Nokia 5.1 still seems to rehash the Nokia philosophy regarding mid-range budget phones by providing limited hardware cosseted in a sturdy build. Priced at ₹11,303, it is a good budget phone, but with its competitors adding some flagship features to their budget handsets, it seems incapable of staying afloat in the market for anything other than its brand name.
Nokia 5.1 keeps within its comfort zone without trying to go for something spectacular. It delivers an average performance which is paired with a mediocre battery. It also has a passable camera. However, it can be a satisfying phone for the budget audience.
Nokia 5.1 caters to the low mid-range budget market, and it delivers accordingly. A few pros and cons of this phone are:
- The Nokia 5.1 comes as a solid build with smooth edges and aluminum touches that make it near-premium.
- It has a sharp display which produces wonderful colours and provide an immersive experience.
- The phone comes with a low-tier processor that tends to struggle with multiple apps or heavy gaming.
- Nokia 5.1 has a poor battery pack which does not fuel up the phone adequately.
- The phone comes with a weak cameras which produces washed out image with a lot of visual noise.
Nokia 5.1 is an impressive set for a low mid-range phone, but it does not try to do anything out of its price bracket. If you are tight on the budget and are looking for a phone that fulfills the basic functions of a handset, then Nokia 5.1 can meet with your needs.
Nokia 5.1 is a low budget phone that comes with average performance and passable cameras, having a solid build.
The Nokia 5.1 has a 5.5 inch IPS LCD screen with an aspect ratio of 18:9. It has an FHD+ resolution of 1080 x 2160 which is quite impressive. The display is bright and provides crisp images. However, the colors seem a bit weaker. The brightness is not as high to provide good sunlight legibility in harsh sunlight. The viewing angles are quite good, but there is a slight dimming of colors when you tilt the phone.
Nokia 5.1 does not look like a low mid-range phone. It is built with a Series 6000 aluminum body which has subtle details that look great. Due to its curved edges, it feels comfortable in the hand. It comes with the 18:9 aspect ratio, and thus can provide a good display without appearing unwieldy.
At 8.2mm, it does not feel bulky either. On the whole, it is a great design and looks almost like a high mid-range phone. It also arrives with a 3.5mm headphone which is an excellent addition for any average user.
Nokia 5.1 arrives with a MediaTek Helio P19 chipset which is an octa-core CPU with 4 cores running at 2.0 GHz for heavy tasks while the other four are clocked at 1.2 GHz for lighter tasks. It is partnered with the Mali-T860MP2 GPU. This is a standard for most budget phones. It delivers passable performance as can be expected from this budget.
There is a slight delay while launching the apps and multitasking can get a bit frustrating. It is not the set for gaming, and so many graphics-heavy games like PUBG might result in lags. Benchmark scores put it at a multi-core score of 3255, which is easily beaten by Honor 9 Lite’s score of 3668.
The Nokia 5.1 has a rear 16MP camera which features dual-LED flash and can capture HDR videos. It presents decent snaps, but the colors may appear weak. There is a bit of noise captured and while the phone tries to cancel it, zooming in shows the noise cancellation present.
In low light situations, the noise captured is a lot more, and as a result, the noise cancellation becomes more aggressive, making the photos lose a lot of details.
The Nokia 5.1 has a non-removable 2970 mAh battery that is capable of a day’s use. Heavy tasks like gaming and video streaming will drain the battery at a fast rate resulting in a lower than one-day battery life. It is recommended to use it for heavy tasks sparingly if you do not have a charger nearby.
The Nokia 5.1 is a tempting phone. It comes with a great design, and the display with high resolution is excellent and at par with mid-range phones. However, the performance could have been improved, as it can get sluggish at times. Gaming is not passable on this phone. However, if you want a device for performing the essential functions of a mobile phone, then you are not going to be disappointed with the Nokia 5.1.
- Bluetooth4.2, A2DP, LE
- Back Camera16 MP
- Front Camera8 MP
- Thickness0.32 inches
- Height5.95 inches
- ColorCopper, Tempered Blue, Black
- BuildFront glass, aluminum body (6000 series)
- Width2.78 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.5 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD
- Pixel Density439 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass (unspecified version)
- Display Size5.25 inch to 5.5 inch
- Display Resolution1080 x 2160 pixels
- Screen to Body Ratio73.10%
- CPUOcta-core (4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 4x1.2 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Chipset GPMediaTek Helio P18
- RAM2 GB RAM
- OSAndroid 8.0 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie) Android One
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Storage16 GB
- RAM/Internal Storage32 GB, 3 RAM or 16 GB, 2 GB RAM
- Single Camera16 MP
- Back Camera FeaturesDual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera8 MP
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Talk TimeUp to 19 h (3G)
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity2800 mAh to 3000 mAh
- Battery Capacity2970 mAh
- Music TimeUp to 53 h
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2018, May
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, August
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Nokia 5.1
- All flagships, and even mid-range devices now offer fast charging support. But they all seem to be called by different names. From a consumer perspective, this can get rather confusing. Which is why we’re here to clarify it for you. Let’s compare OnePlus’s Dash Charging, LG’s Rapid Charging, and the popularly used Quick Charging. Quick…
- 5 Famous Cricketers And Their GadgetsMon, 14 Oct'19If you’re among the top professional cricketers, you’re going to be getting both money and fame, at least here in India. So it doesn’t come in as any surprise that all the major cricketers have a lot of fancy gadgets they would like to show off. Let’s focus on their gadgets – smartphones, consoles and all!…
- Selling your old smartphone was never this easyFri, 11 Oct'19With each and every day technology is evolving and so are we. With daily upgrading technology, we also get the urge of owning a new iteration of the gadget over their previous one and the most countable among them is your smartphone. Isn’t so? But, the biggest question that becomes the concern is, what will…
- Where To Buy And Sell Refurbished Mobile PhonesFri, 11 Oct'19Everyone is looking for a high-end phone, but the problem is paying the high prices associated with them. Some are quite happy to pay the retail price, but there are many others who are always looking for a deal. One of the ways we can find our favourite smartphones for cheap is to look for…
- While buying a new smartphone we make sure to accessorise our phone well. We doll it up and take care of it like a baby. Screen guards or screen protectors are very essential while ensuring the well-being of your phone screens. They will help you shield your phone screens from everyday scratches, breakage or any…
- Battery anxiety isn’t uncommon on smartphones. If anything, it is the universal truth of the smartphone age we live in. That doesn’t mean it is here to stay though. With some handy tips and tricks, it is possible to fix common battery drain issues. #1 – Use Battery saver apps Battery saver apps like Dr.…
- What Phone Would Stranger Things Characters Use?Tue, 9 Jul'19Everyone knows about the Stranger Things TV show on Netflix. Those who don’t are obviously living under a rock. The TV series based on the 80s is grabbing a lot of eyeballs across the globe, and it seems logical, being the gadget enthusiasts we are, that we tell you each characters’ mobile phone preference if…
- What Phones Would Breaking Bad Characters Use?Tue, 9 Jul'19Breaking Bad can be considered as one of the most revered TV series of all time. We can’t deny that the drama, suspense and the hype it created around itself is something of a legend itself. Even 5 years after the historic show ended, quotes and dialogues from some of the most epic moments in…
- While scrolling through your old photos, ever wondered where a certain pic was taken? Every smartphone has some essential details about the photos taken such as its date, time, size, etc. It also stores the location the photo was taken at, provided your phone had GPS running at that point. In this comprehensive guide, we…
- Chinese smartphone maker Huawei is at the forefront of the 5G tech – it recently conducted successful trials of the technology in partnership with Ericsson in Europe. As India is trying to formulate a roadmap for the introduction of 5G in the country, Huawei is again becoming an active participant to bring about innovation in telecommunication. Airtel…
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.1spec scoreApple iPhone 11 Pro Max₹109,900Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreSony Xperia 10Add to compare
- 8spec scoreXiaomi Black SharkAdd to compare
- 7.4spec scoreXiaomi Mi Mix 3Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreVivo S1₹17,990Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreOppo A5s₹8,990Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreXiaomi Redmi Y3₹8,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 7₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy M30₹11,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreHonor View 20₹23,990Add to compare