- SIM Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Expandable Memory microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
Samsung Galaxy Folder 2
You May Also Explore
Most Compared Phones
- Apple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999VSApple iPhone 6S₹22,490Know More
- LG V35 ThinqVSApple iPhone 6S₹22,490Know More
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro₹14,499VSRealme 3 Pro₹12,330Know More
- OnePlus 6T₹30,990VSSamsung Galaxy S10e₹46,280Know More
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7₹9,999VSOPPO K1₹13,990Know More
- LG G7 Plus ThinQ₹18,999VSApple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999Know More
- OPPO F9₹17,890VSOnePlus 6₹34,999Know More
- Apple iPhone XR₹51,500VSApple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999Know More
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8₹39,990VSGoogle Pixel 2₹21,697Know More
- OnePlus 6T₹30,990VSApple iPhone XR₹51,500Know More
- OPPO A5s₹8,990VSApple iPhone XR₹51,500Know More
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5GVSOnePlus 7 Pro₹40,999Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSRealme 5 Pro₹13,999Know More
- Tecno Spark Power 2₹9,999VSMotorola One Fusion Plus₹16,999Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSApple iPhone 11 Pro Max₹115,100Know More
- Samsung Galaxy A31₹20,999VSSamsung Galaxy A71₹31,500Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSSamsung Galaxy S10 5GKnow More
- Samsung Galaxy M20₹11,499VSSamsung Galaxy M11₹11,839Know More
- Motorola One Action₹9,999VSMotorola Moto G8 Power Lite₹8,999Know More
Memory & Storage
- Classic flip phone design
- Excellent battery performance
- Decent enough processor for a flip phone
- Average camera for a flip phone
- Small screen size
- Processor and configuration falls short in today’s smartphone world
- Camera is below average if seen as compared to other smartphones
- Screen size is not compatible for heavy apps and heavy games
Released in September 2016, Samsung Galaxy Folder 2 is available at a starting price of Rs. 16,900 as of July 2019. This phone is Samsung’s attempt to bring back the classic flip phone. It has average features and a great battery life. The only reason it should perform well on the market is because of the flip phone design.
Galaxy Folder 2 is an attempt to bring back the old school flip phones. It has the same flip phone design but offers a touchscreen along with an attached keypad. The model is available in the three colours of wine red, black and gold. This Samsung model has 3 dedicated card slots for a dual sim and a micro SD card.
The phone has a TFT capacitive touchscreen display of 3.8 inches with a pixel resolution of 480 x 800 pixels and 16 M colours. It has an aspect ratio of 5:3 with a pixel density of 246 PPI and a screen to body ratio of 56%. Considering the fact that it is a rendition of flip flops, it has a good display with the added touch screen benefit which a majority of flip phones did not offer. But if you are looking for a phone with a big display and a high pixel resolution, this phone does not offer the same.
Samsung Folder 2 runs on a quad core 1.4 GHz Cortex A53 Adreno 308 processor with a chipset of Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425. This Samsung models runs on the previous Android version 6.0 Marshmallow. It has a 2 GB RAM with an internal storage of 16 GB, out of which around 10. 5 GB is free space which the user can use. The phone’s storage is expandable up to 256 GB through a dedicated micro SD card slot. This work can work through heavy usage without slowing down. However, as far as playing games as concerned, a lot of users do not find playing games or using certain apps convenient on a smaller display screen. The phone will give an excellent performance if you are looking at the moderate uses of a phone. Heavy usage will be supported by the model, but users refrain from it.
The model has a rear camera of 8MP with an aperture of f/1.9. It can record videos at 1080p at 30fps and has an LED flash for low light photography. The front camera is of an average 5 MP with an aperture of f/1.9. The camera is below average, and does not have a lot of features which smartphones today have. The phone is good for its flip phone charm, but if you are looking for a phone with a good camera, this is probably not the phone you should choose.
Galaxy Folder 2 runs on a removable Li-ion 1950 mAh battery which can be charged using a micro USB 2.0 wire. The phone does not support fast charging. For its display size of 3.8 inches, the battery performance is great. Even with heavy usage, the phone’s battery can last for a day.
For a flip phone, this model has a good display, an excellent battery performance and an average camera. Having this phone is more like acquiring a tokenist charm from the old school days of flip phones, but it will not fulfill all your heavy app needs. You will be left craving a smartphone with a big display, great camera and a good processor. If you think that the price is worth the features of the phone because of the flip phone design style, you might opt to purchase it. But if you want all the much wanted above average smartphone features much more aligned to modern day daily usage, you can find better phones within this price range.