Released in March, 2018, Lava Z91 is now available at a starting price of Rs. 7,999 as of July, 2019. The phone has all the basic smartphone features and fails to stand out in the competitive market. It has an average camera, display, and battery performance. With all average specifications, Lava Z91 could not gain enough popularity.
- Face recognition
- Fingerprint sensor
- Average configuration
- Dual Sim
- Decent storage
- Supports FM Radio
- Proximity sensor
- Poor battery life with heavy usage
- Below average camera
- Backdated Android Version
- Updates not available
- Fast charging feature not available
With all its features being rather average, and a poor battery life, no aspect of this model stands out. Lava Z91 has a decent screen display and a sleek look.
Lava Z91 has a touchscreen display type of IPS LCD with a 5.7 inches screen. The screen resolution is of 720 x 1440 pixels, and the phone weighs 147 grams. The capacitive touchscreen with 16M colours, has a 18:9 aspect ratio with 282 PPI density. This model’s display screen has a screen to body ratio of 75.7%. The full view display screen is bright and vivid, and good for watching videos.
The model has a smooth glass finish on its backside and is available in a dark shade of blue. The phone looks quite stylish and is thin and sleek. It is available with a 5.7 inch display and only available in one colour. There is a rear mounted fingerprint sensor and the phone has the face recognition feature as well.
The phone runs on the Android 7.1 Nougat operating system and is not undateable to the recent Android 9.0 Pie. This model has a quad core 1.3 Ghz Cortex A53 Mediatek MTK6739 processor. Lava Z91 is available with 3GB RAM and 32 GB internal storage, which is expandable up to 128 GB through a dedicated micro SD slot. For normal to medium usage, the phone should run without hitches and much lagging. However, with multiple background apps running, users have claimed that the phone slows down significantly. Multitasking and switching between apps also slows down with heavy usage. For regular, light usage, the phone gives a pretty good performance.
The phone has a rather average single rear camera of 13 MP, with f/2.0 aperture and 1.12mm pixel size. Videos can be recorded at 1080p at 30 FPS. The front camera is of 8 MP with f/2.2 aperture and has an LED flash. The LED flash helps take pictures in the dark, but the images are not at all sharp and rather dull. The camera feature of this phone is pretty basic and fails to stand out. In the same price range a variety of other smartphone models are available with better cameras.
This smartphone model has a non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery. The phone’s battery is supposed to last throughout the day if the usage is normal to medium. User reviews claim that with heavy usage, the battery performance deteriorates, and they have to charge their phone multiple times in a day. The phone can be charged with a micro USB wire. This smartphone does not support fast charging, taking the phone another notch down in popularity considering how fast its battery drains with heavy usage. With wifi or data on, and continuous web usage, the phone’s battery dies in a couple of hours.
This model is complacent in it’s very average features. Even in its price range, there are phones will a better camera and pixel resolution, better display screen, and a way better battery performance. The phone’s configuration is pretty average and the phone will lag with heavy usage. User reviews complain of the model not being able to support various applications and the frequency of the phone freezing and battery draining out. The phone is not too high on features, but has a decent enough look, is sleek and comfortable to use for long hours if its battery supports so. If looking at a phone in this price range, better options are available on the market.
- Bluetooth4.0, A2DP
- Thickness0.30 inches
- Height5.98 inches
- Weight147 g
- Width2.87 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.7 inches
- Pixel Density282 ppi
- Display Resolution720 x 1440 pixels
- Aspect Ratio18:09
- Screen to Body Ratio75.70%
- CPUQuad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset GPMediatek MT6739 (28 nm)
- GPUPowerVR GE8100
- OSAndroid 7.1 (Nougat)
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 128 GB (dedicated slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage32 GB, 3 GB RAM
- Single Camera13 MP, f/2.0, 1.12 micron
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera8 MP, f/2.2
- Front Camera FeaturesLED flash
- HeadPhone JackYes
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3000 mAh
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Announced On2018, March
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, March
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Lava Z91
Get the best price for Lava Z91
- iPhones have been around for many years now and have eventually acquired a massive share in the market over the years, this has also helped the brand gain a lot of trust and loyalty from its repeat customers. If you are reading this article, the chances are that you might also be having an iPhone right now, however, iPhones tend to heat at times because of a bad software patch or the processor working way more than the required amount. The average operating temperature of an iPhone is significantly lower than some of the other phones due to safety concerns.
- Top 5 iOS Style Launchers For Android!Sun, 9 Aug'20While most users own an Android smartphone it is very likely they wish to get the experience of an iPhone. If you are one of those who like iPhone over Android but cannot afford one, you can use one of the below iPhone launchers to make your Android phone look like iPhone. Android comes with a lot of customization options in the UI using launchers and more, some of these launchers can bring an iPhone style interface to your Android phone at ease. The iPhone launchers give Android a very similar look by adding a similar wallpaper, replacing icons, and more.
- The Best Ways To Sell Your Old iPhone In 2020!Thu, 6 Aug'20The one thing about technology is that with each passing year, there certainly is an upgrade making the new better in terms of experience, endurance, and more. If you have an iPhone that you have been using for a few years and wish to upgrade now, you might want to sell off the old device and get whatever money you can for it. There are multiple places where you can sell or recycle your smartphone in exchange for cash or vouchers thereby making it easier for you to buy your new dream smartphone.
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9A₹9,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra₹104,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Note 20₹77,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 9 Prime₹9,999Add to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare