Huawei recently revealed to the world its latest EMUI 9 custom ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie. The company further decided to expand the beta program in certain Huawei and Honor models; after its successful update of EMUI 9.0 based on Android 8.0 Oreo in the Huawei Mate 10 Pro. The handsets to be tested in the Beta phase are mostly from last year and this year itself.
Another 13 devices – mid-level and high-end – launched this year have been added to the list by the Chinese brand. The Android 9.0 beta program is limited to only Chinese and European markets but will be opened globally soon.
Nine Huawei phones are getting Google’s latest mobile OS – Android Pie based EMUI 9.0 update. These include:
- Huawei P10,
- P10 Plus,
- Honor Note 10,
- Note 9,
- Honor V9,
- Mate 9,
- Mate 9 Pro,
- Mate 9 Porsche Design,
- Nova 2S,
- Nova 3 and
- MediaPad M5
The company is inviting testers for the beta version. All those who have the right handset, the right model number and the latest software version, you are on. The company will allow for the downloading of Beta packages only if :
- a device falls under the specified model number
- The device should be fully updated to the latest firmware
- and the handset should be unrooted.
There will be a limited number of slots available. Only a handful of Beta testers from 500 to 1,500 per model are required. The steps include:
- Visit the link and download the beta app
- Install the app and then sign in or sign up using the Huawei login credentials.
- Once you have passed all the necessary requirements test, EMUI 9 project will pop up.
- Select EMUI 9 and then proceed
What to look for
The highlights of EMUI 9.0 which was released in September during the IFA 2018 include the following:
- The controls inside the interface have been minimized considerably.
- A new Nature UX has been introduced, which uses natural sounds and colors to enable a minimal style UI.
- A new gesture set up for task switching is also there. This ensures quick navigation and multitasking.
- It also features the improved GPU Turbo 2.0 which uses newer algorithms to minimize the power required by a game. This ensures lag-free performance.
- A new password manager is there by which one can auto-fill passwords using ID verification from the fingerprint scanner or through facial recognition.
- Huawei introduces its own version of Digital wellbeing. This provides for tracking of your usage, limiting the time you use on an app and a wind-down mode for a grayscale display during the night.
Huawei, with its new EMUI 9.0 interface, promises to up performance levels by 12.9 percent. The new EMUI will have better app load times – of at least 10 percent when compared to the older version. Huawei says that EMUI 9.0 is “Simple, enjoyable and consistent.” with the Beta version already launched for nine handsets, the wait will be soon over for the launching of the new android software in the eleven models.
Considering a Huawei device? Remember to sell your used phone on Cashify before you upgrade!