In today’s era, it does not surprise anyone to see how rapidly the technology is advancing. What’s alarming is the desperate want of customers to stay upgraded with the most up-to-date set of gadgets, especially smartphones.
It is certainly a happy moment for tech brats whenever a new gadget is launched in the market. On the contrary, the number of users who actually think about proper disposal of e-waste before throwing out an old gadget is not even worth comparing. According to the latest report of Assocham and KPMG, India is the fifth largest e-waste producer.
Here are some disturbing facts about e-waste in India:
1. For an estimate, India churns out 18.5 lakh tonnes of e-waste annually.
2. The radical expansion of Indian telecom industry is considered to be the prime reason.
3. Smartphones are the major contributors as India is the second largest market for mobiles with 1.03 billion subscribers. (Encash Old Mobiles)
4. The reports state that 12 percent of the total electronic waste is accounted by telecom equipment.
5. Surprisingly, over 100 crores smartphones are launched in the market annually about 25 percent of this adds to the increased amount of e-waste.
Does it matter?
If you’re asking this question right now, then the answer certainly is a big YES. If you’re buying a new phone and not disposing your old phone properly, you are directly contributing to the following happenings:
1. You’re putting environment at risk.
2. You’re creating occupational complications for workers by exposing toxic components like lead, mercury, etc.
3. You’re contributing directly to the illegal engagement of as much as five lakh child labourers, as stated by the reports of Assocham-Frast & Sullivan.
4. You’re inviting trouble for yourself. Mumbai city churns out maximum quantity of e-waste followed by the capital & Bengaluru.
Wondering about the solution?
This is the life-saving part for you, and for everyone as this online portal makes proper disposal of e-waste fast, easy & hassle-free. Cashify an online portal enables the users to get their gadgets valued instantly, schedule a free pickup and get instant cash delivered at their doorstep.
This simply means that now, you can get rid of your e-waste without stepping out. Checkout their website here and explore how seamless the process is. At Cashify, there is no need to post ads, no need of unnecessary bargaining and most importantly, no need of meeting multiple buyers at all.
Try Cashify today and experience #SellingSimplified!