The Mate 10 Pro is Huawei’s first real stab at a premium smartphone offering. Priced at Rs. 59,990, the phone is clearly marketed towards more discerning consumers willing to spend a good dime for a phone which is packed with flagship-grade specs and all the other bells and whistles expected from offerings by Samsung, HTC, LG, and Google.
At first glance, the Mate 10 Pro definitely at least feels at par with the competition it is going up against. It ticks most of the boxes in terms of the design and build quality expected from a flagship in 2017, sporting a slim industrial design with precision buttons, metal rails, and a glass back. It also has all the other staple premium necessities covered: a 6-inch AMOLED display flanked by low profile bezels, fingerprint reader, dual cameras, and IP67-rated water resistance.
However, in stepping up to the premium category, Huawei has also adopted some of the more controversial flagship trends with the Mate 10 which might risk turning off their usually more value-oriented customers. This includes the lack of any expandable storage and more importantly the painfully absent headphone jack which is becoming increasingly common in the segment.
The Huawei Mate 10 Pro comes in three variants: Midnight Blue, Titanium Grey, and Mocha Brown.
The Mate 10 Pro is a strange sell. While on paper it possesses all the essentials expected from a 2017 flagship, it clearly lacks the pedigree of similarly priced offerings, such as the Galaxy S9, LG V30, and Google’s Pixel line of phones have. On the hardware front, its fast octa-core processor, paired up with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of onboard storage can go toe-to-toe with its competitors, but the same necessarily cannot be said about the phone’s software experience which is clearly a more sophomore effort, and risks disappointing consumers already used to much more refined offerings in the segment.
If you are someone who prefers a closer to stock Android experience, you might want to steer clear of Huawei’s heavily modified EMUI skin. Similarly, the Leica branded dual camera setup is a key value proposition of the phone, but the image processing under-the-hood still lacks the refinement provided by more established players.
On the other hand, the vibrant 1080×2160, 402 PPI panel produces sharp images, deep blacks, and clearly manages to hold its own versus the competition, while its humongous 4000 mAH battery easily provides day-long usage even for the demanding users and might very well prove to be its greatest USP in a flagship market where big, beefy batteries aren’t as common as they used to be and as such might allow it to carve its niche in a competitive segment.
- Bluetooth4.2, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- Thickness0.31 inches
- Height6.07 inches
- Weight178 g
- ColorMidnight Blue, Titanium Gray, Mocha Brown, Pink Gold
- BuildFront/back glass, aluminum frame
- Width2.93 inches
- Display TypeOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.0 inches
- Pixel Density402 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass (unspecified version)
- Display Resolution1080 x 2160 pixels
- Screen to Body Ratio80.90%
- CPUOcta-core (4x2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Chipset GPHiSilicon Kirin 970 (10 nm)
- GPUMali-G72 MP12
- OSAndroid 8.0 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie) EMUI 8
- Expandable MemoryNo
- RAM/Internal Storage128 GB, 6 GB RAM or 64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Dual Camera12 MP, f/1.6, 27mm (wide), 1/2.9, 1.25 micron20 MP B/W, f/1.6, 27mm (wide), 2x lossless zoom
- Back Camera FeaturesLeica optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
- AutofocusPDAF laser AF
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p30/60fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera8 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/3.2, 1.4 micron, AF
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio Features32-bit/384kHz audioActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity4000 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 22.5W (58% in 30 min)
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USB3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector USB Host
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMSingle SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass
- Water ResistantIP67 dust/water resistant (up to 1m for 30 mins)
- Announced On2017, October
- StatusAvailable. Released 2017, November
- Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!Sun, 20 Sep'20We all have grown up playing racing games all our life and these games are still very popular which is why these racing games are evergreen and everyone loves them. With smartphones becoming more and more powerful in recent times with highly powerful processors and GPUs, gaming on smartphones is much more fun than ever. And racing games being favorite of all here we list out the Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!
- Best Emulators For Playing Console Games On Android!Sat, 19 Sep'20The classic console games were a lot of fun back then and we enjoyed playing these on our consoles a lot. These games included Super Mario, Contra, Pokemon, Pac-MAN etc. Fortunately we have some emulators on Android that ca run these same classic console games on our Android smartphone, and here are the Best Emulators For Playing Console Games on Android!
- How To Watch IPL 2020 For Free On Your Mobile Phone?Tue, 15 Sep'20Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Top 5 Flagship Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowMon, 14 Sep'20When most people are buying a new smartphone, they consider a lot of factors to ensure that they make the right purchase decision for themselves, the price segment is an important aspect for purchase for the vast majority of the users. However, if you are not one among them and want the absolute best smartphone experience that money can buy, then we have compiled a list of the top 5 flagship smartphones that offer the most premium experience at a price.
- Top 5 Smart Watches You Can Buy In India Right Now!Thu, 10 Sep'20Smart Watches is a segment of the technology and wearable space that has seen a massive rise in the past few years, we’ve seen multiple iterations of the original Apple Watch over the years and also several Android Wear watches that have good integration with the Android smartphones. Samsung, Huami, Fitbit, and other brands have also launched multiple smartwatches that run on Tizen and other proprietary operating systems with good integration with both Android and iOS.
- 10 Best Apps To Learn Cooking On Android!Fri, 4 Sep'20Though there are hundreds of cooking apps to choose from, these cooking apps are top-rated and highly recommended owing to their unique features and also ease of use. All these apps have made everything handy, easy to follow, and quick. These apps also try to make the cooking experience more creative and enjoyable. Cooking apps are truly helpful not only for beginners but also for regular cooks. From breakfast to dinner, you can count on their recipes as they all provide irresistible recipes. You just need to get into the kitchen and follow them without any ifs or buts. They will surely lend a helping hand in the kitchen through their recipes.
- 10 Best Mobile Games That You Must Play In 2020!Fri, 4 Sep'20While everyone is staying home being safe, mobile gaming is something that has kept us entertained during this pandemic. Here we have listed out some of the best mobile games that you must not miss and should definitely try it out. All these games are free to download and are available on both Android and iOS app stores.
- Top 10 Best Gaming Phones In India – 2020 Edition!Thu, 3 Sep'20Gaming smartphones is a new segment that has recently developed into a massive interest for many, we have even started seeing several new devices come with budget gaming focussed processors such as the Snapdragon 765G by Qualcomm. However, if you are looking for the ultimate gaming smartphone then there’s more to consider than just the SoC on the smartphone, factors like the display, audio, and the overall software experience add up to offer the smoothest gaming experience. Here are the top 10 gaming smartphones to buy in 2020.
- Phone batteries may appear small in size, but they hold a lot of toxic chemicals that are hazardous to the environment and health. They can harm the soil in which they are buried and can even pollute the air. Disposing of them in the correct ways is a necessity, and here we discuss the best way to dispose of your smartphone’s battery, the Right way.
- The mid-range segment of smartphones was very limited until recent times and was mostly filled with offerings form Chinese manufacturers and other small companies. Until recent times there was no real competitor in the mid-range segment that was worth our suggestion, however, this has taken a massive turn in recent years with Google releasing a cheaper version of their Pixel flagship smartphone and Apple releasing a similar offering at a budget price. In the year 2020, we now have at least 3 major competitors – the Google Pixel 4a, iPhone SE, and the OnePlus Nord. Here’s how they compete against each other.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.5spec scoreLG V40 ThinQ₹39,999Add to compare
- 7.1spec scoreLG G8 ThinqAdd to compare
- 7.9spec scoreXiaomi Mi Mix 2₹18,000Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreXiaomi Redmi Note 5₹7,698Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreLG V50 Thinq 5GAdd to compare
- 8spec scoreXiaomi Mi Mix 2SAdd to compare
- 7.2spec scoreLG Q Stylus₹15,899Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 6 pro₹11,999Add to compare
- POCO X3Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme 7₹14,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreTecno Spark Go 2020₹6,499Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y20i₹11,490Add to compare
- 7.6spec scorePOCO M2₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreInfinix Note 7₹11,499Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 5.3₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Z Fold2₹149,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 9i₹8,299Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO F17₹17,990Add to compare