Vivo Y71 may have the budget look, but it comes with a flair that few budget phones carry. Priced at Rs. 11,990, the Vivo Y71 is a decent model which tries to keep itself capable for budget use but fails to keep the price down.
However, the Vivo Y71 struggles to maintain its competitive edge in the competitive market that it arrives in. The phone is quite poor when it comes to processing and the lack of fingerprint scanner makes it quite bland. Overall, the Vivo Y71 is not a phone that could stay afloat in the competitive market, contending against the likes of Redmi.
Vivo Y71 may not attract you from the first, but it does have some cool aspects to it. It has a few pros and cons:
- The phone offers enough screen space to work with.
- The Vivo Y71 has a sizable battery which can keep chugging without a problem.
- The phone does not have a striking design and comes with a poor look.
- No fingerprint scanner.
- It comes with a dated processor that can provide a laggy performance.
- The phone has a poor set of cameras with inaccurate colour capture and exposure.
Overall, the Vivo Y71 is a capable model but it falls short when it comes to a comparison with its competitors. Hence, it becomes a poor phone to recommend.
Vivo Y71 does look good neither does it bring any substance, making it a poor phone that cannot satisfy even a budget user with low expectations.
Vivo Y71 has a 6-inch HD+ screen with a resolution of 720×1440 pixels. The pixel density is quite low at 269ppi but the aspect ratio of the phone is modern 18:9. However, many phones have moved on the 19:9 aspect ratio as well. The colours are not the sharpest on the display and the phone tends to have a bit of viewing angle issues. Despite the Full View Display, the thick chin and top makes the phone less immersive than any other phone. Display is not the strong point of Vivo Y71.
Vivo Y71 comes with a bland look. It is a polycarbonate build which gives a metallic touch to it. The phone does not carry a fingerprint scanner on its back but it actually quite blank when your flip it over. The rear panel just carries the Vivo branding on it. The phone however remains quite light weight. On the right side, you get to find the volume rocker and power button. On the left, there is just a SIM tray. The bottom hosts the Micro-USB charger and a headphone jack. In the front, the phone does have a Full View Display with minimal bezels but it does have a thick top and chin lowering the screen size. It does not have a fingerprint scanner.
Vivo Y71 gets its power from the Qualcomm Snapdragon 425. It is quite a dated chipset and it shows. The phone fails to perform properly when it is used for intensive tasks. Basic apps can run well without any lag. There is also a possibility that you can run multiple basic apps without letting any stutter take place. But, when it comes to intensive apps, the phone starts to struggle a lot. Plus, gaming performance on this phone is poor. You can run 2D games without a problem. However, graphics-intensive games will start to stutter and get unplayable with this phone. It comes with a RAM of 3GB. Face Unlock is a bit slow and unreliable.
The Vivo Y71 comes with a 13MP camera along with a 5MP front camera. In daylight, the rear camera shoots decent photos preserving the bright and sharp colours, though the exposure tends to go down. You can see certain areas as too bright and other too dim. Colour accuracy on the images are poor. Low-light shots are extremely grainy and hence, the quality plummets. However, at this range, low-light shots are not expected to be great. Regarding the front camera, the 5MP camera can click decent selfies and is sometimes better than the rear camera. The colours are bright and in this case, the exposure is quite accurate. It also has bokeh effect though it is not fantastic considering it uses software to engage the bokeh shots.
The Vivo Y71i gets its fuel from a 3360mAh battery. The battery on this phone is quite appreciable. Since the phone does not come with a Full HD display, the screen does not draw too much juice from the battery. Hence, the battery is able to hold its juice for a long time and stay active. So, it can stay alive for about a day without dying, but it is only possible in case of light use. Charging can take a bit of time since it does not have fast charging and charging time goes up to 2 hours.
In general, the Vivo Y71 is not the best phone when compared with the other phones in the same price range. Firstly, it does not come with a fingerprint scanner which is a disappointment. On top of that, the phone struggles a lot with its performance especially in gaming. Games like PUBG tends to lag a lot. The phone does not offer good camera as well. While it does come at a low price, the Vivo Y71 sacrifices a lot on the specifications and hence, it is not a recommended set for average users.
- Bluetooth4.2, A2DP, LE
- Back Camera13 MP
- Front Camera5 MP
- Thickness0.31 inches
- Height6.14 inches
- Weight150 g
- ColorBlack, Gold
- BuildFront glass, aluminum body
- Width2.98 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.0 inches
- Screen Resolution720X1440
- Display TypeIPS LCD
- Pixel Density268 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 3
- Display Size5.75 inch to 6 inch
- Display Resolution720 x 1440 pixels
- Screen to Body Ratio78.70%
- CPUQuad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset GPQualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 (28 nm)
- RAM3 GB RAM
- GPUAdreno 308
- OSAndroid 8.1 (Oreo) Funtouch 4
- ChipsetQualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Storage32 GB
- RAM/Internal Storage16/32 GB, 3 GB RAM
- Single Camera13 MP, f/2.2
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera5 MP, f/2.2
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3360 mAh
- Battery Capacity3360 mAh
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- SensorsAccelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2018, April
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, April
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Vivo Y71
- All flagships, and even mid-range devices now offer fast charging support. But they all seem to be called by different names. From a consumer perspective, this can get rather confusing. Which is why we’re here to clarify it for you. Let’s compare OnePlus’s Dash Charging, LG’s Rapid Charging, and the popularly used Quick Charging. Quick…
- 5 Famous Cricketers And Their GadgetsMon, 14 Oct'19If you’re among the top professional cricketers, you’re going to be getting both money and fame, at least here in India. So it doesn’t come in as any surprise that all the major cricketers have a lot of fancy gadgets they would like to show off. Let’s focus on their gadgets – smartphones, consoles and all!…
- Selling your old smartphone was never this easyFri, 11 Oct'19With each and every day technology is evolving and so are we. With daily upgrading technology, we also get the urge of owning a new iteration of the gadget over their previous one and the most countable among them is your smartphone. Isn’t so? But, the biggest question that becomes the concern is, what will…
- Where To Buy And Sell Refurbished Mobile PhonesFri, 11 Oct'19Everyone is looking for a high-end phone, but the problem is paying the high prices associated with them. Some are quite happy to pay the retail price, but there are many others who are always looking for a deal. One of the ways we can find our favourite smartphones for cheap is to look for…
- While buying a new smartphone we make sure to accessorise our phone well. We doll it up and take care of it like a baby. Screen guards or screen protectors are very essential while ensuring the well-being of your phone screens. They will help you shield your phone screens from everyday scratches, breakage or any…
- Battery anxiety isn’t uncommon on smartphones. If anything, it is the universal truth of the smartphone age we live in. That doesn’t mean it is here to stay though. With some handy tips and tricks, it is possible to fix common battery drain issues. #1 – Use Battery saver apps Battery saver apps like Dr.…
- What Phone Would Stranger Things Characters Use?Tue, 9 Jul'19Everyone knows about the Stranger Things TV show on Netflix. Those who don’t are obviously living under a rock. The TV series based on the 80s is grabbing a lot of eyeballs across the globe, and it seems logical, being the gadget enthusiasts we are, that we tell you each characters’ mobile phone preference if…
- What Phones Would Breaking Bad Characters Use?Tue, 9 Jul'19Breaking Bad can be considered as one of the most revered TV series of all time. We can’t deny that the drama, suspense and the hype it created around itself is something of a legend itself. Even 5 years after the historic show ended, quotes and dialogues from some of the most epic moments in…
- While scrolling through your old photos, ever wondered where a certain pic was taken? Every smartphone has some essential details about the photos taken such as its date, time, size, etc. It also stores the location the photo was taken at, provided your phone had GPS running at that point. In this comprehensive guide, we…
- Chinese smartphone maker Huawei is at the forefront of the 5G tech – it recently conducted successful trials of the technology in partnership with Ericsson in Europe. As India is trying to formulate a roadmap for the introduction of 5G in the country, Huawei is again becoming an active participant to bring about innovation in telecommunication. Airtel…
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.1spec scoreApple iPhone 11 Pro Max₹109,900Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y15 2019₹12,990Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreLG W30₹7,999Add to compare
- 8.3spec scoreXiaomi Redmi K20₹19,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy M40₹19,990Add to compare
- 7.1spec scoreLG K30Add to compare
- 8.1spec scoreLG V35 ThinqAdd to compare
- 7.4spec scoreLG K11 PlusAdd to compare
- 7.5spec scoreLG G7 FitAdd to compare
- 7.8spec scoreLG V40 Thinq₹21,118Add to compare