Using refurbished phones basically means using pre-owned phones. A refurbished phone is a used model which has been given back to the manufacturer to be repaired and restored. Buying these phones is a healthy alternative to buying a new phone – you end up saving the otherwise extravagant sum of money you would have spent. Let’s highlight the top 5 benefits of using these phones.
- Cost: The biggest reason people go for such phones is the monetary benefits associated with it. There is a significant price drop encountered when you go for a refurbished model instead of a factory fresh one. For example, the cost of a new OnePlus Two phone was Rs 23,000 at launch, whereas the refurbished one is was available for only Rs 16,000. Hence, you end up paying a much lesser amount for the same features.
- Quality service: Multiple tests are done to ensure that the product works perfectly. Manufacturers and sellers are well aware of their reputation and they do not sell malfunctioning products. Whenever you go for a refurbished model, you know that you are getting a fully functional product.
3. Warranty: When you purchase a refurbished handset from a reputed seller, you get a decent warranty period. You can test the phone, and decide if you want to keep it or not.
4. Condition of the phone: Just because the phone is pre-owned does not necessarily mean that its condition would be compromised. Many people just change phones to keep up with the changing trends even when their phone is not worn out. These phones are in perfect condition.
5. Environmental-friendliness: Since such phones are recycled models, they do not go to landfills and do not contribute to environmental damage. So when you buy a such a phone, you are greatly contributing towards the environment.
Next time, do some research and and pick a refurbished phone if it makes sense to you. Or maybe sell yours to get it refurbished.