The Nokia 6 (2018), Matte Black, 32GB (4GB RAM) runs for Rs.12,990. It comes with a 5.5 inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display with 1080 x 1920 pixels at 403 PPI (pixels per inch). This flagship is powered by Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430 Octa-core processor and comes with 4GB RAM. It also has 32/64 gigs of internal storage that can be expanded up to 256GB with a microSD card. The phone runs Android 8.1 and a 3060mAh non-removable battery. It measures 154 x 75.8 x 7.9 mm and weighs 160gm. Further, it also houses a 16 MP primary camera on the rear and an 8 MP front shooter for selfies.
The phone comes with an excellent build quality and a stellar 1080×1920 display. The phone also is an Android One supported device, which only adds more value to the packaged deal.
The Nokia 6 (2018) comes with its shortcomings though, having neither a good quality camera nor an IP68 rating for dust and water resistance.
Build quality is excellent
Stellar 1080×1920 display
Not the best camera on the market
Android One support
Arriving with an amazing body, the Nokia 6 with its Android One though it may not have the best performance even for a low mid-range handset.
The screen of the Nokia 6 (2018) is a 5.5 inch IPS LCD with 1080p resolution. It performs well as far as brightness is concerned for an LCD, achieving a benchmark of 417 nits. This LCD has one of the best scores, beating even most OLEDs on the market. The solid build comes with its own set of caveats though. At 8.5mm, Nokia 6 is not the slimmest out there, but it does feel uncomfortable in the hand. The thick borders above and below the screen do not help matters either.
The Nokia 6 (2018) is quite recognizable if you’re familiar with the Nokia 6 of 2017. It comes with an anodized aluminium unibody, with an angular look on the sides and a flat back with sharp edges. The matte black model has copper accents around the edges, the camera and the fingerprint reader – adding quite a bit of flair. As a cursory warning, with the camera sticking out, the phone may wobble when kept on a table.
Since the fingerprint reader is now on the back, a lot of space has freed up on the front. Storage is either 32 or 64 gigs and is expandable with a dedicated Micro SD card slot. It’s unfortunate that there is no stereo speaker setup since Nokia has gone back to a bottom firing speaker next to the USB Type C port.
The Nokia 6 (2018) is runs the latest Android Orio 8.1 and is part of the Android 1 program. which means it gets direct Android updates just like the Google Pixel. Most of the functions are provided through Google apps and there is limited proprietary software on top of the latest Android OS. Moreover, you will get the latest security updates as soon as they roll out from Google itself. The biggest upgrade on the Nokia 6 (2018) is probably the improved performance with it, now running a Snapdragon 630 chipset with 4 gigs of RAM – which is miles ahead of the Snapdragon 430 that was in the previous version of this phone. These chipsets are known to perform around 60% better and run smoothly even with pretty demanding games.
HMD Global renewed their collaboration venture with imaging brand Carl Zeiss, and the results of this massive deal can be seen in the Nokia 6. The Nokia 6 (2018) has a 16 MP main camera with an f2.0 aperture and face detection autofocus technology, with this iteration coming with a Zeiss branded lens. In good light, photos are rich in detail, have accurate colours, with the dynamic range being just about average.
In low-light, there isn’t a lot to say since the images come out blurry, dark and with quite a bit of noise. If you go into the camera’s dedicated pro mode you can take photos with a shutter speed of up to 4 seconds. However, despite the photos having plenty of details after using the aforementioned feature, there’s still a prominence of luminance noise in the way.
For selfies, the Nokia 6 (2018) has an 8 MP front snapper. It also has the capability to shoot in 4k and 1080p while churning out good videos in both resolutions.
The Nokia 6 (2018) is powered by a 3000 mAH battery, which is the same as the one that was on the previous model. Although it’s not the biggest, the battery earns a respectable endurance rating of 76 hours.
Overall the Nokia 6 (2018) is a solid mid-range phone which has a great selfie cam and comes with plenty of improvements over the previous versions like the better chipset, great sunlight legibility, and full Google support 3 for Android One.
There are still some compromises you’ll have to make since the camera is a bit of a letdown and there is no waterproofing. But at thus minimal price, it is a great deal to go ahead with!
- Bluetooth4.1, A2DP, LE
- Back Camera16 MP
- Front Camera8 MP
- Thickness0.31 inches
- Height6.06 inches
- Weight169 g
- ColorArte Black, Matte Black, Tempered Blue, Silver, Copper
- BuildFront glass, aluminum body
- Width2.98 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.5 inches
- Screen Resolution1080X1920
- Display TypeIPS LCD
- Pixel Density403 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 3
- Display Size5.25 inch to 5.5 inch
- Display Resolution1080 x 1920 pixels
- Screen to Body Ratio70.70%
- CPUOcta-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset GPQualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430 (28 nm)
- RAM4 GB RAM
- GPUAdreno 505
- OSAndroid 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- ChipsetQualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- Storage64 GB
- RAM/Internal Storage32 GB, 3 GB RAM - Matte Black, Tempered Blue, Silver, Copper64 GB, 4 GB RAM - Arte Black
- Single Camera16 MP, f/2.0, 1.0 micron
- Back Camera FeaturesDual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera8 MP, f/2.0, 1/4, 1.12 micron, AF
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesDolby Atmos sound enhancementActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Talk TimeUp to 18 h (3G)
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3000 mAh
- Battery Capacity3000 mAh
- Music TimeUp to 22 h
- ChargingFast battery charging 10W
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- SIMHybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2017, January
- StatusAvailable. Released 2017, January
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Nokia 6
Get the best price for Nokia 6
- Best Android One Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowWed, 19 Feb'20When you are out in the market for a new smartphone you expect the new smartphone should come with the least possible bloatware so that it can deliver the maximum performance. Right now this is only possible with Pixel devices from Google that offers clean stock Android version with no third-party app installed. And that’s…
- Galaxy A70e Renders Leaked!Tue, 18 Feb'20It seems Samsung is about to launch the successor to the Galaxy A70s by the name of Galaxy A70e. A few renders of the A70e have leaked and are doing the rounds on the internet. The leaks are courtesy of the famous leaker @OnLeaks. Based on information from him and the leaked renders, the phone…
- The Best Smartphones You Can Buy In India In 2020Mon, 17 Feb'20Smartphones and gadgets play an important role in one’s life in the current generations. One tends to use them for work, for casual usage, for gaming, media consumption, and whatnot. Life without a phone even for a day is like, life without food for a month. While there are a variety of phones available in…
- Samsung Galaxy S20 First ImpressionsMon, 17 Feb'20Samsung has launched a new trio of phones in the Galaxy S20 Series for the year 2020, these include the Galaxy S20, the S20 Plus and the Galaxy S20 Ultra with that hybrid 100x zooming capabilities. But that is not we will be focussing on here, while most of the people will be buying the…
- iQoo 3 AnTuTu Benchmark Scores Better Than iPhone 11?!Mon, 17 Feb'20The iQoo 3 is expected to launch in India on February 25th, the same day as its debut in China. It’ll also mark the entry of iQOO in India. The iQOO 3 is about to become India’s first Snapdragon 865 and 5G support. It’s expected to be a quick and powerful phone. This is now…
- OnePlus 8 Finally Shows Up On GeekbenchFri, 14 Feb'20A device with the codename IN2025 has gone through Geekbench and this might be the vanilla OnePlus 8. It’s powered by a Snapdragon 865 chipset (“kona”) just like the OnePlus 8 Pro, and therefore the Geekbench score of both the devices is similar. But notice the RAM – it’s 8GB while the professional model packed…
- Realme X50 Pro 5G To Have 65W(!) Fast ChargingFri, 14 Feb'20Since MWC has been canceled, Realme is holding a web launch event for the X50 Pro 5G on February 24. Earlier it was alleged to take the wraps off it in Barcelona at the conference. The phone has now been confirmed by Realme to have 65W fast charging, which uses the recently trademarked SuperDart brand.…
- Xiaomi Launches Mi 10 And Mi 10 Pro In ChinaThu, 13 Feb'20Xiaomi has finally launched the Mi 10 in China, which is a successor to the Mi 9 smartphone. The 5G device ships with the newest Android 10 OS. Read also: Redmi 8A Dual Launched in India Xiaomi Mi 10 Specifications and Features The latest Xiaomi Mi 10 features a curved 6.7-inch AMOLED display with 1,120…
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip First ImpressionsWed, 12 Feb'20Samsung has just unveiled its latest folding phone, and this comes with a completely new visual design, which has a mechanism pretty similar to the infamous Motorola Razr Fold. It features the new Ultra-Thin Glass has a better hinge mechanism and more, and also It is coming pretty soon to India. While there are some…
- How To Move Your Data From Android To iPhoneWed, 12 Feb'20Right Now there are only two major operating systems for a smartphone which are Android and iOS. And you get unlimited options if you want an Android device while iOS is only available on iPhones. So the people who have been using iOS and iPhones for a while are tempted to switch to Android devices…
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Poco X2₹15,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreOPPO F15₹19,990Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreSamsung Galaxy A71Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 6.2₹13,349Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreMotorola Razr 2019Add to compare
- 7.3spec scoreRealme 5i₹8,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Redmi K30Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreLG G8X ThinQAdd to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo V17₹22,990Add to compare
- 8spec scoreVivo Z1 Pro₹12,990Add to compare