Honor 6x is a perfect example of providing high-end features in an affordable handset. Priced at Rs. 9,999 – Honor 6x is an accomplished phone that is looking to make a mark in the budget flagship market.
Honor 6x makes sure that it covers all its bases adequately. It comes out in the market looking good and keeps the internals consistent with its premium build – strong processor, long-lasting battery and a great camera. It is a capable phone for any budget user wanting to dabble with the flagship features at a low price.
Coming at an affordable price, Honor 6x acts as a top-end marvel. It has a fantastic design that is going to draw eyeballs with its expensive appearance. Plus, it has a Huawei-guaranteed flagship camera set that is capable of producing quality images that would give similar flagships a run for their money.
Huawei comes with a premium design that can deceive you as a costly phone. While it does not score high points on being grippy, the satin finish, curved sides make it look rich. Plus, you get a vivid FullHD display which is impressive with an above-average brightness for excellent sunlight legibility.
Huawei keeps getting it right with their excellent cameras. Honor 6x comes with a dual camera-set, one for depth sensing which produces amazing bokeh effect. While low-light images may not be brilliant, adequate lights give you detailed pictures that beautiful and capture negligible visual noise.
Honor 6X also has its processor which might be a bit slower than similar Snapdragon chipsets, and it has fast-charging batteries that come with it. All in all, Honor 6x is a marvelous phone that is recommended for anyone looking for a high-end all-rounder at an affordable price.
Honor 6x is cementing itself as one of the best budget phones by bringing in top-end features at a great price, though low-light photography remains a struggle.
Honor 6X comes with a 5.5-inch display, with thick top and bottom bezels but slight side bezels, giving enough screen space to work with. It has adequate brightness level to be legible outdoors in the sun. Honor 6X got a brightness level of 444 nits which is better than the 440 nits registered by LeEco LE S3 but much lesser than Moto G4 Plus’ 530 nits. However, it is above the smartphone average of 431 nits.
The viewing angles are good and do not produce different tones when looked at the display from the corner. The full-HD (1920 x 1080) resolution makes sure that no visible jaggies around icons and texts could be seen. The colour reproduction is quite accurate.
Huawei Honor 6x has a metal chassis with a satin finish that is smooth and has a great feel in your hand. However, it makes the back a bit slippery to grip, and the curves on the side are kept smooth, making it even more difficult to hold on to. While it may not be handy, aesthetically, it looks premium. The fingerprint scanner is cushioned at the back and is quick at scanning your finger. It is lightweight too. While it is not the best design for grip, the body is crafted well and is a looker.
The Honor 6X has the Huawei-made processor Kirin 655. It is a mid-range octa-core processor with four Cortex-A53 CPU cores clocked at 2.1GHz for heavy tasks and the other four Cortex-A53 cores clocked at 1.7GHz for light applications. It is partnered with a Mali-T830 GPU. Against the equivalent Snapdragon 625, the Kirin records 20-25% slower points. Benchmark shows it can beat Honor 5X, getting past 5X’s score of 3,105 and getting 3,275. It was also able to beat its rival Moto G4 Plus which capped at 3,047. It could run games smoothly without any noticeable hiccups. Multitasking is easily handled as well. The phone does not heat up easily which is a great feat for any phone. However, there might be slight slowdowns with the manual settings of the camera app.
Honor 6X has a rear dual-camera setup. The primary 12MP camera is partnered with a 2MP camera used for depth sensing. The primary camera supports PDAF. The autofocus is fast and mostly accurate. Bokeh effects are quite sound, but you have to frame the subjects properly to get excellent bokeh. In adequate light situations, the captured images have accurate colours and good details. Close-ups produce sharp images.
In low-light, the focus speed drops though the camera does not get too sluggish. However, the objects appear grainy, and a bit of visual noise is captured.
The front 8MP camera on the Honor 6X captures sharp selfies in ample light and is better than LeEco Le S3, but low-light selfies struggle and produces grainy images.
The Honor 6X records videos that go up to 1080p. It has decent quality, but the framerates are not as steady as expected.
The phone comes with a juicy 3340 mAh battery. It can easily go more than a day on a single charge if it is not subjected to intensive use. An HD video loop battery test found it going to 11 hours and 54 minutes which is above average. It comes with fast charging – and can get to 50% in an hour.
As a budget phone, Honor 6X does get it right in all the aspects. It will attract you with its looks, but it doesn’t back down in any other areas either, offering excellent performance and a delightful fast-charging battery. The camera may not be a killer for low-light photography, but day-light photography is a beauty. However, if you are used to high-end phones, Honor 6X will be a disappointment. A good alternative is the Redmi Note 4, which packs an excellent battery for those who want more juice in their phone.
- Bluetooth4.1, A2DP, EDR, LE
- Thickness0.32 inches
- Height5.94 inches
- Weight162 g
- ColorGray, Gold, Silver
- BuildAluminum body
- Width3.00 inches
- Display TypeLTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.5 inches
- Pixel Density403 ppi
- Display Resolution1080 x 1920 pixels
- Screen to Body Ratio71.80%
- CPUOcta-core (4x2.1 GHz Cortex-A53 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Chipset GPHiSilicon Kirin 655 (16 nm)
- OSAndroid 6.0 (Marshmallow), upgradable to 7.0 (Nougat) EMUI 5
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage64 GB, 4 GB RAM or 32 GB, 3 GB RAM
- Dual Camera12 MP, 1/2.9, 1.25 micron2 MP, depth sensor
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera8 MP
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesDTS soundActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Talk TimeUp to 23 h (3G)
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3340 mAh
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USBmicroUSB 2.0
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMHybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Announced On2016, October
- StatusAvailable. Released 2016, October
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Honor 6X
- The Best Ways To Sell Your Old iPhone In 2020!Thu, 6 Aug'20The one thing about technology is that with each passing year, there certainly is an upgrade making the new better in terms of experience, endurance, and more. If you have an iPhone that you have been using for a few years and wish to upgrade now, you might want to sell off the old device and get whatever money you can for it. There are multiple places where you can sell or recycle your smartphone in exchange for cash or vouchers thereby making it easier for you to buy your new dream smartphone.
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
- How To Filter Netflix Kids Shows By Title And Age!Tue, 28 Jul'20If you are sharing your Netflix account with your kids, you might want to consider filter out the content that they are allowed to watch. Netflix has a lot of amazing shows, however, a lot of them have an 18+ rating and even more of them that require parental supervision. The popular streaming service now allows users to filter out kid's shows by title and the audience age group. Users can also secure their Netflix profile with a simple but effective four-digit pin to prevent children from accessing adult profiles.
- Apple recently had its completely online WWDC Event in which they revealed their iOS 14 operating system for iPhones. This new software release soon made its way out as a developer beta and allowed users to try out the latest features added in this year’s release. iOS 14 comes with a new picture in picture mode that allows you to minimize a video in the form of a small floating thumbnail and use them alongside a full-screen application. While this feature was already present on Android devices for a few years now, here’s how iOS 14 does it better.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra₹104,999Add to compare
- Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime₹9,999Add to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9AAdd to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO A12₹9,990Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare