Honor 20S comes with the shiny rear and comfortable feel that many Huawei phones arrive with. Priced at Rs. 23,990, the Honor 20S is set to make a positive mark in the mid-range market.
The Honor 20S has both reliable performance and great cameras to please you. However, the lack of AMOLED display can be a trouble for many people since many competing phones at this price offer the AMOLED screen. If you want good cameras from a mid-range phone, then Honor 20S can be your go-to handset.
Honor 20S arrives with a Huawei-esque premiumness and reliable. It has a few pros and cons:
- Honor 20S has a premium feel to it.
- The display of the phone is quite crisp and arrives with a punch-hole screen.
- You get a reliable mid-range performance with this phone.
- The battery on this phone can keep chugging for an entire day.
- The cameras of Honor 20S can click decent pictures in daylight.
- Honor 20S does not bring any surprising element to its design, making it look like most other phones.
- The punch-hole camera can be distracting.
- The lack of an AMOLED screen means you will not be getting a vibrant effect while watching movies and playing games.
- The low-light shots can get a bit grainy.
The Honor 20S does come with many midtier features that will please you. However, the lack of an AMOLED screen can be a problem. If you are looking for a capable photography phone, then the Honor 20S can be a great model for you.
Honor 20S has a glossy look that most mid-range phones go for, though it still keeps its camera quality high.
The Honor 20S arrives with a punch-hole design and has a 6.26-inch IPS LCD with Full HD+ resolution. It comes with a 1080×2340 resolution. Nowadays, many phones have opted for the pop-up camera since the punch-hole design can seem a bit distracting. Due to this distraction, the display might not be beautiful for many people. However, the display of this phone is quite strong. Except for the punch-hole, the phone is quite immersive due to the lack of bezels. The brightness is just right and can make the phone usable outdoors, as well. The phone has decent viewing angles, as well. However, you do not get the vibrant and immersive experience that AMOLED screens offer.
The Honor 20S comes with Huawei premium glossy back, which looks quite attractive. However, this design has been repeated by many phones for quite some time, and so, you may not be quite fascinated by it. The phone has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner that works quite fast. It has a vertically stacked camera module on its rear, which fits seamlessly with the model. However, what might be a point of contention is the punch-hole display. The phone has a slim chin, but the other bezels are kept at a minimal, so you get an immersive display. Overall, the design of the phone looks quite common and does not have any bang to it.
The phone gets its power from the Huawei-produced Kirin 810. The processor is paired with a 6GB or 8GB RAM. It is a mid-tier processor, but it gets the job done. You can trust this processor when you are running several apps at one time. It won’t let the phone go into a slow-down mode. However, you should not push this processor too far with intensive app use. The phone can also run graphics-heavy games like PUBG, but it cannot run the games in Ultra High preset. The performance of this phone, overall, is decent for the price it comes in.
The Honor 20S arrives with a triple camera module carrying a primary 48MP camera, an 8MP ultra-wide camera, and a 2MP macro camera. It also has a 32MP selfie camera in the punch hole. The phone can click decent shots in daylight conditions. There are plenty of details in the shots, and the colours are kept quite natural. However, in low-light conditions, the pictures acquire a bit of grain. The Honor 20S cameras do not have the superior Huawei quality, but the quality is still quite better than its competition.
The 32MP selfie camera is quite good, and the pictures can be used for social media purposes.
The Honor 20S has a 3750mAh battery. In general, the standard battery of phone in 2019 is 4000 mAh. Since Honor has lowered its battery hence, it does not meet the competition. The battery still has enough power to keep the phone chugging through the entire day with light and moderate tasks. You can also get a decent charge on this phone if you charge it for about half an hour.
The Honor 20S has most of the things that are expected from a mid-range phone – a decent processor, reliable battery, and a capable camera. However, the main problem with the phone is the lack of an AMOLED screen. At this price range, there are many phones which bring AMOLED screens to its arsenal. Hence, if you are not into the immersive cinematic experience but want the photography advantage of Huawei, then Honor 20S can be a great handset to go for.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- Thickness0.31 inches
- Height6.07 inches
- Weight172 g
- ColorBlack, Blue, White
- BuildFront/back glass, aluminum frame
- Width2.91 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.26 inches
- Pixel Density412 ppi
- Display Resolution1080 x 2340 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19.5:9
- Screen to Body Ratio84.20%
- CPUOcta-core (2x2.27 GHz Cortex-A76 6x1.88 GHz Cortex-A55)
- Chipset GPHiSilicon Kirin 810 (7 nm)
- GPUMali-G52 MP6
- OSAndroid 9.0 (Pie) Magic 2.1
- Expandable MemoryNo
- RAM/Internal Storage128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- Triple Camera48 MP, f/1.8, 28mm (wide), 1/2, 0.8 micron8 MP, f/2.4, 13mm (ultrawide)2 MP, f/2.4, 27mm (wide), dedicated macro camera
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera32 MP, f/2.0, 0.8 micron
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic32-bit/192kHz audio
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3750 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 20W
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USB2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Network SupportGSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2019, September
- StatusAvailable. Released 2019, October
- Best SHAREit Alternatives For File Sharing In India!Thu, 2 Jul'20Just a few days ago a notification was released saying that the Government of India has banned a total of 59 Chinese apps in India amidst rising border tensions between China and India, this move was also pushed ahead based on the privacy concerns on these Chinese apps that have allegedly stolen data from Indian users in the past. SHAREit is one such important app in the list of 59 apps that has a large user base, the app is mainly used to share files between users easily. Luckily, we have a lot of apps now that offer similar functionality that is relatively safer than SHAREit and is not banned in India.
- TikTok was one of the biggest and easiest short video sharing platforms and comes with its own set of editing features making it very easy for the content creators to quickly make and publish their content. In a surprising but well-supported move, the government of India has banned 59 apps from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store, TikTok is one of the important apps in the list and this has stirred up a lot of users. This has led to a lot of uncertainty among the community about which platform to shift to, given the ban on TikTok in India. Here are the best alternatives for TikTok that work well in India
- Document scanning applications have been an important part of the Google Play Store and Apple App Store for a while and help in simplifying the scanning tasks. CamScanner was one such important application in the App Stores that allowed a simple way of scanning documents, however, this app has been amidst many privacy issues. Added to the prior concerns, the Indian government has now decided to ban CamScanner and 58 other Chinese apps that might be unsafe for Indian users. In this article, we list out the best alternatives to the CamScanner app that are still available for download in India.
- OnePlus NORD pre-orders in India soonThu, 2 Jul'20OnePlus NORD is going to be the first model in the company’s newly created “affordable smartphone line”.
- Smartphone gaming has seen a steady rise in the past few years with new games only increasing the need for more powerful processors. We see very capable processors in smartphones these days, some of which are as powerful if not more than many basic laptop and desktop computers. These smartphones are a result of extreme research and development being done on the smartphone chipsets that have resulted in such increased performance.
- How To Change Alexa Language To Hindi!Tue, 30 Jun'20Alexa is a smart voice assistant from Amazon and supports a lot of commands. It also supports controlling of smart home appliances and other compatible products. Alexa can also give you updates on weather or even play a song from Amazon music for you using just a voice command. Alexa is available on Amazon Echo devices and uses advanced far-field technology to capture voices from far away. Alexa was available in English when it was launched and later grew to support many regional languages. Here’s how to change Alexa Language to Hindi if you want to give native commands.
- What Is Amazon Pay Later And How To Avail It!Mon, 29 Jun'20Amazon has been in the Indian market for a very long time now and had already introduced the Amazon Pay service in India back in September 2018. Amazon also operates a Credit Card in partnership with ICICI Bank under the name of Amazon Pay and offers flat 5% cashback on all Amazon purchases made using the card for prime members. Amazon Pay has been a wallet service allowing users to load gift cards as Amazon Pay balance and use it for future purchases on the Amazon India website. The Later suffix means exactly what it sounds and offers a post-paid service to the existing offering.
- How To Upload Music To YouTube Music Library!Sun, 28 Jun'20YouTube Music is one of the most capable streaming services right now with an enormous library of content ranging from official uploads, music videos, covers, and concert recordings. In an unlikely scenario that you don’t find the music that you are looking for, you can also upload it to YouTube’s music streaming library and then easily access it from any of your devices. This allows you to upload any particular song that is not available on the YouTube platform and make sure it is available on all the platforms for your convenience.
- How To Remove Duplicate Songs From YouTube Playlists!Sat, 27 Jun'20YouTube is perhaps the biggest video and audio streaming service in the world right now, the Google-owned video streaming service hosts billions of hours of content from millions of creators. YouTube is inarguably the largest library of songs and has a mix of official, unofficial, and personal content. While the service outperforms all the competitors in terms of quality, app design, and overall experience, the YouTube music feature still feels a little half-baked with no proper playlist support and unable to identify duplicate items in the playlist.
- YouTube is the biggest platform for content creators and has people uploading new videos in different niches every day. Tech is one such niche that is heavily crowded and has more content creators than perhaps any other niche. If you are looking for any tech-related content then it is very likely you will be bombarded by videos from multiple users and it might become a very difficult task to decide which one to watch and home to trust. Luckily, there are a few reliable and trust YouTube content creators in India and across that world who have been in this profession for a long time now and offer some reliable and trustworthy content that you can stand by.
- 7spec scoreOnePlus ZAdd to compare
- Google Pixel 4aAdd to compare
- Samsung Galaxy A31₹20,999Add to compare
- Nokia 5310₹3,399Add to compare
- Realme X3₹24,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreOPPO Find X2₹64,990Add to compare
- Tecno Spark Power 2₹9,999Add to compare
- Samsung Galaxy A21s₹16,498Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreSamsung Galaxy M01₹8,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreRealme X3 SuperZoom₹27,999Add to compare