- SIM Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Expandable Memory NM (Nano Memory), up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot)
Huawei Mate XS
You May Also Explore
Most Compared Phones
- Apple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999VSApple iPhone 6S₹22,490Know More
- LG V35 ThinqVSApple iPhone 6S₹22,490Know More
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro₹14,499VSRealme 3 Pro₹12,330Know More
- Samsung Galaxy S10e₹46,299VSOnePlus 6T₹30,990Know More
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7₹9,990VSOPPO K1₹13,990Know More
- LG G7 Plus ThinQ₹18,999VSApple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999Know More
- OPPO F9₹13,999VSOnePlus 6₹34,999Know More
- Apple iPhone XR₹52,500VSApple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999Know More
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8₹47,900VSGoogle Pixel 2₹21,697Know More
- OnePlus 6T₹30,990VSApple iPhone XR₹52,500Know More
- OPPO A5s₹8,990VSApple iPhone XR₹52,500Know More
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5GVSOnePlus 7 Pro₹42,990Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSRealme 5 Pro₹13,999Know More
- Tecno Spark Power 2₹9,999VSMotorola One Fusion Plus₹16,999Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSApple iPhone 11 Pro Max₹117,100Know More
- Samsung Galaxy A31₹20,999VSSamsung Galaxy A71₹31,500Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSSamsung Galaxy S10 5GKnow More
- Samsung Galaxy M20₹11,499VSSamsung Galaxy M11₹11,833Know More
- Motorola One Action₹9,999VSMotorola Moto G8 Power Lite₹8,999Know More
Memory & Storage
The humongous foldable display of Huawei Mate XS paired along with a powerful Kirin 990 5G chipset and a professional-grade camera makes it a desired innovative yet expensive device to go for.
- Powerful Kirin 990 processor
- Large & foldable panel
- 5G Support
- The blazing-fast charging speed at 55W
- It is expensive
- Limited to 4K@30fps
- The display is made up of plastic
- Pretty heavy
- The multi-screen aspects of the software aren’t that polished
Huawei managed to bring a few big guns to Mate XS as it was the second foldable phone after Mate X that had faced several delays last year. The Huawei Mate XS features a large AMOLED display and it is paired along with an action-packed Kirin 990 5G chipset bringing both foldable and 5G capabilities together. The device arrives with a triple camera setup and a large battery under the hood powered with a 55W SuperCharge that enables users to simply plug in the foldable phone for a bit and bingo, it’s charged.
Huawei Mate XS Price in India
Huawei Mate XS made its launch early this year in February 2020 at a price tag of whopping $2999.99 or 3012.00 Pounds. The device is available at the cheapest on Amazon.com while the expensive iteration is available on AliExpress at a whopping $3,549.59. Talking about its launch in India, the device is expected to debut on June 30 although the official date may be different. Huawei Mate XS price in India will be approximately Rs 195,290/- although take it with a pinch of salt.
Huawei Mate XS measures 11mm in thickness when folded and just 5.4mm when foldable. The device is made up of an engineered display made up of plastic that enables folding and unfolding. When unfolded, Mate XS features one of the vibrant and large displays you would find today. It can be unfoldable and yet you can use a hefty 6.6” display which is quite impressive. All the cameras and other sensors are placed on the left edge of the back panel that acts as a front and rear camera setup. It is the only part that is thick at 11mm when the phone is unfolded. The folding mechanism is impressive although you might face issues with the gaps in the hinges after a few weeks or months.
Huawei Mate XS is a bit different when it comes to the display. It is not an ordinary phone but a foldable phone with a foldable display. Talking about it, you get an 8.0” Foldable OLED panel with a resolution of 2200 x 2480 pixels and a 414 PPI density. It has an 86.9% screen-to-body ratio. When foldable, the cover display is still a humongous 6.6” AMOLED panel with 1148*2480 pixels resolution and an aspect ratio of 19.5:9.
Huawei Mate XS sports a flagship Kirin 990 5G chipset that is made on 7nm+ manufacturing node. Individually, it has eight cores including two high-performance 2.86GHz Cortex-A76 cores, two 2.36GHz Cortex-A76 cores, and four 1.95GHz cores. Furthermore, it has a Mali-G76 MP16 GPU on-board along with 8GB of RAM and 512GB of UFS 2.1 storage that can be expanded to 256GB using a Nano Memory card.
Huawei Mate XS runs on the latest Android 10-based EMUI 10 but without Google Play Services. The user interface is still pretty good and you are gonna like it, though with the Huawei AppGallery.
Huawei Mate XS brings a quad-camera setup at the back panel when closed and uses the primary sensor to click selfies as well. The camera setup includes a 40MP primary shooter with PDAF, f/1.8 aperture, 1/1.7” sensor size, the secondary sensor with an 8MP telephoto lens that comes with OIS, PDAF, 5x hybrid and 3x optical zoom, and f/2.4 aperture with OIS. The tertiary sensor includes a 16MP ultrawide sensor with AF and an aperture of f/2.2 and finally, a 3D ToF depth sensor. The whole setup is attuned to capture videos up to 4K resolution although limited to 30fps.
Talking about the battery mounted on Huawei Mate XS, there’s a 4,500 mAh Li-Po battery on-board that should give you a battery backup of a day even on heavy usage. It comes along with Huawei SuperCharge with 55W speed which is advertised to charge the battery to 85% in 30 minutes.
If you are deciding whether to go buy Huawei Mate XS or not, as any other smartphone in the world, this one too has a bunch of pros and cons. Some apps might behave abnormally since there’s no Google Mobile Services on-board. Plus, the battery isn’t that top-notched when it comes to battery life even if it is a huge one under the hood. On the other hand, the Kirin 990 5G is a flagship processor you would find on Huawei Mate 30 Pro and the charging speed is super quick as well. The discouraging factor here could be its price as Mate XS is truly expensive.