The Nokia 6 (2018), Matte Black, 32GB (4GB RAM) runs for Rs.12,990. It comes with a 5.5 inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display with 1080 x 1920 pixels at 403 PPI (pixels per inch). This flagship is powered by Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430 Octa-core processor and comes with 4GB RAM. It also has 32/64 gigs of internal storage that can be expanded up to 256GB with a microSD card. The phone runs Android 8.1 and a 3060mAh non-removable battery. It measures 154 x 75.8 x 7.9 mm and weighs 160gm. Further, it also houses a 16 MP primary camera on the rear and an 8 MP front shooter for selfies.
The phone comes with an excellent build quality and a stellar 1080×1920 display. The phone also is an Android One supported device, which only adds more value to the packaged deal.
The Nokia 6 (2018) comes with its shortcomings though, having neither a good quality camera nor an IP68 rating for dust and water resistance.
Build quality is excellent
Stellar 1080×1920 display
Not the best camera on the market
Android One support
Arriving with an amazing body, the Nokia 6 with its Android One though it may not have the best performance even for a low mid-range handset.
The screen of the Nokia 6 (2018) is a 5.5 inch IPS LCD with 1080p resolution. It performs well as far as brightness is concerned for an LCD, achieving a benchmark of 417 nits. This LCD has one of the best scores, beating even most OLEDs on the market. The solid build comes with its own set of caveats though. At 8.5mm, Nokia 6 is not the slimmest out there, but it does feel uncomfortable in the hand. The thick borders above and below the screen do not help matters either.
The Nokia 6 (2018) is quite recognizable if you’re familiar with the Nokia 6 of 2017. It comes with an anodized aluminium unibody, with an angular look on the sides and a flat back with sharp edges. The matte black model has copper accents around the edges, the camera and the fingerprint reader – adding quite a bit of flair. As a cursory warning, with the camera sticking out, the phone may wobble when kept on a table.
Since the fingerprint reader is now on the back, a lot of space has freed up on the front. Storage is either 32 or 64 gigs and is expandable with a dedicated Micro SD card slot. It’s unfortunate that there is no stereo speaker setup since Nokia has gone back to a bottom firing speaker next to the USB Type C port.
The Nokia 6 (2018) is runs the latest Android Orio 8.1 and is part of the Android 1 program. which means it gets direct Android updates just like the Google Pixel. Most of the functions are provided through Google apps and there is limited proprietary software on top of the latest Android OS. Moreover, you will get the latest security updates as soon as they roll out from Google itself. The biggest upgrade on the Nokia 6 (2018) is probably the improved performance with it, now running a Snapdragon 630 chipset with 4 gigs of RAM – which is miles ahead of the Snapdragon 430 that was in the previous version of this phone. These chipsets are known to perform around 60% better and run smoothly even with pretty demanding games.
HMD Global renewed their collaboration venture with imaging brand Carl Zeiss, and the results of this massive deal can be seen in the Nokia 6. The Nokia 6 (2018) has a 16 MP main camera with an f2.0 aperture and face detection autofocus technology, with this iteration coming with a Zeiss branded lens. In good light, photos are rich in detail, have accurate colours, with the dynamic range being just about average.
In low-light, there isn’t a lot to say since the images come out blurry, dark and with quite a bit of noise. If you go into the camera’s dedicated pro mode you can take photos with a shutter speed of up to 4 seconds. However, despite the photos having plenty of details after using the aforementioned feature, there’s still a prominence of luminance noise in the way.
For selfies, the Nokia 6 (2018) has an 8 MP front snapper. It also has the capability to shoot in 4k and 1080p while churning out good videos in both resolutions.
The Nokia 6 (2018) is powered by a 3000 mAH battery, which is the same as the one that was on the previous model. Although it’s not the biggest, the battery earns a respectable endurance rating of 76 hours.
Overall the Nokia 6 (2018) is a solid mid-range phone which has a great selfie cam and comes with plenty of improvements over the previous versions like the better chipset, great sunlight legibility, and full Google support 3 for Android One.
There are still some compromises you’ll have to make since the camera is a bit of a letdown and there is no waterproofing. But at thus minimal price, it is a great deal to go ahead with!
- Bluetooth4.1, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.31 inches
- Height6.06 inches
- Weight169 g
- ColorArte Black, Matte Black, Tempered Blue, Silver, Copper
- BuildFront glass, aluminum body
- Width2.98 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.5 inches
- Pixel Density403 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 3
- Display Resolution1080 x 1920 pixels
- Screen to Body Ratio70.70%
- CPUOcta-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset GPQualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430 (28 nm)
- GPUAdreno 505
- OSAndroid 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage32 GB, 3 GB RAM - Matte Black, Tempered Blue, Silver, Copper64 GB, 4 GB RAM - Arte Black
- Single Camera16 MP, f/2.0, 1.0 micron
- Back Camera FeaturesDual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera8 MP, f/2.0, 1/4, 1.12 micron, AF
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesDolby Atmos sound enhancementActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Talk TimeUp to 18 h (3G)
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3000 mAh
- Music TimeUp to 22 h
- ChargingFast battery charging 10W
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- SIMHybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2017, January
- StatusAvailable. Released 2017, January
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Nokia 6
Get the best price for Nokia 6
- iPhones have been around for many years now and have eventually acquired a massive share in the market over the years, this has also helped the brand gain a lot of trust and loyalty from its repeat customers. If you are reading this article, the chances are that you might also be having an iPhone right now, however, iPhones tend to heat at times because of a bad software patch or the processor working way more than the required amount. The average operating temperature of an iPhone is significantly lower than some of the other phones due to safety concerns.
- Top 5 iOS Style Launchers For Android!Sun, 9 Aug'20While most users own an Android smartphone it is very likely they wish to get the experience of an iPhone. If you are one of those who like iPhone over Android but cannot afford one, you can use one of the below iPhone launchers to make your Android phone look like iPhone. Android comes with a lot of customization options in the UI using launchers and more, some of these launchers can bring an iPhone style interface to your Android phone at ease. The iPhone launchers give Android a very similar look by adding a similar wallpaper, replacing icons, and more.
- The Best Ways To Sell Your Old iPhone In 2020!Thu, 6 Aug'20The one thing about technology is that with each passing year, there certainly is an upgrade making the new better in terms of experience, endurance, and more. If you have an iPhone that you have been using for a few years and wish to upgrade now, you might want to sell off the old device and get whatever money you can for it. There are multiple places where you can sell or recycle your smartphone in exchange for cash or vouchers thereby making it easier for you to buy your new dream smartphone.
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9A₹9,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra₹104,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Note 20₹77,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 9 Prime₹9,999Add to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare