While the Motorola One Zoom isn’t the best looking phone in the mid-range smartphone market, its camera system is top-tier and enables photograph enthusiasts to click a myriad of beautiful pictures, without burning a hole in your pocket. Its power is not that great, but it has a fantastic screen and stable battery life.
Known for its wonderful cameras and picture quality, the Motorola One Zoom is a fantastic option to choose from, in the smartphone market. The smartphone has its set of pros and cons, though.
– The Motorola One Zoom provides for a fantastic camera system at its price
– Its battery life is more than substantial
– It comes with an in-screen fingerprint scanner
– The Motorola One Zoom has a beefed-up camera bump
– Its power is mid-range, to say the least
– It comes with a mono speaker, which is not that good
Overall, the Motorola One Zoom isn’t the most attractive smartphone to look at, and neither is its power as would be expected from a smartphone at its price. Its camera, though, is fantastic, and more than substantiates its asking price.
The Motorola One Zoom is a fascinating mid-range phone with a wonderful set of cameras.
With its 2340×1080 display, the Motorola One Zoom strikes a fantastic balance with its teardrop notch. Its 19:5:9 may not pack as much a punch as its predecessors, the Motorola One Vision and the Motorola One Action, but it is decent. The smartphone has solid viewing angles, with minor blue shifting when moved to extreme angles. The screen is reliable for its price, but not best-in-class.
The Motorola One Zoom isn’t built to impress. It comes with several flagship features and a bit of heft as well. The One Zoom has a glass back with a matte finish and a brushed-up metal effect. There is a huge camera bump in the upper-middle section of the back, which accommodates four camera lenses and the smartphone’s light-up insignia.
The Motorola One Zoom comes with a magnificent 6.4-inch AMOLED display, with an in-screen fingerprint scanner. A rather big letdown is the One Zoom’s mono speaker stereo system. There is a headphone jack and a USB-C port at the bottom of the screen. While the smartphone is not waterproof, it is splash and dust-resistant.
The Motorola One Zoom gets its power from a Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 chipset. Considering its price tag, camera and abundance of features, Motorola could have done better. The One Zoom comes with a respectable 4GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. You can still play games, and perform taxing activities on the smartphone, quite smoothly.
If you are looking for a performance packed-phone, the One Zoom compares with the Pixel 3a, with a similar AnTuTu score. The Asus ZenFone 6 is slightly less expensive than the One Zoom and comes with the same chipset that powers the Galaxy Note 10 Plus, hence proving to be a better option for performance seekers.
The cream of the top is the Motorola One Zoom’s camera. Aptly named the One Zoom, the smartphone comes with 3x optical zoom, as is the case with the OnePlus 7 Pro. The One Zoom has a four-camera system. It has a 48MP primary wide-angle camera, with an open f/1.7 aperture, which lets in a sufficient amount of light. It also comes with phase detection autofocus and optical image stabilization (OIS).
The One Zoom’s 8MP telephoto camera comes with an f/2.4 aperture and OIS. The Motorola One Zoom’s third camera is a 16MP ultra-wide camera, with a 13mm focal range and an f/2.2 aperture. Its final 5MP camera comes with a depth sensor. The One Zoom’s camera system enables fantastic photography, and a 4K video capture option.
While the Motorola One Zoom does not come with a monstrous 5,000mAh battery like the Motorola G7 Power, it has a respectable 4,000mAh battery, which is more than sufficient. If not used extensively, the One Zoom’s battery can make it through a full day, exhausting about 70% of its battery life. The smartphone comes with a Battery Saver feature as well.
Taxing activities like editing and tethering pictures too, do not consume too much battery. To put it into perspective, watching 90 minutes of an HD movie, at maximum brightness, eats into just 9% of its battery. Charging the smartphone does not take too much time as well.
Priced at 32,590 INR, the Motorola One Zoom packs a punch for its price. While it does not look that great, it provides for several premium features, and a great camera system, considering its price. Its power is not the best, but its battery life is more than substantial. Overall, the Motorola One Zoom is an amazing option for those seeking a mid-range phone, with a decent look and a great camera system.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE, EDR
- Thickness0.35 inches
- Height6.22 inches
- Weight190 g
- ColorElectric Gray, Cosmic Purple, Brushed Bronze
- BuildFront glass, back glass (Gorilla Glass 3), aluminum frame
- Width2.95 inches
- Display TypeSuper AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.39 inches
- Pixel Density403 ppi
- ProtectionPanda King glass
- Display Resolution1080 x 2340 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19.5:9
- Screen to Body Ratio84.60%
- CPUOcta-core (2x2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold 6x1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver)
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 (11 nm)
- GPUAdreno 612
- OSAndroid 9.0 (Pie)
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 512 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage128GB 4GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesDual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p30/60fps
- Quad Camera48 MP, f/1.7, (wide), 1/2, 0.8 micron8 MP, f/2.4, (telephoto), 3x optical zoom16 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide)5 MP, depth sensor
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps, 720p240fps
- Single Camera25 MP, f/2.0, 0.9 micron
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity4000 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 15W
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USB3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- SIMSingle SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Water ResistantSplash and dust resistant
- Announced On2019, September
- StatusAvailable. Released 2019, September
- Monthly Round-up Of Smartphones Launched in August 2020!Sat, 26 Sep'20The August month of 2020 was full of exciting launches of new mobile phones. There were 15 new launches in total and some took the market by surprise and filled people with excitement while others didn't have such an impact. Here are all the new smartphones that were announced in August 2020.
- Bluetooth Headsets have become quite common over the recent few years given the fact that most premium smartphones have decided to stop including the 3.5mm audio jack. Several smartphone manufacturers have launched Wireless headsets of their own to capture a fair share of the market. However, one question that has not been answered for several years is how does one decide between Bluetooth Headphones or True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds.
- Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!Sun, 20 Sep'20We all have grown up playing racing games all our life and these games are still very popular which is why these racing games are evergreen and everyone loves them. With smartphones becoming more and more powerful in recent times with highly powerful processors and GPUs, gaming on smartphones is much more fun than ever. And racing games being favorite of all here we list out the Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!
- Best Emulators For Playing Console Games On Android!Sat, 19 Sep'20The classic console games were a lot of fun back then and we enjoyed playing these on our consoles a lot. These games included Super Mario, Contra, Pokemon, Pac-MAN etc. Fortunately we have some emulators on Android that ca run these same classic console games on our Android smartphone, and here are the Best Emulators For Playing Console Games on Android!
- How To Watch IPL 2020 For Free On Your Mobile Phone?Tue, 15 Sep'20Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Top 5 Flagship Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowMon, 14 Sep'20When most people are buying a new smartphone, they consider a lot of factors to ensure that they make the right purchase decision for themselves, the price segment is an important aspect for purchase for the vast majority of the users. However, if you are not one among them and want the absolute best smartphone experience that money can buy, then we have compiled a list of the top 5 flagship smartphones that offer the most premium experience at a price.
- Top 5 Smart Watches You Can Buy In India Right Now!Thu, 10 Sep'20Smart Watches is a segment of the technology and wearable space that has seen a massive rise in the past few years, we’ve seen multiple iterations of the original Apple Watch over the years and also several Android Wear watches that have good integration with the Android smartphones. Samsung, Huami, Fitbit, and other brands have also launched multiple smartwatches that run on Tizen and other proprietary operating systems with good integration with both Android and iOS.
- 10 Best Apps To Learn Cooking On Android!Fri, 4 Sep'20Though there are hundreds of cooking apps to choose from, these cooking apps are top-rated and highly recommended owing to their unique features and also ease of use. All these apps have made everything handy, easy to follow, and quick. These apps also try to make the cooking experience more creative and enjoyable. Cooking apps are truly helpful not only for beginners but also for regular cooks. From breakfast to dinner, you can count on their recipes as they all provide irresistible recipes. You just need to get into the kitchen and follow them without any ifs or buts. They will surely lend a helping hand in the kitchen through their recipes.
- 10 Best Mobile Games That You Must Play In 2020!Fri, 4 Sep'20While everyone is staying home being safe, mobile gaming is something that has kept us entertained during this pandemic. Here we have listed out some of the best mobile games that you must not miss and should definitely try it out. All these games are free to download and are available on both Android and iOS app stores.
- Top 10 Best Gaming Phones In India – 2020 Edition!Thu, 3 Sep'20Gaming smartphones is a new segment that has recently developed into a massive interest for many, we have even started seeing several new devices come with budget gaming focussed processors such as the Snapdragon 765G by Qualcomm. However, if you are looking for the ultimate gaming smartphone then there’s more to consider than just the SoC on the smartphone, factors like the display, audio, and the overall software experience add up to offer the smoothest gaming experience. Here are the top 10 gaming smartphones to buy in 2020.
- 7.9spec scorePOCO X3₹16,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme 7₹14,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreTecno Spark Go 2020₹6,499Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y20i₹11,490Add to compare
- 7.6spec scorePOCO M2₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreInfinix Note 7₹11,499Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 5.3₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.1spec scoreMotorola Moto E7 Plus₹9,499Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreRealme Narzo 20 Pro₹14,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreRealme Narzo 20A₹8,499Add to compare