Modern design, killer performance and immersive display – Nokia 7 Plus makes a mark in all aspects of a modern flagship. Priced at Rs. 22,599, this phone is a modified marvel for a mid-range tag.
Nokia 7 Plus squeezes into the flagship market with its first-ever 18:9 display. It has minimal bezels and vivid colour reproduction to keep you immersed in the phone. It has also improved the cameras and brought in additional features to make this phone any vlogger’s handy delight.
Nokia 7 Plus has brought in a market-redefining upgrade to its predecessors. It comes with 18:9 display, featuring full HD+ resolution for fantastic gaming and cinematic experience. Plus, it has a set of cameras which capture quality pictures and can be activated simultaneously – for diverse photography and video shooting experience.
As a necessary move to enter the flagship competition, Nokia 7 Plus has modified its design and has finally brought in the 18:9 aspect ratio. It feels good to hold the phone, and the display is sharp enough for outdoor use. The vibrant colours are great and give the user a pleasant viewing experience.
Nokia 7 Plus has worked on its camera as well. Using the advanced Zeiss optics, the cameras are capable of capturing quality images in ample light. The telephoto lens makes it easier to get distant images in the frame. The bothie mode or simultaneous use of front and rear camera is a great feature included in it as well.
While the build quality and the camera has gone through some much-needed changes, Nokia 7 Plus struggles a bit in low-light. However, it is a well-rounded phone that can be a delight in the hands of any aspiring vlogger who wants a lag-free and long-lasting phone performance.
The first Nokia phone with an 18:9 aspect ratio, Nokia 7 Plus packs a punch in the performance and camera department, while keeping a long-lasting battery under its belt.
Nokia 7 Plus comes with 6-inch full HD+ with a resolution of 2160×1440 pixels IPS LCD (403ppi) and an 18:9 display, a first for Nokia handsets. It has adequate brightness to make it legible outdoors at daytime, though harsh sunlight can cause visibility issues. The viewing angles do not cause any different tones of colours to pop up on display. The colours are vivid and accurate. The limited bezels give an excellent cinematic experience.
Nokia 7 Plus looks like the Google Pixel 2 with the curves at the edges. It has an aluminium unibody by using 6000 series aluminium. The rounded edges make it a comfortable hold, and the back has a ceramic coating which is smooth but not as slippery as Nokia 6.1 Plus. When you pick it up, the weight could be felt due to the large battery that is equipped with. Unlike modern flagships, it has retained the headphone jack. However, the phone is large, and the fingerprint scanner seems a bit higher. You have to stretch your finger to reach it. It comes with Gorilla Glass 3 to keep scratches away.
Nokia 7 Plus comes with Snapdragon 660 processor. It is octa-core: four clocked at 1.8GHz for light tasks, and the remaining four clocked at 2.2GHz for heavy jobs. It is partnered with the popular integrated Adreno 512 graphics processor. The Snapdragon 660 is powerful and can beat the Snapdragon 625/626 processors. It provides a smooth user experience. Heavy games are handled without lag, and opening apps are fast. It does not warm up either. Benchmark tests found it getting about 137,573 which is quite satisfactory at this range.
Nokia 7 Plus has a dual camera setup on its back: a 12MP primary camera with an f/1.8 aperture and a 13MP telephoto lens with an f/2.6 aperture. Both the front and rear camera uses Zeiss optics which enhance picture quality. The focus is snappy and gets the exposure accurate most of the times. In daylight, it can capture enough details to produce crisp and bright images. The telephoto lens features a 2x optical zoom, while the primary camera can also go up to 10x digital zoom. It can help with distant objects, but the colour can get a bit cooler in the second lens. In portrait mode, the bokeh is good while using a telephoto lens which has good edge detection and blurs out the background in a decent manner. However, low-light images suffer and show a bit of grain when the pictures are zoomed in. The shutter speed is deliberately slower to get in more light and capture less noise. However, it means that you must have a steady hand, especially during low-light photography. The 16MP selfie camera has an f/2.0 aperture and captures detailed selfies even indoors. Beautification mode can be applied to smoothen faces, and there is a slider to adjust it if you find it too aggressive. Other options like HDR, beautification, and Bothie feature are present. Bothie is a special feature which allows you to use both the front and rear cameras together and could be an excellent use for vlogging.
Nokia 7 Plus has a 3,800mAh non-removable juice pack. It can easily get you through the day if you are into intensive gaming, and light use can get you more than a day of battery life. An HD video loop test saw the phone manage about 13 hours and 31 minutes which is excellent at this range. It also comes with fast charging. Plugging it in with a fast charger can get the phone to 80% from 30% in just over an hour.
Nokia 7 Plus is a solid mid-range phone. It has entered in the flagship competition with its 18:9 aspect which is a significant modification. Plus, it comes with a powerful processor and a good battery. The camera could have been tuned better to capture detailed low-light images. It can be a delight for Nokia fans and a good catch for anyone looking for a durable set with useful features. However, it will face fierce competition from Honor 8 Pro, which has better specs than 7 Plus.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.31 inches
- Height6.24 inches
- Weight183 g
- ColorBlack/Copper, White/Copper
- BuildFront glass, aluminum body (6000 series) with copper edges
- Width2.98 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.0 inches
- Pixel Density403 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 3
- Display Resolution1080 x 2160 pixels
- Aspect Ratio18:09
- Screen to Body Ratio77.20%
- CPUOcta-core (4x2.2 GHz Kryo 260 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 260)
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 (14 nm)
- GPUAdreno 512
- OSAndroid 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie) Android One
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Dual Camera12 MP, f/1.8, 25mm (wide), 1/2.55, 1.4 micron13 MP, f/2.6, 1/3.4, 1.0 micron, 2x optical zoom
- Back Camera FeaturesZeiss optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
- AutofocusDual Pixel PDAF, AF
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p30fps (gyro-EIS)
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera16 MP, f/2.0, 1/3.1, 1.0 micron
- Front Camera FeaturesZeiss optics
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Talk TimeUp to 19 h (3G)
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3800 mAh
- Music TimeUp to 126 h
- ChargingFast battery charging 18W
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USB2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Network SupportGSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMHybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2018, February
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, March
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Nokia 7 Plus
Get the best price for Nokia 7 Plus
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
- How To Filter Netflix Kids Shows By Title And Age!Tue, 28 Jul'20If you are sharing your Netflix account with your kids, you might want to consider filter out the content that they are allowed to watch. Netflix has a lot of amazing shows, however, a lot of them have an 18+ rating and even more of them that require parental supervision. The popular streaming service now allows users to filter out kid's shows by title and the audience age group. Users can also secure their Netflix profile with a simple but effective four-digit pin to prevent children from accessing adult profiles.
- Apple recently had its completely online WWDC Event in which they revealed their iOS 14 operating system for iPhones. This new software release soon made its way out as a developer beta and allowed users to try out the latest features added in this year’s release. iOS 14 comes with a new picture in picture mode that allows you to minimize a video in the form of a small floating thumbnail and use them alongside a full-screen application. While this feature was already present on Android devices for a few years now, here’s how iOS 14 does it better.
- If you use your iPhone for a lot of intense and heavy data, then it is very easy to rack up the iCloud storage and run out of the free limit. It is highly recommended to have all your data backed up to the cloud to ensure that you do not lose any data at any point. If you are getting an error form iCloud saying you do not have enough iCloud storage left, there still is a way to go ahead and backup your iPhone to the iCloud. No matter how careful you are with your iPhone, at some point you might end up damaging it or losing it, it is times like these when the iCloud backup comes in very handy.
- How To Record Calls On iPhone!Thu, 23 Jul'20Sometimes it is extremely important to record calls so that we can listen to them at a future time, recording a call allows users to hold a proof for what was said on the call, while recording isn’t a feature most people would need and it isn’t even necessarily legal in all places, this feature can come very handy while talking something important. Recording a call can come very handy when you are talking to a customer service executive and you need to hold proof of what was occurred, it can also come handy when you speak to your friends and family and forget what was told.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9N₹8,499Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 8.1₹14,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreHonor Play₹11,999Add to compare
- 8.1spec scoreRealme 2 Pro₹10,599Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreSamsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2₹10,190Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO F5 Youth₹6,490Add to compare
- 8spec scoreNokia 6.1 Plus₹9,275Add to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9AAdd to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO A12₹9,990Add to compare
- Infinix Smart 4 Plus₹7,999Add to compare
- OPPO Reno4 Pro₹34,990Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare