Lenovo S5 Pro/lenovo-s5-pro
Lenovo S5 Pro addresses the issues of S5 and comes with high performance and design, but the ‘idol selfie’ feature can capture hearts.
Lenovo S5 Pro proves that it is a better model from the S5 with its robust design and power-packed internals. Coming at a price of Rs. 13,790, it is a beautiful value-for-money handset.
Lenovo S5 Pro is a high mid-range phone, and it is value-for-money. It arrives with an exceptionally well-integrated AI camera which does not falter because of the powerful battery. The Lenovo S5 Pro can be deemed as an all-rounder. It is a capable phone recommended for any person looking for all-around performance.
Lenovo S5 Pro comes with many advantages over the Lenovo S5. It has 4 cameras, but all of them are AI-integrated delivering beautiful shots, even in low-light. Plus, it has a solid build backing up a brilliant display that promises an immersive experience.
Lenovo S5 Pro has an impressive 4-camera set whose main feature is the accurate AI integration. Due to the presence of AI, the cameras can produce fantastic picture quality, even in low-light and correctly detect scenes to auto-select the suitable mode. The selfie camera comes with different AI modes to get you an ‘idol selfie’ – a selling point for S5 Pro.
The phone comes with a beautiful display which reproduces colours quite accurately. The viewing angles are quite great, and the brightness is high enough to provide sunlight legibility. This display is fitted with a solid metal design, making it a manageable and fantastic set.
It is a sturdy phone which is partnered with above-average internals. It arrives with excellent performance and a satisfying battery to power up the phone and makes sure that the user gets what they paid for.
Lenovo S5 Pro addresses the issues of S5 and comes with high performance and design, but the ‘idol selfie’ feature can capture hearts.
Lenovo S5 Pro has a 6.2-inch screen with a resolution of 2246×1080 and a maximum brightness of 600 nits. The brightness is quite high and would not pose many problems if you go outside with this phone; however, harsh sunlight may cause a few visibility issues. It has the controversial notch which can be either a style statement or an annoyance depending taste of the user. However, the body-to-screen ratio is quite good with enough screen space to work with. It has a 113% SRGB colour gamut. Thus, it can produce vivid colours and clear pictures without a problem. The viewing angles are great as well, without any dulling of colours when the phone is tilted.
Lenovo S5 Pro comes with a metal build. It is heavier than Lenovo S5 at 170 grams but a bit thinner than its flagship rivals at 7.7mm. The surface uses the fine 205 zircon sand which gives it a delicate touch but also assures durability. The design looks similar to the iPhone X models, but the lower frame is more prominent in this model. It does attract fingerprint smudges on its back, and if it does, the phone design is constructed in a way that it can easily be wiped off. The phone does not dig into the palms due to its rounded edges and is quite comfortable to hold. Plus, it is not quite as slippery and looks sturdy due to the metal frame. The fingerprint scanner is at the back-centre of the phone and is easy to reach.
Lenovo S5 Pro has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor which is coupled with 6GB of RAM. It registered 112851 points in benchmarks which is the average level that 636 chipsets registers. As a mid-tier processor, it works well and does not have a problem while multitasking. However, it can start to lag if multiple tabs are opened on Google Chrome. Light games can run smoothly on this phone, but heavy games will have noticeable frame drops. On the other hands, the phone runs quite smoothly when ordinary apps are running on it. Hence, the phone performs well if it is not pushed.
Lenovo S5 Pro has four cameras. There are a 20MP and 12MP rear camera set with AI integration. It is a rare set which comes with Sony’s 2x optical zoom at this affordable price range. As per photography is concerned, the camera can produce neat photos. The 20MP camera has ‘AI super-quality zoom’ which can give more clear pictures even when zoomed in. It also has a 9-level depth of field real-time adjustment which can help to shoot quality images with the featured ‘Portrait AI super picture quality’. The details are increased by 1000%. Even the AI scene detection works accurately and can produce brilliant pictures. The colours appear vivid, and the captured details are quite accurate.
Even in low-light, the cameras perform well, due to the presence of the AI that sets the scene mode quite accurately and lights up the image.
On the front, there is a pair of cameras – 20MP and 8MP which produces neat bokeh selfies. It has a wonderful beauty mode which removes wrinkles, problems with the angles of light and in the process, presents a great selfie. The bokeh is also quite accurate and does not blur the face. It also supports features like 3D natural beauty makeup, 3D appearance repair, and 3D beauty all of which makes the selfie look more relaxed and achieve an ‘idol selfie’ which does not look quite aggressive as most phones make it.
Lenovo S5 Pro has a massive 3500mAh which come with 18W fast charging support. The battery is a bit large, and so it adds to the weight of the phone, but that is all right since you get a reliable juice-pack. It promises to deliver a whole-day of run time and fast charge to get it back into adequate power within an hour.
Lenovo S5 Pro has come as a ‘camera phone’, and it delivers on it. The idol selfie is the selling point and would make any youngster fall in love with the phone. It also arrives with good internals – a great processor, fast-charging battery and a spectacular design. It is a decent phone which is much better than the average Lenovo S5. It can be easily considered as a phone worth buying for any youngster or a person who wants to click their perfect selfies. Realme 2 Pro, its flagship rival, has a fantastic design, and comes with the water-drop notch, against the chunky notch of Lenovo S5, but has cut down on quality cameras to provide a slightly better processor. It is worth considering if you are going for performance and premium display.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.30 inches
- Height6.08 inches
- Weight170 g
- ColorBlack, Gold, Blue
- Width2.97 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.2 inches
- Pixel Density402 ppi
- Display Resolution1080 x 2246 pixels
- Aspect Ratio18.7:9
- Screen to Body Ratio0.83
- CPUOcta-core 1.8 GHz Kryo 260
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 (14 nm)
- GPUAdreno 509
- OSAndroid 8.1 (Oreo) ZUI 5
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage64/128 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Dual Camera12 MP, f/1.8, 1/2.9, 1.25 micron20 MP, f/2.6, 2x optical zoom
- Back Camera FeaturesDual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p30fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR
- Dual Camera20 MP, f/2.2, 1/2.8, 1.0 micron8 MP
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3500 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 2A/9V 18W
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USB2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS
- SIMHybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsInfrared face recognition, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Announced On2018, October
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, October
- Best Emulators For Playing Console Games On Android!Sat, 19 Sep'20The classic console games were a lot of fun back then and we enjoyed playing these on our consoles a lot. These games included Super Mario, Contra, Pokemon, Pac-MAN etc. Fortunately we have some emulators on Android that ca run these same classic console games on our Android smartphone, and here are the Best Emulators For Playing Console Games on Android!
- How To Watch IPL 2020 For Free On Your Mobile Phone?Tue, 15 Sep'20Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Top 5 Flagship Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowMon, 14 Sep'20When most people are buying a new smartphone, they consider a lot of factors to ensure that they make the right purchase decision for themselves, the price segment is an important aspect for purchase for the vast majority of the users. However, if you are not one among them and want the absolute best smartphone experience that money can buy, then we have compiled a list of the top 5 flagship smartphones that offer the most premium experience at a price.
- Top 5 Smart Watches You Can Buy In India Right Now!Thu, 10 Sep'20Smart Watches is a segment of the technology and wearable space that has seen a massive rise in the past few years, we’ve seen multiple iterations of the original Apple Watch over the years and also several Android Wear watches that have good integration with the Android smartphones. Samsung, Huami, Fitbit, and other brands have also launched multiple smartwatches that run on Tizen and other proprietary operating systems with good integration with both Android and iOS.
- 10 Best Apps To Learn Cooking On Android!Fri, 4 Sep'20Though there are hundreds of cooking apps to choose from, these cooking apps are top-rated and highly recommended owing to their unique features and also ease of use. All these apps have made everything handy, easy to follow, and quick. These apps also try to make the cooking experience more creative and enjoyable. Cooking apps are truly helpful not only for beginners but also for regular cooks. From breakfast to dinner, you can count on their recipes as they all provide irresistible recipes. You just need to get into the kitchen and follow them without any ifs or buts. They will surely lend a helping hand in the kitchen through their recipes.
- 10 Best Mobile Games That You Must Play In 2020!Fri, 4 Sep'20While everyone is staying home being safe, mobile gaming is something that has kept us entertained during this pandemic. Here we have listed out some of the best mobile games that you must not miss and should definitely try it out. All these games are free to download and are available on both Android and iOS app stores.
- Top 10 Best Gaming Phones In India – 2020 Edition!Thu, 3 Sep'20Gaming smartphones is a new segment that has recently developed into a massive interest for many, we have even started seeing several new devices come with budget gaming focussed processors such as the Snapdragon 765G by Qualcomm. However, if you are looking for the ultimate gaming smartphone then there’s more to consider than just the SoC on the smartphone, factors like the display, audio, and the overall software experience add up to offer the smoothest gaming experience. Here are the top 10 gaming smartphones to buy in 2020.
- Phone batteries may appear small in size, but they hold a lot of toxic chemicals that are hazardous to the environment and health. They can harm the soil in which they are buried and can even pollute the air. Disposing of them in the correct ways is a necessity, and here we discuss the best way to dispose of your smartphone’s battery, the Right way.
- The mid-range segment of smartphones was very limited until recent times and was mostly filled with offerings form Chinese manufacturers and other small companies. Until recent times there was no real competitor in the mid-range segment that was worth our suggestion, however, this has taken a massive turn in recent years with Google releasing a cheaper version of their Pixel flagship smartphone and Apple releasing a similar offering at a budget price. In the year 2020, we now have at least 3 major competitors – the Google Pixel 4a, iPhone SE, and the OnePlus Nord. Here’s how they compete against each other.
- Top 10 Non-Chinese Smartphones Of All Time!Fri, 28 Aug'20Several new smartphones are released in India every month, and a lot of them are made in China. This involves products such as Xiaomi, Oppo, Realme, Vivo, and OnePlus devices. There has been a lot of discussion in the past few months regarding the anti-china campaign in India with consumers trying to limit the usage of Chinese products. A number of people are switching in the wake of this shift to smartphones with less dependence on China, if you are one of them then this list is for you. We've compiled a collection of some of the strongest smartphones of all time that are not made in China.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.2spec scoreHuawei Y9 2019₹12,999Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreXiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro₹9,449Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreXiaomi Black SharkAdd to compare
- 7.8spec scoreXiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro₹9,650Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreXiaomi Mi A2₹9,999Add to compare
- 7.1spec scoreLenovo S5 Pro GtAdd to compare
- 7.1spec scoreLenovo K5 ProAdd to compare
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Mi 8 LiteAdd to compare
- 7.2spec scoreHuawei Nova 3i₹20,990Add to compare
- 7.3spec scoreHuawei Nova 3Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme 7₹14,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreTecno Spark Go 2020₹6,499Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y20i₹11,490Add to compare
- 7.6spec scorePOCO M2₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 5.3₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreInfinix Note 7₹11,499Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO F17₹17,990Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Z Fold2₹149,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 9i₹8,299Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreSamsung Galaxy M51₹24,999Add to compare