Released in August, 2018, LG Candy starts at a price of Rs. 6,999. It is a dual sim phone which is available in four colours of black, gold, blue and silver. The phone has below average features for a smartphone in this price range. This LG model is primarily aimed at first time smartphone users.
- FM Radio
- Fingerprint sensor
- Above average battery performance
- Dual sim
- Phone’s display could have been better
- Below average processor
- Low storage
- Poor camera resolution
- Camera only has basic features
This LG phone is made for basic smartphone usage and has minimum features. It fails to impress the budget smartphone market with its below average configuration.
LG Candy has an IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display of 5 inches with a pixel resolution of 720 x 1280. The screen has an aspect ratio of 16:9 with a PPI density of 294 with 16 M colours and a screen to body ratio of 64.4%. For its price, the screen size is quite average. According to user reviews, the phone screen is vibrant and legible indoors but under bright light or sunlight, the contents of the screen is rather difficult to read. This LG model has average display features for this price range.
This LG phone has dimensions of 5.76 x 2.88 x 0.32 inches with a weight of 152 grams. It has a plastic body and has two side slots for dual sims. It has all average features and is aimed at first time smartphone users or users who need basic smartphone features. The phone fails to impress in this price range.
The phone runs on a quad core 1.3 GHz Cortex A53 processor and has an outdated version of Android 7. 1.2 Nougat which is not upgradeable. The phone has a 2 GB RAM with an internal storage of 16 GB which is expandable up to 32 GB through a micro SD card. This model has a below average processor, and low storage capacity. But for first time smartphone users, these specifications are good enough. For normal usage with the basic smartphone necessities, the phone’s performance is decent. But if you are looking for a phone where you can run heavy apps and play games for long hours, this is not the model you should be looking at. While running heavy apps or switching between apps often, the phone will be prone to freezing and lagging.
This model has an 8 MP rear camera with an LED flash and autofocus. It can record videos at 1080p at 30fps. The front camera is of 5 MP and does not have an LED flash. The image resolution of this camera is 3264 x 2448 pixels, while the video resolution is 1280 x 720 pixels.The camera is below average in this price range. This model’s camera has a fun feature called Flash Jump Shot in which the camera can capture one picture every 3 seconds up to a limit of 20 pictures and make them into a GIF. The camera also has a Boomerang feature which can be used by both the rear and front cameras. As an entry level smartphone, it has a basic camera and features. But in the smartphone market, phones in this price range have way better camera features.
The phone has a removable Li-ion 2500 mAh battery which can be charged with a micro USB 2.0. The phone does not support quick charging. The battery performance of the phone is above average. Its battery can last for an entire day if you are a basic user with a normal amount of usage. But, if you are a moderate to heavy user, the phone might have to be charged after 8 hours of continuous usage.
For a smartphone in the budget range, the phone has rather poor features. Other than an above average battery performance, it has a below average camera, processor and display. This phone is decent for first time users and for users with minimum to basic usage of a smartphone. This model is not equipped to handle heavy usage and gaming. If you want a phone with better features and processor within this price range, there are plenty of other options you can look at.
- Bluetooth4.2, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.32 inches
- Height5.76 inches
- Weight152 g
- ColorBlack, Gold, Blue, Silver
- BuildPlastic body
- Width2.88 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.0 inches
- Display Resolution720 x 1280 pixels
- Aspect Ratio16:09
- Pixel Density294 ppi
- Screen to Body Ratio0.644
- CPUQuad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53
- OSAndroid 7.1.2 (Nougat)
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 32 GB
- RAM/Internal Storage16 GB, 2 GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR
- Single Camera8 MP
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera5 MP
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Battery Capacity2500 mAh
- User ReplaceableRemovable
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USBmicroUSB 2.0
- RadioFM radio
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Announced On2018, August
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, September
Price / Buy
Get the best price for LG Candy
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
- How To Filter Netflix Kids Shows By Title And Age!Tue, 28 Jul'20If you are sharing your Netflix account with your kids, you might want to consider filter out the content that they are allowed to watch. Netflix has a lot of amazing shows, however, a lot of them have an 18+ rating and even more of them that require parental supervision. The popular streaming service now allows users to filter out kid's shows by title and the audience age group. Users can also secure their Netflix profile with a simple but effective four-digit pin to prevent children from accessing adult profiles.
- Apple recently had its completely online WWDC Event in which they revealed their iOS 14 operating system for iPhones. This new software release soon made its way out as a developer beta and allowed users to try out the latest features added in this year’s release. iOS 14 comes with a new picture in picture mode that allows you to minimize a video in the form of a small floating thumbnail and use them alongside a full-screen application. While this feature was already present on Android devices for a few years now, here’s how iOS 14 does it better.
- If you use your iPhone for a lot of intense and heavy data, then it is very easy to rack up the iCloud storage and run out of the free limit. It is highly recommended to have all your data backed up to the cloud to ensure that you do not lose any data at any point. If you are getting an error form iCloud saying you do not have enough iCloud storage left, there still is a way to go ahead and backup your iPhone to the iCloud. No matter how careful you are with your iPhone, at some point you might end up damaging it or losing it, it is times like these when the iCloud backup comes in very handy.
- How To Record Calls On iPhone!Thu, 23 Jul'20Sometimes it is extremely important to record calls so that we can listen to them at a future time, recording a call allows users to hold a proof for what was said on the call, while recording isn’t a feature most people would need and it isn’t even necessarily legal in all places, this feature can come very handy while talking something important. Recording a call can come very handy when you are talking to a customer service executive and you need to hold proof of what was occurred, it can also come handy when you speak to your friends and family and forget what was told.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9AAdd to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO A12₹9,990Add to compare
- Infinix Smart 4 Plus₹7,999Add to compare
- OPPO Reno4 Pro₹34,990Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare