The hype is up. The wait is almost over. Apple is all set to launch their most exciting device till date- the new iPhone 2015 (most probably the 6S). If you are among the millions of iManiacs who can do absolutely anything to buy the new iPhone on its release date itself (or a few days in), you would already be wondering about the future of your existing iPhone. Instead of just giving it away to the younger ones in your home, you can make the most out of your extremely priced iPhone. In this article, we will discuss some tips to help you get the most cash on the resell of your existing iPhone ahead of the new iPhone’s launch.
The first thing to do before you sell or give away any of your devices is that you should remove all traces of your personal information from it. That’s right, format the device, restore it to factory defaults and check for any leaked data.
Follow the steps shown below to clear your data from an iPhone:
- Back up your device, if there is anything important on it.
- Tap Settings > iCloud. Scroll down and tap Sign Out. In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Delete Account.
- Tap Sign Out again, then tap Delete from My iPhone and enter your password.
- Go back to Settings and tap General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. In iOS 7 or later with Find My iPhone turned on, you’ll need your Apple ID and password.
- If asked for your device passcode or Restrictions passcode, enter it. Then, tap Erase [device].
Now here are the actual tips on how to make the most out of your priced ex-iPhone.
After clearing up your iPhone for sale, it’s now time to choose a buyer. There are many different methods to sell your iPhone, some better than the other. Here are some of the most popular:
- Physical stores: Go to any small mobile phone retail shop and ask them if they are interested in buying your phone. They may quote a lesser price than your liking but it’s your work to ask for what you would prefer the cost to be. If they agree, it’s well and good. If not, go to another shop. A little painful work, but if you know any potential shops who buy iPhones, you can get a good deal.
- Known friends or any other potential buyer: If you know any friend interested in buying your iPhone, ask them if they would like to make it their own.
- Advertise it online: You’ve most probably already heard of sites like OLX.com. Use sites like those to advertise your iPhone. Viewers of the ads interested in buying your phone will contact you and if they want to buy it, you can either courier it off or meet the buyer in person.
- Online shopping sites: Online sellers like Flipkart, eBay Snapdeal often offer the facility to exchange your existing phones for a new one, while getting mouthful discounts on the new phones. If you are planning to buy the new iPhone through any of these sites, this option is a go.
- And finally, the method that can get you the most bucks off your old devices:
Online Re-Commercing sites like ReGlobe offer facilities of selling old electronics like no other. Delivering cash to your doorstep and also reducing your work of going anywhere to sell your phone by offering doorstep pickup service, ReGlobe ensures that its sellers receive the most deserved price for their goods. If you are hyping up for the new iPhone launch and are planning to sell your existing phone in favour of this new device, ReGlobe.com may just be your stop.