With the 6 GB RAM and Snapdragon 653 to boast of, Cool Play 6 is a powerhouse in its own right in terms of performance. Games will tend to run pretty smoothly, not to mention any other loaded applications one could think of. While the likes of Oppo and Xiaomi will offer better cameras on their phones in the same price range, Cool Play 6 isn’t too shabby on the camera front although it isn’t exactly spectacular and will not thrill any photography enthusiasts.
While Xiaomi Note 4 might represent more value for money and Vivo V5 Plus and V7 might be equipped with better cameras, one shouldn’t take anything away from Coolpad when it comes to this offering as the phone is worth its price tag, for the most part, owing to its performance.
– Sturdy design, metal unibody design works very well in terms of ergonomics for the phone, although it is pretty much the standard for most phones in the same price range. The fingerprint scanner is also pretty fast and fluid.
– The display has good viewing angles and brightness levels.
– Coolpad gearing the Android up with their own Journey OS makes for a pretty neat addition.
– 6 GB RAM is quite a spectacular offering at this price range, meaning that the phone is quite the powerhouse when it comes to performance.
– The display is average when tested in outdoor conditions. There’s a lack of visibility.
– There is no fast charging support, meaning that even if it packs an impressive battery, it doesn’t exactly charge very fast.