The Vivo V9 Pro is a modified version of Vivo V9, though it may not look like it. Priced at Rs. 16,540, the Vivo V9 Pro comes with some necessary changes that will keep it active.
The Vivo V9 Pro packs a bit of grunt which goes beyond what the Vivo V9 had under its hood. Plus, the phone keeps a good juice pack to pair it up. However, the phone is suitable for power packets only since it drops in the camera quality, even demoting from the Vivo V9.
The Vivo V9 Pro will not surprise you if you have been actively following Vivo V9, it has a few pros and cons:
- The phone comes with a potent processor which is blazing fast and can keep its own even when put under intensive app use.
- The Vivo V9 Pro comes with a massive battery that can give you more than a day’s worth of juice.
- The phone has speedy face recognition.
- The Vivo V9 Pro comes with a redundant design, similar to Vivo V9.
- The Vivo V9 Pro has weak sets of cameras.
The Vivo V9 Pro is a qualified phone in terms of performance but struggles in the camera department. It can be recommended phone for power seekers since it comes with both good battery and processor.
The Vivo V9 Pro pushes in the performance department but pulls back with the cameras, thereby coming as just a power-packer without the matching photography capabilities.
The 6.3-inch IPS display with a full-HD+ resolution. The bezels present around the screen are quite thin, but it does have a thick chin. However, the phone remains quite bright and vibrant. It can even be used outside without a problem. The viewing angles are quite decent, so you can spot the phone from extreme angles too. So, if you want, you can watch movies on this handset, and it will give you an immersive experience.
The Vivo V9 Pro almost looks like the V9. It is a sleek model with curved sides that make it easy to hold. The phone weighs around 150g, which is quite decent – neither too light to seem flimsy nor too heavy. The phone is of the plastic build. The bottom of the phone hosts the headphone jack along with a micro USB port. The top, however, remains quite bare. In general, the phone does give out with a rich look. It even has a fingerprint scanner which works fast too.
The V9 Pro arrives with a Snapdragon 660 processor paired with 6GB RAM. The processor is quite speedy. The fingerprint scanner is quite speedy as well, and its speed is only seconded by the fast Face Unlock. The apps run smoothly on this set without any lag. Multitasking is fast and fun. There is no case of lagging in case of exciting games too. The loading time of games is quite fast as well. The efficient processor shows its power in the benchmark scores too, getting around 5486 points on Geekbench.
Vivo Pro has gone for a 13MP camera along with a 2MP depth sensor which is a downfall from the 16MP and 5MP combo of Vivo V9. The selfie camera has also gone down from 24 MP to 16MP. Hence, the photos became a hit or miss. In daylight, the images appear bright but zooming in, the details started to lose their lunch. The macros were good, but the focus took time to stick on the details. Edge detection was quite unreliable too. Low-light performance was abysmal, with the images turning out to be grainy. Selfie camera performance was similar manner. Though in the daylight, the selfies came out well, low-light selfies were grainy. You’d require the help of a screen flash for better low-light selfies.
Video recording was maxed out at 1080p for both front and rear camera. V9, on the other hand, could record 4K too. There is no stabilisation, and so, you get jerky footage.
The Vivo V9 Pro comes with a 3260mAh battery. It is quite adequate juice pack which keeps chugging for about 10 hours and 8 minutes in an HD battery loop test. During gaming, battery drain was kept low – playing games like PUBG for half an hour, using Google Maps, and video streaming found the battery saver start up at 9 pm. Lighter use can keep it alive for more than a day. All in all, the battery is quite efficient for the phone and will not give you the dreaded battery anxiety.
Vivo V9 is a hit and a miss. It comes with a great processor and RAM for brilliant multitasking. However, it goes down on the camera department delivering a poor photographic experience. In the design area, both V9 and V9 promise the same. If you want performance from your phone, then V9 Pro is the phone to go for. Otherwise, V9 is your ideal match if you are a photographer.
- Bluetooth4.2, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.31 inches
- Height6.09 inches
- Weight150 g
- ColorBlack, Nebula Purple
- BuildPlastic body
- Width2.95 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.3 inches
- Pixel Density400 ppi
- Display Resolution1080 x 2280 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19:09
- Screen to Body Ratio85.30%
- CPUOcta-core (4x2.2 GHz Kryo 260 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 260)
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 (14 nm)
- GPUAdreno 512
- OSAndroid 8.1 (Oreo) Funtouch 4
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage64 GB, 4/6 GB RAM
- Dual Camera13 MP, f/2.22 MP, depth sensor
- Back Camera FeaturesDual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p30fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera16 MP, f/2.0 Primary Camera
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3260 mAh
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio, recording
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2018, June
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, October
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Vivo V9 Pro
- Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!Sun, 20 Sep'20We all have grown up playing racing games all our life and these games are still very popular which is why these racing games are evergreen and everyone loves them. With smartphones becoming more and more powerful in recent times with highly powerful processors and GPUs, gaming on smartphones is much more fun than ever. And racing games being favorite of all here we list out the Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!
- Best Emulators For Playing Console Games On Android!Sat, 19 Sep'20The classic console games were a lot of fun back then and we enjoyed playing these on our consoles a lot. These games included Super Mario, Contra, Pokemon, Pac-MAN etc. Fortunately we have some emulators on Android that ca run these same classic console games on our Android smartphone, and here are the Best Emulators For Playing Console Games on Android!
- How To Watch IPL 2020 For Free On Your Mobile Phone?Tue, 15 Sep'20Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Top 5 Flagship Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowMon, 14 Sep'20When most people are buying a new smartphone, they consider a lot of factors to ensure that they make the right purchase decision for themselves, the price segment is an important aspect for purchase for the vast majority of the users. However, if you are not one among them and want the absolute best smartphone experience that money can buy, then we have compiled a list of the top 5 flagship smartphones that offer the most premium experience at a price.
- Top 5 Smart Watches You Can Buy In India Right Now!Thu, 10 Sep'20Smart Watches is a segment of the technology and wearable space that has seen a massive rise in the past few years, we’ve seen multiple iterations of the original Apple Watch over the years and also several Android Wear watches that have good integration with the Android smartphones. Samsung, Huami, Fitbit, and other brands have also launched multiple smartwatches that run on Tizen and other proprietary operating systems with good integration with both Android and iOS.
- 10 Best Apps To Learn Cooking On Android!Fri, 4 Sep'20Though there are hundreds of cooking apps to choose from, these cooking apps are top-rated and highly recommended owing to their unique features and also ease of use. All these apps have made everything handy, easy to follow, and quick. These apps also try to make the cooking experience more creative and enjoyable. Cooking apps are truly helpful not only for beginners but also for regular cooks. From breakfast to dinner, you can count on their recipes as they all provide irresistible recipes. You just need to get into the kitchen and follow them without any ifs or buts. They will surely lend a helping hand in the kitchen through their recipes.
- 10 Best Mobile Games That You Must Play In 2020!Fri, 4 Sep'20While everyone is staying home being safe, mobile gaming is something that has kept us entertained during this pandemic. Here we have listed out some of the best mobile games that you must not miss and should definitely try it out. All these games are free to download and are available on both Android and iOS app stores.
- Top 10 Best Gaming Phones In India – 2020 Edition!Thu, 3 Sep'20Gaming smartphones is a new segment that has recently developed into a massive interest for many, we have even started seeing several new devices come with budget gaming focussed processors such as the Snapdragon 765G by Qualcomm. However, if you are looking for the ultimate gaming smartphone then there’s more to consider than just the SoC on the smartphone, factors like the display, audio, and the overall software experience add up to offer the smoothest gaming experience. Here are the top 10 gaming smartphones to buy in 2020.
- Phone batteries may appear small in size, but they hold a lot of toxic chemicals that are hazardous to the environment and health. They can harm the soil in which they are buried and can even pollute the air. Disposing of them in the correct ways is a necessity, and here we discuss the best way to dispose of your smartphone’s battery, the Right way.
- The mid-range segment of smartphones was very limited until recent times and was mostly filled with offerings form Chinese manufacturers and other small companies. Until recent times there was no real competitor in the mid-range segment that was worth our suggestion, however, this has taken a massive turn in recent years with Google releasing a cheaper version of their Pixel flagship smartphone and Apple releasing a similar offering at a budget price. In the year 2020, we now have at least 3 major competitors – the Google Pixel 4a, iPhone SE, and the OnePlus Nord. Here’s how they compete against each other.
- POCO X3Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme 7₹14,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreTecno Spark Go 2020₹6,499Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y20i₹11,490Add to compare
- 7.6spec scorePOCO M2₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreInfinix Note 7₹11,499Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 5.3₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Z Fold2₹149,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 9i₹8,299Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO F17₹17,990Add to compare