The Honor 20 is quite the premium-looking phone that is meant to keep you satisfied. Priced at Rs. 32,999, the Honor 20 has an elegant look and the hardware that can make it a top-ranked phone in the top mid-range market.
However, the camera performance of the Honor 20 needs a reboot. It is not very consistent, and that’s why the phone might lag behind its immediate competitor OnePlus 7. However, if you are an Honor fan, you will not be disappointed and can choose this phone over OnePlus 7.
The Honor 20 is compact and look handsome. It has a few pros and cons:
- The Honor 20 has a gradient, premium design that screams Honor and premiumness.
- The phone comes with a large punch-hole display which presents punchy colours.
- The phone has a killer performance due to the Kirin 980, which can handle both performance and gaming efficiently.
- The battery of the phone is long-lasting and keeps chugging until the end of the day.
- The phone does not have fast charging.
- It has poor audio, which ends up being tinny.
- The cameras of the phone are quite inconsistent and do not deliver the Huawei camera prowess.
The Honor 20 is an accomplished phone, and if you are looking for performance, it has everything that will keep you satisfied — the Kirin 980 packs quite a grunt. Plus, the punch-hole display makes it look quite modern. However, do not keep your expectations high with the camera as it might disappoint you. Overall, the phone is excellent for performance and is quite premium-looking to boast.
The Honor 20 comes as a premium all-rounder but falters in providing a consistent camera performance, thereby lagging behind its competitors, OnePlus 7.
Honor 20 has a 6.26-inch full HD+ screen with a 1080×2340 pixels. The phone comes with an excellent pixel density of 412 ppi. It does not have a reinforced glass, but the company claims that it uses a material that will prevent damage and scratches. It is a hole punch screen which might be a bit distracting, but it’s a modern touch. The phone may not have the AMOLED vibrancy, but it is plenty bright and can be used outdoors. However, the phone screen is a bit reflective, and harsh sunlight can make it even worse. Indoors, the colours are quite crisp. There is also an eye comfort mode that reduces the harsh blue tinge and gives a yellowish colouration. You can also manually switch from Full HD+ to HD+ to save power.
The Honor 20 is a compact phone with a slim look and curved edges that slips comfortably in your palm. The phone has a dual-glass design. The glass rear has a gradient effect and a mirror finish, which makes it look premium. It changes colour based on how the light falls on it. Overall, the design is beautiful. The 2.5D curved-edge display along with the glass rear blends well with the metallic rim that goes around the edges of the phone. The volume rocker is on the right side along with the recessed power button with an embedded fingerprint sensor. It is quite snappy and accurate. The bottom of the phone hosts the speaker and USB Type-C port. There are two problems with this phone though – first the glossy back makes the phone a fingerprint magnet, and secondly, the camera bulge makes it look quite weak. Otherwise, the phone has a premium design.
The phone gets its power from the Huawei own HiSilicon Kirin 980 chipset which is the same used in Mate 20 Ori and P30 Pro. The Kirin is a powerful chipset, and it is blazing fast. You can run anything on this phone, including intensive tasks like running 15-20 apps, and this phone will not slow down. Even high-end games like PUBG Mobile and Asphalt 5 works brilliantly without any stutters. However, the camera app does become unresponsive at times while taking photos, which is strange. The only complain is while gaming is right on this phone, the audio is weak and is easily muffled due to the single speaker that is used.
The phone comes with a 48MP camera with 4-in-1 Light Fusion, which is the pixel binning technique of Huawei. It uses four adjacent pixels, combines it in one for bright photos. The 48MP is supported by a super-wide 18MP camera and a 2MP depth-sensing camera. In the front, the phone has a 32MP selfie camera. Huawei is known for its cameras, but the Honor 20 does disappoint a bit. In daylight, the camera was able to capture punchy photos which had plenty of details. However, the images had a bit of oversaturation, and the colours seem inaccurate. Red was too warm, and the green colours looked dull. The edge detection is generally, but the dynamic range of the cameras is weak, unable to reproduce the blue streaks of the sky during sunrise or sunset. The panoramas by the wide-angle camera were quite good without much barrel distortion. The phone has a 32MP selfie camera which captures plenty of details. However, the beauty mode smoothens it out and makes the selfies look artificial. Low-light selfies develop a lot of grain.
The Honor 20 can record 4K video at 30fps and 1080 video at 60fps. The videos are quite good, but due to the lack of optical image stabilization, they can turn out to be blurry. On the other hand, it has Artificial Image stabilization, which cancels out hand movement artificially and is not very efficient.
The Honor 20 comes with a 3750 mAh battery which is quite good. The battery is a strong point for Honor 20. It can last for an entire day with moderate use and even have 30-35% left by the end of the day. Running an HD video on loop found that the phone can run for 18 hours and 47 minutes, which is fantastic. The phone does not have wireless charging, but it does charge fast reaching from 0 to 100% within an hour and a half.
Honor 20 has an impressive design, and one of the best features of this phone is the grunts that it has under its hood. However, the phone has its flaws. The phone does not have the best cameras considering its a Huawei phone. The cameras tend to struggle with colour reproduction and do not deliver good videos either. The lack of proper display can also be a sore point for people looking for an immersive screen. Overall, the phone completes against OnePlus 7 and severely lags in the camera department in comparison. If you are looking for photographic oomph, the OnePlus 7 is a better phone to go for.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- Thickness0.31 inches
- Height6.07 inches
- Weight174 g
- ColorMidnight Black, Sapphire Blue, Icelandic white
- BuildFront/back glass, aluminum frame
- Width2.91 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.26 inches
- Pixel Density412 ppi
- Display Resolution1080 x 2340 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19.5:9
- Screen to Body Ratio0.842
- CPUOcta-core (2x2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 2x1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- Chipset GPHiSilicon Kirin 980 (7 nm)
- GPUMali-G76 MP10
- OSAndroid 9.0 (Pie) Magic 2.1
- Expandable MemoryNo
- RAM/Internal Storage128 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p30/60fps gyro-EIS
- Quad Camera48 MP, f/1.8, 28mm (wide), 1/2, 0.8 micron16 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/3.12 MP, f/2.4, 27mm (wide), dedicated macro camera2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps, gyro-EIS
- Single Camera32 MP, f/2.0, 0.8 micron
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic32-bit/192kHz audio
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3750 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 22.5W (50% in 24 min)
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USB2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2019, May
- StatusAvailable. Released 2019, June
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Honor 20
- Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!Sun, 20 Sep'20We all have grown up playing racing games all our life and these games are still very popular which is why these racing games are evergreen and everyone loves them. With smartphones becoming more and more powerful in recent times with highly powerful processors and GPUs, gaming on smartphones is much more fun than ever. And racing games being favorite of all here we list out the Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!
- Best Emulators For Playing Console Games On Android!Sat, 19 Sep'20The classic console games were a lot of fun back then and we enjoyed playing these on our consoles a lot. These games included Super Mario, Contra, Pokemon, Pac-MAN etc. Fortunately we have some emulators on Android that ca run these same classic console games on our Android smartphone, and here are the Best Emulators For Playing Console Games on Android!
- How To Watch IPL 2020 For Free On Your Mobile Phone?Tue, 15 Sep'20Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Top 5 Flagship Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowMon, 14 Sep'20When most people are buying a new smartphone, they consider a lot of factors to ensure that they make the right purchase decision for themselves, the price segment is an important aspect for purchase for the vast majority of the users. However, if you are not one among them and want the absolute best smartphone experience that money can buy, then we have compiled a list of the top 5 flagship smartphones that offer the most premium experience at a price.
- Top 5 Smart Watches You Can Buy In India Right Now!Thu, 10 Sep'20Smart Watches is a segment of the technology and wearable space that has seen a massive rise in the past few years, we’ve seen multiple iterations of the original Apple Watch over the years and also several Android Wear watches that have good integration with the Android smartphones. Samsung, Huami, Fitbit, and other brands have also launched multiple smartwatches that run on Tizen and other proprietary operating systems with good integration with both Android and iOS.
- 10 Best Apps To Learn Cooking On Android!Fri, 4 Sep'20Though there are hundreds of cooking apps to choose from, these cooking apps are top-rated and highly recommended owing to their unique features and also ease of use. All these apps have made everything handy, easy to follow, and quick. These apps also try to make the cooking experience more creative and enjoyable. Cooking apps are truly helpful not only for beginners but also for regular cooks. From breakfast to dinner, you can count on their recipes as they all provide irresistible recipes. You just need to get into the kitchen and follow them without any ifs or buts. They will surely lend a helping hand in the kitchen through their recipes.
- 10 Best Mobile Games That You Must Play In 2020!Fri, 4 Sep'20While everyone is staying home being safe, mobile gaming is something that has kept us entertained during this pandemic. Here we have listed out some of the best mobile games that you must not miss and should definitely try it out. All these games are free to download and are available on both Android and iOS app stores.
- Top 10 Best Gaming Phones In India – 2020 Edition!Thu, 3 Sep'20Gaming smartphones is a new segment that has recently developed into a massive interest for many, we have even started seeing several new devices come with budget gaming focussed processors such as the Snapdragon 765G by Qualcomm. However, if you are looking for the ultimate gaming smartphone then there’s more to consider than just the SoC on the smartphone, factors like the display, audio, and the overall software experience add up to offer the smoothest gaming experience. Here are the top 10 gaming smartphones to buy in 2020.
- Phone batteries may appear small in size, but they hold a lot of toxic chemicals that are hazardous to the environment and health. They can harm the soil in which they are buried and can even pollute the air. Disposing of them in the correct ways is a necessity, and here we discuss the best way to dispose of your smartphone’s battery, the Right way.
- The mid-range segment of smartphones was very limited until recent times and was mostly filled with offerings form Chinese manufacturers and other small companies. Until recent times there was no real competitor in the mid-range segment that was worth our suggestion, however, this has taken a massive turn in recent years with Google releasing a cheaper version of their Pixel flagship smartphone and Apple releasing a similar offering at a budget price. In the year 2020, we now have at least 3 major competitors – the Google Pixel 4a, iPhone SE, and the OnePlus Nord. Here’s how they compete against each other.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 8spec scoreHuawei P30Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 20 ProAdd to compare
- 8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy A8SAdd to compare
- 7.8spec scoreVivo V15₹19,990Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreOPPO F11₹13,990Add to compare
- 8.1spec scoreRealme 3 Pro₹12,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreOPPO F11 Pro₹20,990Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreSamsung Galaxy A60Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme 7₹14,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreTecno Spark Go 2020₹6,499Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y20i₹11,490Add to compare
- 7.6spec scorePOCO M2₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 5.3₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreInfinix Note 7₹11,499Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 9i₹8,299Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO F17₹17,990Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Z Fold2₹149,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreSamsung Galaxy M51₹24,999Add to compare