A delightful innovation for the people in the tropical areas, the LG K7i has a unique technology called Mosquito Away. Priced at Rs. 5,195, while the innovation is humorously appreciable, the phone has extremely dated specifications making the phone miserable.
With a small battery, a weak processor and a dated display, the LG K7i turns out to be quite an ill-customized phone. It is not recommended for people unless you want a secondary phone and wants to test out its mosquito-repellent qualities.
The LG K7i has an innovation that will make you laugh if not blow your mind. However, it is effective and is the only positive of the phone. It has a few pros and cons:
- The phone comes with a textured back and a distinct design that sets it apart for the rest of its competitors.
- It is lightweight.
- The K7i comes with a unique Mosquito Away technology.
- The phone does not have a fingerprint scanner.
- The K7i has a mediocre display, which is not sharp enough.
- The K7i has a weak processor which can make the phone slow.
- It does not have a good battery, and the Mosquito Away app tends to drain the battery a lot.
- The cameras on this phone are just average, and it does not come with a dual-camera setup on its rear.
The LG K7i is a poorly-made phone with no features going in favour of it. It is incapable of holding its own in the competitive market with only a single feature standing out – the Mosquito Away feature. If you are in a mosquito-prone area, this phone might help but is not recommended.
The LG K7i has its only mosquito repellant technology innovation to set it apart but does horribly with its other aspects like mediocre display, laggy performance, and struggling battery.
LG K7i arrives with a 5-inch touchscreen display which has a resolution of 480×854 pixels. The screen is inferior, and the colours are not punchy. They appear washed out. The brightness does not go very high, either. While indoors, you can expect moderate legibility, outdoor legibility drops terribly. In the end, from the display point of view, the phone is not very well thought-out.
The LG K7i has the dimensions of about 144.70 x 72.60 x 8.10mm and is about 8.1 inches thick. It has a textured back, which is quite grippy, but on the rear-end, the phone has a thin top which grows at the bottom, because of the feature of Mosquito Away technology. At the back, just wheeler the battery is located, the phone holds a grille which releases ultrasonic sound waves which cannot be heard by humans but can keep mosquitoes away. It is the only innovation that this entry-level phone brings to the smartphone universe. Otherwise, the phone is quite lightweight at 138 grams and is comfortable to hold. The phone is ergonomic and has the power button on the rear end under the camera, but it does not double into a fingerprint scanner. The phone does not have a fingerprint scanner.
The LG K7i gets its power from a 1.1GHz quad-core processor. It has just a 2 GB RAM and even as an entry-level processor; it is inadequate. The phone will lag when intensive tasks are done in it. Plus, multitasking is not its forte; it will enter the slowdown mode if pushed. This phone will not run high-tier games as it will falter in it. There will be many frames drops present too.
In case of the cameras, the phone comes with a single 8MP camera on its rear panel and a front 5MP camera. The focus on the rear camera does lag, and the pictures have a 1-second delay before the processed image comes out. The details are not well when clicked in indoors with the colours being washed out. The dynamic range is also not very good for this phone. For the selfie camera, the indoor shots are inferior with the image becoming completely dark. In ideal light conditions, you get passable selfies.
The LG K7i gets its fuel from a 2,500mAh non-removable battery. It is a small battery, and on top of that the mosquito repellent feature, if activated, will drain a lot of battery. It might barely make through an entire day with moderate use, but with light use, it might be able to last for a whole day.
The LG K7i is an inferior phone. While it does have a strange innovation suitable for A tropical country like India, it has inferior specifications and does not work on any of its internals. Plus, the price does not warrant the purchase, as there are better competitors in the market who would deliver better performance in this case. It is not a recommended phone – even if you are someone living in a mosquito-prone area.
- Bluetooth4.2, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.32 inches
- Height5.74 inches
- Weight143 g
- ColorTitan, Brown
- Width2.92 inches
- Display TypeCapacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.0 inches
- Display Resolution480 x 854 pixels
- Pixel Density196 ppi
- Screen to Body Ratio0.638
- CPUQuad-core 1.1 GHz Cortex-A53
- OSAndroid 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Chipset GPMediatek MT6737M (28 nm)
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 32 GB
- RAM/Internal Storage16 GB, 2 GB RAM or 8 GB, 1 GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- Single Camera8 MP
- Back Camera Video720p30fps
- Single Camera5 MP
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Battery Capacity2500 mAh
- User ReplaceableRemovable
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USBmicroUSB 2.0
- RadioStereo FM radio with RDS
- SIMSingle SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsAccelerometer, proximity
- Announced On2017, April
- StatusAvailable. Released 2017, May
Price / Buy
Get the best price for LG K7i
- Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!Sun, 20 Sep'20We all have grown up playing racing games all our life and these games are still very popular which is why these racing games are evergreen and everyone loves them. With smartphones becoming more and more powerful in recent times with highly powerful processors and GPUs, gaming on smartphones is much more fun than ever. And racing games being favorite of all here we list out the Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!
- Best Emulators For Playing Console Games On Android!Sat, 19 Sep'20The classic console games were a lot of fun back then and we enjoyed playing these on our consoles a lot. These games included Super Mario, Contra, Pokemon, Pac-MAN etc. Fortunately we have some emulators on Android that ca run these same classic console games on our Android smartphone, and here are the Best Emulators For Playing Console Games on Android!
- How To Watch IPL 2020 For Free On Your Mobile Phone?Tue, 15 Sep'20Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Top 5 Flagship Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowMon, 14 Sep'20When most people are buying a new smartphone, they consider a lot of factors to ensure that they make the right purchase decision for themselves, the price segment is an important aspect for purchase for the vast majority of the users. However, if you are not one among them and want the absolute best smartphone experience that money can buy, then we have compiled a list of the top 5 flagship smartphones that offer the most premium experience at a price.
- Top 5 Smart Watches You Can Buy In India Right Now!Thu, 10 Sep'20Smart Watches is a segment of the technology and wearable space that has seen a massive rise in the past few years, we’ve seen multiple iterations of the original Apple Watch over the years and also several Android Wear watches that have good integration with the Android smartphones. Samsung, Huami, Fitbit, and other brands have also launched multiple smartwatches that run on Tizen and other proprietary operating systems with good integration with both Android and iOS.
- 10 Best Apps To Learn Cooking On Android!Fri, 4 Sep'20Though there are hundreds of cooking apps to choose from, these cooking apps are top-rated and highly recommended owing to their unique features and also ease of use. All these apps have made everything handy, easy to follow, and quick. These apps also try to make the cooking experience more creative and enjoyable. Cooking apps are truly helpful not only for beginners but also for regular cooks. From breakfast to dinner, you can count on their recipes as they all provide irresistible recipes. You just need to get into the kitchen and follow them without any ifs or buts. They will surely lend a helping hand in the kitchen through their recipes.
- 10 Best Mobile Games That You Must Play In 2020!Fri, 4 Sep'20While everyone is staying home being safe, mobile gaming is something that has kept us entertained during this pandemic. Here we have listed out some of the best mobile games that you must not miss and should definitely try it out. All these games are free to download and are available on both Android and iOS app stores.
- Top 10 Best Gaming Phones In India – 2020 Edition!Thu, 3 Sep'20Gaming smartphones is a new segment that has recently developed into a massive interest for many, we have even started seeing several new devices come with budget gaming focussed processors such as the Snapdragon 765G by Qualcomm. However, if you are looking for the ultimate gaming smartphone then there’s more to consider than just the SoC on the smartphone, factors like the display, audio, and the overall software experience add up to offer the smoothest gaming experience. Here are the top 10 gaming smartphones to buy in 2020.
- Phone batteries may appear small in size, but they hold a lot of toxic chemicals that are hazardous to the environment and health. They can harm the soil in which they are buried and can even pollute the air. Disposing of them in the correct ways is a necessity, and here we discuss the best way to dispose of your smartphone’s battery, the Right way.
- The mid-range segment of smartphones was very limited until recent times and was mostly filled with offerings form Chinese manufacturers and other small companies. Until recent times there was no real competitor in the mid-range segment that was worth our suggestion, however, this has taken a massive turn in recent years with Google releasing a cheaper version of their Pixel flagship smartphone and Apple releasing a similar offering at a budget price. In the year 2020, we now have at least 3 major competitors – the Google Pixel 4a, iPhone SE, and the OnePlus Nord. Here’s how they compete against each other.
- 7.9spec scorePOCO X3₹16,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme 7₹14,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreTecno Spark Go 2020₹6,499Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y20i₹11,490Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreInfinix Note 7₹11,499Add to compare
- 7.6spec scorePOCO M2₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 5.3₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.1spec scoreMotorola Moto E7 Plus₹9,499Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Z Fold2₹149,999Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreRealme Narzo 20 Pro₹14,999Add to compare