Featuring a 5.5 inch Full HD display with 401 PPI density, the Vivo V5 Plus is finally a Full HD phone compared to Vivo’s other models. Running entirely on the 1.8 GHz octa-core Snapdragon 652 chipset processor and the Android 6.0 operating system, with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage space which can be expanded up to 128GB. The rear camera has 13MP LED flash and a set of front cameras of 20MP+8MP. Powered by 3,300mAh battery with quick charging technology, the Vivo V5 Plus comes with several connectivity features like the Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, micro-USB 2.0, etc.
However, at an asking price of almost INR 30,000/-, the V5 Plus is hugely overpriced and is quickly overshadowed by the OnePlus 3T.
In totality, there are a lot of things Vivo does right, while some attributes could have been better. We had the chance to take the phone for a spin, and this is what we were able to assess.
There can be a lot of things that the Vivo V5 Plus has to offer – which includes the set of good cameras, the bright AMOLED display, etc. But to compete with the OnePlus 3T and another big league of phones, this device has to enhance itself a lot more to hold its ground. Here’s a set of a detailed list of pros and cons:
- High-Quality Images
- Tough built
- Decent performance
- AMOLED Display
- Monotonous Aspect Ratio screen instead of the Full-screen notch design
- Average selfie camera
- MicroUSB Charging at the price of fast charging
It can be said that Vivo did take a pretty good attempt and brought its most-loved features (and a few delightful upgrades) with this device – but is still miles behind the expectations at the given price range.
The Vivo V5 Plus is guilty of setting the same monotonous design for which it was built to be distinct from in the first place.
Okay, so Vivo has heard the complaints about its lack of a full HD display in other models and finally releases its full HD viewing – but at a much higher cost. Featuring a 5.5inch Color IPS AMOLED screen, this device is known for its thin bezels and 2.5D curved glass which adds a certain charm to the entire phone. Not any lacking, but the display is beautiful but would have been great at the full screen, notched design display just like for its competitors.
Having a dimension of 52.6 x 74 x 7.3 mm and weighing at 158grams, the Vivo V5 Plus feels pretty light and has a smooth finished look. But due to same aspect ratio screens, it looks and feels no different than the other Vivo, Oppo phones in the market which comes at half the price that of this smartphone. However, this phone is built strong and looks stylish cum durable. The little detailing punched speaker holes, micro USB port – are all arranged and looks proper finishing to add the spark to this device.
The V5 Plus comes powered by the 2 GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor with 4GB RAM and Adreno 506 GPU keeping the operation lag-free. However, it is the Android 6.0 Marshmallow Operating System which is outdated and is a deal breaker at this asking price. For playing high-end phones like Asphalt Airborne, the device ran pretty smooth, but while multi-tasking between apps can have slower loading times.
The V5 Plus had a 20MP camera and now comes with an additional 8MP camera in the front – while the rear camera now also has a 16MP rear sensor that can shoot through the day and night. The beautiful Bokeh effects, whitening skin tones, selfie modes and other features this front camera is maybe not the best but is undoubtedly one of the very best cameras with smartphones that you’d find in the market.
The Vivo V5 Plus uses a 3055mAh Li-ion battery that isn’t a juice gobbler – thanks to the Snapdragon 630 processor. It sports a dual engine quick charging technique that requires only 2 hours to charge the phones fully.
Aimed entirely towards the Instagram savvy people out in front, the beautiful bokeh images are the USP of this device. But there’s plenty of things which needs to be upgraded to make the Vivo V5 Plus hold its ground, if not finishing on the top of the line with some of the biggest flagship phone makers across the world.
- Bluetooth4.0, A2DP
- Back Camera16 MP
- Thickness0.29 inches
- Height6.01 inches
- Weight158.6 g
- ColorGold, Gray
- BuildFront glass, aluminum body
- Width2.91 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.5 inches
- Screen Resolution1080X1920
- Pixel Density401 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 5
- Display Resolution1080 x 1920 pixels
- Screen to Body Ratio73.80%
- CPUOcta-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset GPQualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 (14 nm)
- RAM4 GB RAM
- GPUAdreno 506
- OSAndroid 6 (Marshmallow) Funtouch 3
- ChipsetQualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625
- Expandable MemoryNo
- Storage64 GB
- RAM/Internal Storage64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Single Camera16 MP, f/2.0
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, panorama, HDR
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p30fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Dual Camera20 MP, f/2.0, 1/2.88 MP
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio Features32-bit/192kHz audioActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3160 mAh
- Battery Capacity3160 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 10W
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2017, January
- StatusAvailable. Released 2017, January
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Vivo V5 Plus
- All flagships, and even mid-range devices now offer fast charging support. But they all seem to be called by different names. From a consumer perspective, this can get rather confusing. Which is why we’re here to clarify it for you. Let’s compare OnePlus’s Dash Charging, LG’s Rapid Charging, and the popularly used Quick Charging. Quick…
- 5 Famous Cricketers And Their GadgetsMon, 14 Oct'19If you’re among the top professional cricketers, you’re going to be getting both money and fame, at least here in India. So it doesn’t come in as any surprise that all the major cricketers have a lot of fancy gadgets they would like to show off. Let’s focus on their gadgets – smartphones, consoles and all!…
- Selling your old smartphone was never this easyFri, 11 Oct'19With each and every day technology is evolving and so are we. With daily upgrading technology, we also get the urge of owning a new iteration of the gadget over their previous one and the most countable among them is your smartphone. Isn’t so? But, the biggest question that becomes the concern is, what will…
- Where To Buy And Sell Refurbished Mobile PhonesFri, 11 Oct'19Everyone is looking for a high-end phone, but the problem is paying the high prices associated with them. Some are quite happy to pay the retail price, but there are many others who are always looking for a deal. One of the ways we can find our favourite smartphones for cheap is to look for…
- While buying a new smartphone we make sure to accessorise our phone well. We doll it up and take care of it like a baby. Screen guards or screen protectors are very essential while ensuring the well-being of your phone screens. They will help you shield your phone screens from everyday scratches, breakage or any…
- Battery anxiety isn’t uncommon on smartphones. If anything, it is the universal truth of the smartphone age we live in. That doesn’t mean it is here to stay though. With some handy tips and tricks, it is possible to fix common battery drain issues. #1 – Use Battery saver apps Battery saver apps like Dr.…
- What Phone Would Stranger Things Characters Use?Tue, 9 Jul'19Everyone knows about the Stranger Things TV show on Netflix. Those who don’t are obviously living under a rock. The TV series based on the 80s is grabbing a lot of eyeballs across the globe, and it seems logical, being the gadget enthusiasts we are, that we tell you each characters’ mobile phone preference if…
- What Phones Would Breaking Bad Characters Use?Tue, 9 Jul'19Breaking Bad can be considered as one of the most revered TV series of all time. We can’t deny that the drama, suspense and the hype it created around itself is something of a legend itself. Even 5 years after the historic show ended, quotes and dialogues from some of the most epic moments in…
- While scrolling through your old photos, ever wondered where a certain pic was taken? Every smartphone has some essential details about the photos taken such as its date, time, size, etc. It also stores the location the photo was taken at, provided your phone had GPS running at that point. In this comprehensive guide, we…
- Chinese smartphone maker Huawei is at the forefront of the 5G tech – it recently conducted successful trials of the technology in partnership with Ericsson in Europe. As India is trying to formulate a roadmap for the introduction of 5G in the country, Huawei is again becoming an active participant to bring about innovation in telecommunication. Airtel…
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.1spec scoreApple iPhone 11 Pro Max₹109,900Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreSony Xperia 10Add to compare
- 8spec scoreXiaomi Black SharkAdd to compare
- 7.4spec scoreXiaomi Mi Mix 3Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreVivo S1₹17,990Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreOppo A5s₹8,990Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreXiaomi Redmi Y3₹8,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 7₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy M30₹11,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreHonor View 20₹23,990Add to compare