The Vivo Y15S was launched in August 2015 and had a 4.5-inch touchscreen display with 854×480 pixels. Powered by a 1.3GHz Quad-Core processor with 1GB RAM and running on Android 5.1 operating system it has a battery backup of 1900 mAh. This device comes with Funtouch OS 2.1 based on Android 5.1 and has an 8GB inbuilt memory that can be expanded up to 128GB.
The Y15S rocks a 5MP rear camera and 2MP selfie camera and has several connectivity features like Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS, FM radio, and 3G. Sensors on the phone include accelerometer, gyroscope, and proximity sensor at just INR 7,070/-
Despite coming out five years earlier, the Y15S comes with ample storage and battery backup. However, this device lacks a 4G interface and has a low-resolution screen that can be a massive bummer in this beginner’s phone. Here’s a detailed set of pros and cons:
- Dual Sim
- Capacitive, Responsive MultiTouch Screen
- 1080p @ 30 fps FHD Video Recording
- Ample Memory Space
- Quad-Core CPU
- 10 hours of Battery Talk Time
- Overpriced according to its low features
- No 4G Support
- Small Resolution Screen
- Legibility issues due to Low PPI
Overall this smartphone specially built for budget users who are new to the Android interface and are looking for an average performing, yet sturdily built the phone.
The Vivo Y15S is a low-end, entry-level phone that has an average performance which cannot be recommended to the moderate and hard-core Android users.
The Y15S comes with a 4.5-inch display packed into a rather compact form factor having a 64.1% screen to body ratio. The device has the pixel density of 218 PPI and has a resolution of 854×480 pixels, making the images and the text reasonably challenging to read most of the times.
The Vivo Y15S measures 130.40 x 65.80 x 8.60mm and weighs 130.00 grams making it super light and handy in its stature. Available in Black and White colours, this phone lacks any distinctiveness in its plastic-clad pointy edged design.
This smartphone is powered by a 1.3 GHz, Quad Core Cortex A-7 processor. The CPU is accompanied by a Mali-400MP2 GPU that ensures that the graphics operations run smooth with an Android v5.1 (Lollipop) operating system. But because of its low-end build, this smartphone can work average for everyday usage and can suffer severe lags when graphics are accessed via this device.
The Vivo Y15S comes with a 5MP rear camera with autofocus, and 2MP selfie camera with Flash LED. It also features Geo tagging, Panorama, Touch to focus and is capable for Full HD video recording 1080p @ 30fps primarily. Honestly, it’s a passable camera with acceptable image qualities which can be easily surpassed in its standards by all of the recent phones in the market at this price range.
The Y25S is powered by a 1,900 mAh non-removable Li-Po battery which is powerful enough to keep the smartphone working throughout a fairly explicit day of use. It can provide 10 hours of talk time on 2G and 8 hours on 3G.
Overall, this phone can be one of the first buys for an entry-level Android user who would require it for primary usage without getting too much into graphics-rich gaming experience at a budget price.
- Bluetooth4.0, A2DP, EDR
- Thickness0.35 inches
- Height5.17 inches
- Weight130 g
- ColorWhite, Black
- Width2.61 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size4.5 inches
- Display Resolution480 x 854 pixels
- Pixel Density218 ppi
- Screen to Body Ratio64.10%
- CPUQuad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7
- OSAndroid 5.1 (Lollipop)
- Chipset GPMediatek MT6580 (28 nm)
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage8 GB, 1 GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- Single Camera5 MP
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera2 MP
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Battery Capacity1900 mAh
- Talk TimeUp to 10 h (2G) / Up to 8 h (3G)
- User ReplaceableRemovable
- Music TimeUp to 45 h
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USBmicroUSB 2.0 USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- SIMDual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA
- GPSYes, with A-GPS
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsAccelerometer, proximity, compass
- Announced On2015, August
- StatusAvailable. Released 2015, August
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Vivo Y15S
- Top 5 iOS Style Launchers For Android!Sun, 9 Aug'20While most users own an Android smartphone it is very likely they wish to get the experience of an iPhone. If you are one of those who like iPhone over Android but cannot afford one, you can use one of the below iPhone launchers to make your Android phone look like iPhone. Android comes with a lot of customization options in the UI using launchers and more, some of these launchers can bring an iPhone style interface to your Android phone at ease. The iPhone launchers give Android a very similar look by adding a similar wallpaper, replacing icons, and more.
- The Best Ways To Sell Your Old iPhone In 2020!Thu, 6 Aug'20The one thing about technology is that with each passing year, there certainly is an upgrade making the new better in terms of experience, endurance, and more. If you have an iPhone that you have been using for a few years and wish to upgrade now, you might want to sell off the old device and get whatever money you can for it. There are multiple places where you can sell or recycle your smartphone in exchange for cash or vouchers thereby making it easier for you to buy your new dream smartphone.
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
- How To Filter Netflix Kids Shows By Title And Age!Tue, 28 Jul'20If you are sharing your Netflix account with your kids, you might want to consider filter out the content that they are allowed to watch. Netflix has a lot of amazing shows, however, a lot of them have an 18+ rating and even more of them that require parental supervision. The popular streaming service now allows users to filter out kid's shows by title and the audience age group. Users can also secure their Netflix profile with a simple but effective four-digit pin to prevent children from accessing adult profiles.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra₹104,999Add to compare
- Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime₹9,999Add to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9A₹8,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO A12₹9,990Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare