Vivo X21 comes as a progression from the Vivo V9. Priced at 23,299, the phone will not look any different from the V9 but does have one specific change.
Vivo X21 comes with the new In-Display fingerprint scanner which works brilliantly and is quite futuristic. However, it does not have many changes from the V9, making it more of a rehashed phone rather than a newer one.
If you are a Vivo fan, the Vivo X21 will not come as a surprise. It has a few pros and cons:
- The phone has an in-Display fingerprint scanner that is very snappy.
- The Vivo X21 comes with a bright display and can give an immersive experience.
- The phone performance is quite smooth and is an advancement from the Vivo V9.
- The phone comes with a decent battery which keeps the fuel for an entire day.
- Vivo X21 looks almost identical to the Vivo V9
- It does not come with USB Type-C port
- The Vivo X21 has a mediocre set of cameras which is inferior to the Vivo V9
The Vivo X21 is a decent phone, but it does not look as a modification from the Vivo V9. It is only recommended for people who want a phone similar to Vivo V9 with an In-Display fingerprint scanner.
Vivo X21 has the snappy in-display touch making it ultra tech, but it does not come with any significant improvement over its twin, Vivo V9.
Similar to the Vivo V9, Vivo X21 has a 6.28-inch screen, but this one comes with a Super AMOLED screen. It arrives with a resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels. The screen is quite bright, and it does keep the fingerprint panel covered with its brightness. Indoors, the phone is quite legible and is capable enough to offer an immersive experience. Plus, the deep blacks and fantastic contrast takes the prize too. However, there are capacitive touch buttons which lower the screen space. One of the problems with this phone is that the legibility drops in harsh sunlight, and when it does, it might be challenging to spot the fingerprint scanner on display. However, once you get used to it, it won’t be a problem.
The Vivo X21 looks quite identical to the Vivo V9. It has a glossy rear back which is made of plastic and does not feel very premium. The phone comes with a thick notch on top similar to the Vivo V9. However, the phone sits comfortably in your hand. It is a tall phone, but you can manage it with one hand easily. One of the significant differences from the Vivo V9 is that this phone comes without a fingerprint scanner at the rear panel. It is quite an obvious choice since the main attraction of the Vivo X21 is the in-display fingerprint scanner hidden underneath the screen. One of the main drawbacks of the phone is that it still uses the micro USB port and not the new USB Type-C port. Otherwise, the phone remains handy and quite decent to hold on to. You won’t face any issues with the phone if you have already used the Vivo V9.
The Vivo X21 comes with a slightly better Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 unlike the Qualcomm Snapdragon 626 that Vivo V9 came with. The performance of this chipset is quite smooth. It can run multiple apps without facing any lags. App loading times are quite low as well. In the case of gaming, the phone can run casual games with ease. It does not face any problems even with high settings of the games. However, if you are playing high-end games, it might face some stutters. The games will be playable at low settings. One of the best features of the phone is the in-display fingerprint scanner. At first, the registering of your fingerprint can be slow but once registered. The fingerprint scanner is very snappy. It does not falter and opens the phone fast, demonstrating the speed of the processor. One of the problems with the phone is that the slider mechanism is not proper. In Vivo V9, there is an iPhone-like slider mechanism which allows you to hold the apps and multitask with background apps. Here, despite the option, the slider mechanism does not work, probably due to the placement of the fingerprint scanner. It is a bug which might be addressed by the company. However, in the case of typing, the touch response is faultless and quite sensitive.
In terms of camera, the phone has a dual camera setup on its back with a 12MP primary camera and a supporting secondary 5MP camera. Technically, the cameras are of a lower setting when compared with the Vivo V9, which comes with 16MP primary camera and a 5MP depth sensing. However, the photos clicked by Vivo X21 is decent enough. It does not lose out on the details of the subject, and the colours appear quite punchy too. Low-light shots can fumble a little, but it is not abysmal as you can still make sense of the subject, despite a bit of visible noise getting captured.
In the front, the phone comes with a 12MP selfie camera which is again a downgrade from the 24MP selfie camera of Vivo V9. The selfies come out ok but are not as sharp as the 24MP camera. It is quite social-media worthy, however.
The phone arrives with a 3200 mAh which is a tad bit smaller than the 3260 mAh battery that Vivo V9 came with. However, it does not cause any issue. The phone can easily go on through the day if intensive work in not done on it. The battery is quite capable for the display as well and does not drain that easily despite the 1080p display being a power-hungry one.
The Vivo X21 is a great phone with decent processors, excellent display and a powerful battery. However, it does not seem to be a significant modification over the Vivo X21. The only two features that it boasts of is the AMOLED display and the in-display fingerprint scanner. However, the scanner has made it difficult for sliding actions to work on this phone, unlike the V9. It is more like a gimmick. Hence, unless you are in only for fantastic display, the Vivo V9 is a better phone to go for, with better camera features too.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.29 inches
- Height6.08 inches
- Weight156.2 g
- ColorBlack, Aurora White, Ruby Red
- BuildFront glass, aluminum body
- Width2.94 inches
- Display TypeSuper AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.28 inches
- Pixel Density402 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 3
- Display Resolution1080 x 2280 pixels
- Aspect Ratio9:09
- Screen to Body Ratio85.20%
- CPUOcta-core (4x2.2 GHz Kryo 260 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 260)
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 (14 nm)
- GPUAdreno 512
- OSAndroid 8.1 (Oreo) Funtouch 4
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage64/128 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Dual Camera12 MP, f/1.8, 1/2.55, 1.4 micron5 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- AutofocusDual Pixel PDAF
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera12 MP, f/2.0
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio Features32-bit/192kHz audioActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3200 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 18W
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- SIMHybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Announced On2018, March
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, March
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Vivo X21
- Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!Sun, 20 Sep'20We all have grown up playing racing games all our life and these games are still very popular which is why these racing games are evergreen and everyone loves them. With smartphones becoming more and more powerful in recent times with highly powerful processors and GPUs, gaming on smartphones is much more fun than ever. And racing games being favorite of all here we list out the Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!
- Best Emulators For Playing Console Games On Android!Sat, 19 Sep'20The classic console games were a lot of fun back then and we enjoyed playing these on our consoles a lot. These games included Super Mario, Contra, Pokemon, Pac-MAN etc. Fortunately we have some emulators on Android that ca run these same classic console games on our Android smartphone, and here are the Best Emulators For Playing Console Games on Android!
- How To Watch IPL 2020 For Free On Your Mobile Phone?Tue, 15 Sep'20Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Top 5 Flagship Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowMon, 14 Sep'20When most people are buying a new smartphone, they consider a lot of factors to ensure that they make the right purchase decision for themselves, the price segment is an important aspect for purchase for the vast majority of the users. However, if you are not one among them and want the absolute best smartphone experience that money can buy, then we have compiled a list of the top 5 flagship smartphones that offer the most premium experience at a price.
- Top 5 Smart Watches You Can Buy In India Right Now!Thu, 10 Sep'20Smart Watches is a segment of the technology and wearable space that has seen a massive rise in the past few years, we’ve seen multiple iterations of the original Apple Watch over the years and also several Android Wear watches that have good integration with the Android smartphones. Samsung, Huami, Fitbit, and other brands have also launched multiple smartwatches that run on Tizen and other proprietary operating systems with good integration with both Android and iOS.
- 10 Best Apps To Learn Cooking On Android!Fri, 4 Sep'20Though there are hundreds of cooking apps to choose from, these cooking apps are top-rated and highly recommended owing to their unique features and also ease of use. All these apps have made everything handy, easy to follow, and quick. These apps also try to make the cooking experience more creative and enjoyable. Cooking apps are truly helpful not only for beginners but also for regular cooks. From breakfast to dinner, you can count on their recipes as they all provide irresistible recipes. You just need to get into the kitchen and follow them without any ifs or buts. They will surely lend a helping hand in the kitchen through their recipes.
- 10 Best Mobile Games That You Must Play In 2020!Fri, 4 Sep'20While everyone is staying home being safe, mobile gaming is something that has kept us entertained during this pandemic. Here we have listed out some of the best mobile games that you must not miss and should definitely try it out. All these games are free to download and are available on both Android and iOS app stores.
- Top 10 Best Gaming Phones In India – 2020 Edition!Thu, 3 Sep'20Gaming smartphones is a new segment that has recently developed into a massive interest for many, we have even started seeing several new devices come with budget gaming focussed processors such as the Snapdragon 765G by Qualcomm. However, if you are looking for the ultimate gaming smartphone then there’s more to consider than just the SoC on the smartphone, factors like the display, audio, and the overall software experience add up to offer the smoothest gaming experience. Here are the top 10 gaming smartphones to buy in 2020.
- Phone batteries may appear small in size, but they hold a lot of toxic chemicals that are hazardous to the environment and health. They can harm the soil in which they are buried and can even pollute the air. Disposing of them in the correct ways is a necessity, and here we discuss the best way to dispose of your smartphone’s battery, the Right way.
- The mid-range segment of smartphones was very limited until recent times and was mostly filled with offerings form Chinese manufacturers and other small companies. Until recent times there was no real competitor in the mid-range segment that was worth our suggestion, however, this has taken a massive turn in recent years with Google releasing a cheaper version of their Pixel flagship smartphone and Apple releasing a similar offering at a budget price. In the year 2020, we now have at least 3 major competitors – the Google Pixel 4a, iPhone SE, and the OnePlus Nord. Here’s how they compete against each other.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.7spec scoreSamsung Galaxy A30₹17,500Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreVivo X20 PlusAdd to compare
- 7.9spec scoreMotorola Moto Z3Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreVivo X23Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreSamsung Galaxy S8 Plus₹38,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreMeizu 16₹39,388Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreMotorola Moto Z3 PlayAdd to compare
- 7.9spec scoreVivo X21₹19,990Add to compare
- 8spec scoreiQOOAdd to compare
- 7.6spec scoreSamsung Galaxy A6SAdd to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme 7₹14,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreTecno Spark Go 2020₹6,499Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y20i₹11,490Add to compare
- 7.6spec scorePOCO M2₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 5.3₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreInfinix Note 7₹11,499Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 9i₹8,299Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO F17₹17,990Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Z Fold2₹149,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreSamsung Galaxy M51₹24,999Add to compare