While the Motorola One Zoom isn’t the best looking phone in the mid-range smartphone market, its camera system is top-tier and enables photograph enthusiasts to click a myriad of beautiful pictures, without burning a hole in your pocket. Its power is not that great, but it has a fantastic screen and stable battery life.
Known for its wonderful cameras and picture quality, the Motorola One Zoom is a fantastic option to choose from, in the smartphone market. The smartphone has its set of pros and cons, though.
– The Motorola One Zoom provides for a fantastic camera system at its price
– Its battery life is more than substantial
– It comes with an in-screen fingerprint scanner
– The Motorola One Zoom has a beefed-up camera bump
– Its power is mid-range, to say the least
– It comes with a mono speaker, which is not that good
Overall, the Motorola One Zoom isn’t the most attractive smartphone to look at, and neither is its power as would be expected from a smartphone at its price. Its camera, though, is fantastic, and more than substantiates its asking price.
The Motorola One Zoom is a fascinating mid-range phone with a wonderful set of cameras.
With its 2340×1080 display, the Motorola One Zoom strikes a fantastic balance with its teardrop notch. Its 19:5:9 may not pack as much a punch as its predecessors, the Motorola One Vision and the Motorola One Action, but it is decent. The smartphone has solid viewing angles, with minor blue shifting when moved to extreme angles. The screen is reliable for its price, but not best-in-class.
The Motorola One Zoom isn’t built to impress. It comes with several flagship features and a bit of heft as well. The One Zoom has a glass back with a matte finish and a brushed-up metal effect. There is a huge camera bump in the upper-middle section of the back, which accommodates four camera lenses and the smartphone’s light-up insignia.
The Motorola One Zoom comes with a magnificent 6.4-inch AMOLED display, with an in-screen fingerprint scanner. A rather big letdown is the One Zoom’s mono speaker stereo system. There is a headphone jack and a USB-C port at the bottom of the screen. While the smartphone is not waterproof, it is splash and dust-resistant.
The Motorola One Zoom gets its power from a Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 chipset. Considering its price tag, camera and abundance of features, Motorola could have done better. The One Zoom comes with a respectable 4GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. You can still play games, and perform taxing activities on the smartphone, quite smoothly.
If you are looking for a performance packed-phone, the One Zoom compares with the Pixel 3a, with a similar AnTuTu score. The Asus ZenFone 6 is slightly less expensive than the One Zoom and comes with the same chipset that powers the Galaxy Note 10 Plus, hence proving to be a better option for performance seekers.
The cream of the top is the Motorola One Zoom’s camera. Aptly named the One Zoom, the smartphone comes with 3x optical zoom, as is the case with the OnePlus 7 Pro. The One Zoom has a four-camera system. It has a 48MP primary wide-angle camera, with an open f/1.7 aperture, which lets in a sufficient amount of light. It also comes with phase detection autofocus and optical image stabilization (OIS).
The One Zoom’s 8MP telephoto camera comes with an f/2.4 aperture and OIS. The Motorola One Zoom’s third camera is a 16MP ultra-wide camera, with a 13mm focal range and an f/2.2 aperture. Its final 5MP camera comes with a depth sensor. The One Zoom’s camera system enables fantastic photography, and a 4K video capture option.
While the Motorola One Zoom does not come with a monstrous 5,000mAh battery like the Motorola G7 Power, it has a respectable 4,000mAh battery, which is more than sufficient. If not used extensively, the One Zoom’s battery can make it through a full day, exhausting about 70% of its battery life. The smartphone comes with a Battery Saver feature as well.
Taxing activities like editing and tethering pictures too, do not consume too much battery. To put it into perspective, watching 90 minutes of an HD movie, at maximum brightness, eats into just 9% of its battery. Charging the smartphone does not take too much time as well.
Priced at 32,590 INR, the Motorola One Zoom packs a punch for its price. While it does not look that great, it provides for several premium features, and a great camera system, considering its price. Its power is not the best, but its battery life is more than substantial. Overall, the Motorola One Zoom is an amazing option for those seeking a mid-range phone, with a decent look and a great camera system.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE, EDR
- Thickness0.35 inches
- Height6.22 inches
- Weight190 g
- ColorElectric Gray, Cosmic Purple, Brushed Bronze
- BuildFront glass, back glass (Gorilla Glass 3), aluminum frame
- Width2.95 inches
- Display TypeSuper AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.39 inches
- Pixel Density403 ppi
- ProtectionPanda King glass
- Display Resolution1080 x 2340 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19.5:9
- Screen to Body Ratio84.60%
- CPUOcta-core (2x2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold 6x1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver)
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 (11 nm)
- GPUAdreno 612
- OSAndroid 9.0 (Pie)
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 512 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage128GB 4GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesDual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p30/60fps
- Quad Camera48 MP, f/1.7, (wide), 1/2, 0.8 micron8 MP, f/2.4, (telephoto), 3x optical zoom16 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide)5 MP, depth sensor
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps, 720p240fps
- Single Camera25 MP, f/2.0, 0.9 micron
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity4000 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 15W
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USB3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- SIMSingle SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Water ResistantSplash and dust resistant
- Announced On2019, September
- StatusAvailable. Released 2019, September
- Best SHAREit Alternatives For File Sharing In India!Thu, 2 Jul'20Just a few days ago a notification was released saying that the Government of India has banned a total of 59 Chinese apps in India amidst rising border tensions between China and India, this move was also pushed ahead based on the privacy concerns on these Chinese apps that have allegedly stolen data from Indian users in the past. SHAREit is one such important app in the list of 59 apps that has a large user base, the app is mainly used to share files between users easily. Luckily, we have a lot of apps now that offer similar functionality that is relatively safer than SHAREit and is not banned in India.
- TikTok was one of the biggest and easiest short video sharing platforms and comes with its own set of editing features making it very easy for the content creators to quickly make and publish their content. In a surprising but well-supported move, the government of India has banned 59 apps from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store, TikTok is one of the important apps in the list and this has stirred up a lot of users. This has led to a lot of uncertainty among the community about which platform to shift to, given the ban on TikTok in India. Here are the best alternatives for TikTok that work well in India
- Document scanning applications have been an important part of the Google Play Store and Apple App Store for a while and help in simplifying the scanning tasks. CamScanner was one such important application in the App Stores that allowed a simple way of scanning documents, however, this app has been amidst many privacy issues. Added to the prior concerns, the Indian government has now decided to ban CamScanner and 58 other Chinese apps that might be unsafe for Indian users. In this article, we list out the best alternatives to the CamScanner app that are still available for download in India.
- OnePlus NORD pre-orders in India soonThu, 2 Jul'20OnePlus NORD is going to be the first model in the company’s newly created “affordable smartphone line”.
- Smartphone gaming has seen a steady rise in the past few years with new games only increasing the need for more powerful processors. We see very capable processors in smartphones these days, some of which are as powerful if not more than many basic laptop and desktop computers. These smartphones are a result of extreme research and development being done on the smartphone chipsets that have resulted in such increased performance.
- How To Change Alexa Language To Hindi!Tue, 30 Jun'20Alexa is a smart voice assistant from Amazon and supports a lot of commands. It also supports controlling of smart home appliances and other compatible products. Alexa can also give you updates on weather or even play a song from Amazon music for you using just a voice command. Alexa is available on Amazon Echo devices and uses advanced far-field technology to capture voices from far away. Alexa was available in English when it was launched and later grew to support many regional languages. Here’s how to change Alexa Language to Hindi if you want to give native commands.
- What Is Amazon Pay Later And How To Avail It!Mon, 29 Jun'20Amazon has been in the Indian market for a very long time now and had already introduced the Amazon Pay service in India back in September 2018. Amazon also operates a Credit Card in partnership with ICICI Bank under the name of Amazon Pay and offers flat 5% cashback on all Amazon purchases made using the card for prime members. Amazon Pay has been a wallet service allowing users to load gift cards as Amazon Pay balance and use it for future purchases on the Amazon India website. The Later suffix means exactly what it sounds and offers a post-paid service to the existing offering.
- How To Upload Music To YouTube Music Library!Sun, 28 Jun'20YouTube Music is one of the most capable streaming services right now with an enormous library of content ranging from official uploads, music videos, covers, and concert recordings. In an unlikely scenario that you don’t find the music that you are looking for, you can also upload it to YouTube’s music streaming library and then easily access it from any of your devices. This allows you to upload any particular song that is not available on the YouTube platform and make sure it is available on all the platforms for your convenience.
- How To Remove Duplicate Songs From YouTube Playlists!Sat, 27 Jun'20YouTube is perhaps the biggest video and audio streaming service in the world right now, the Google-owned video streaming service hosts billions of hours of content from millions of creators. YouTube is inarguably the largest library of songs and has a mix of official, unofficial, and personal content. While the service outperforms all the competitors in terms of quality, app design, and overall experience, the YouTube music feature still feels a little half-baked with no proper playlist support and unable to identify duplicate items in the playlist.
- YouTube is the biggest platform for content creators and has people uploading new videos in different niches every day. Tech is one such niche that is heavily crowded and has more content creators than perhaps any other niche. If you are looking for any tech-related content then it is very likely you will be bombarded by videos from multiple users and it might become a very difficult task to decide which one to watch and home to trust. Luckily, there are a few reliable and trust YouTube content creators in India and across that world who have been in this profession for a long time now and offer some reliable and trustworthy content that you can stand by.
- 7spec scoreOnePlus ZAdd to compare
- Google Pixel 4aAdd to compare
- Samsung Galaxy A31₹20,999Add to compare
- Nokia 5310₹3,399Add to compare
- Realme X3₹24,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreOPPO Find X2₹64,990Add to compare
- Tecno Spark Power 2₹9,999Add to compare
- Samsung Galaxy A21s₹16,498Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreSamsung Galaxy M01₹8,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreRealme X3 SuperZoom₹27,999Add to compare