The Xiaomi Black Shark 2 is Xiaomi’s attempt to capture the gaming audience with a lower price range. Priced at Rs. 39,999, the Xiaomi Black Shark 2 has the looks and the power to be considered as a gaming phone.
However, the phone does falter when compared to ROG. Otherwise, it stays at the top in what it does, coming with a fast processor and great display. It is a great affordable gaming phone to go for.
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 makes its mark as a gaming phone by Xiaomi. It has the following pros and cons:
- The phone has an aggressive gaming design built to impress the gaming crowd.
- The Xiaomi Black Shark 2 arrives with a sharp AMOLED Display which presents the colours of the games wonderfully.
- The phone has a killer performance suited for playing high-end games.
- The battery of this phone holds enough juice to keep chugging for an entire day or more.
- The phone does not come with NFC.
- It does have an IP rating for waterproofing.
- The cameras on this phone are quite mediocre.
The Xiaomi Black Shark 2 stands out as a gaming phone is a lower price than the ROG handset. It remains capable of handling the heat generated and hence, it is an all-round gaming device to purchase.
Xiaomi’s gaming phone Black Shark 2 adds a lot of grunt in its performance and brings the oomph factor in its display, becoming an accomplished gaming phone.
The Xiaomi Black Shark 2 has a 6.39-inches Full HD+ display with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio. It also has an in-display fingerprint scanner present just like Huawei P30 Pro and OnePlus 6T. The phone comes with an AMOLED screen which adds a lot of punch to the phone. It has a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. The responsive is excellent but not as good for games like PUBG. The colour accuracy is quite vibrant. There is a bit of hyper-saturation, especially when the games require it, but switching to Home screen tones it down automatically. The phone features an Eye Comfort mode that lowers the blue-light emission of the phone. There is also the Video HDR mode that upscales the general dynamic range and Super Cinema mode that boosts frame rates and optimize video playback quality. However, the phone isn’t flawless. The ambient light tends to be laggy and can get dark in bright environments.
Black Shark 2 is one of the aggressive looking phones of Xiaomi. It has around a 15g bump in weight from the previous Black Shark, but remains slim at 8.8mm. The phone does not feel very chunky. The look is similar to the Batmobile-style of Black Shark. There is heavy bevelling, and there is a green trimming on the front that grabs light and glints, giving it a premium look. At the back, the phone has a dual camera module which looks like two beady eyes and settles in two different materials – glass and matte metal. The Black Shark logo lights up with a spectrum of RGB colours. The volume rocker is present on the left, and the power button is present on the right. At the base, there is a USB Type-C port. The phone does not have a 3.5mm headphone jack. The only problem is the lack of water resistance. There is no NFC either.
The Black Shark 2 sports a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 chipset along with a 6GB or 12GB RAM. It is a powerful chipset, and it can run 3D games without a problem. The phone also has liquid cooling systems to keep the heat low, unless you ramp it up in the Ludicrous Mode in the Game Dock settings. The lack of NFC is one of the problems with the phone. Gaming is where the real fun begins with this phone. It has a pressure sensitive screen which vibrates to give you an immersive experience. The phone comes with Game Docs which bring up different game tools that will help you to help you customize the gaming environment and have an extra edge in gaming processes. You can even overclock the GPU and CPU to have ultimate gaming experience. However, it may warm up the phone. The speakers are brilliant on this phone as well and are plenty loud to give you an all-round gaming experience.
The phone comes with a 48MP primary camera with an f/1.8 aperture and a secondary supporting camera of 12MP with an f/2.2 aperture with 2x zoom. In ideal conditions, the images come out sharp and pleasing. However, there is a bit of contrast and over-sharpening, which makes it look a bit artificial. The black areas look flat despite the AMOLED screen. In low-light, however, the camera was able to cope with the changes. The images do not look brightened up and preserve the natural colours.
The phone has a front camera of 20 megapixels. It is a decent selfie camera which produces images with a lot of bright colours. There are enough details in the photos. However, the dynamic range is not great for both rear and selfie cameras.
The video is recorded at around 4K resolution. It has electronic Image stabilization which works well with the videos. In ideal light, the telephoto camera gets activated. Low-light footage is ok but can get a bit grainy.
The Black Shark 2 arrives with a 4,000mAh battery. It is quite a heavy model and is quite adequate for the AMOLED screen as well as the Snapdragon 855 chipset. Running a FUll HD video for 90 minutes in maxed brightness found that the battery drained only about 8%. It is surprising since it shows a very efficient battery under the hood. The phone does not come with wireless charging but has fast charging, which can get it charged within 2 hours. Battery Saver modes include limiting of vibrations and background data activity.
The Black Shark 2 has a few flaws, most of which are on account of lacking waterproofing and NFC features. As a gaming phone, Asus ROG may be pricier and better performing phone with a robust design. However, at a lower price, the Black Shark 2 packs a punch. It has the oomph in the design and a fantastic display. The stealer, of course, remains the battery and the performance couple – the pair is designed to give you the best experience in gaming. Camera-wise, the phone is quite good, but since it is a gaming phone, cameras have not been a top priority for it. For gamers looking for a gaming phone, Black Shark 2 has everything that will serve their purpose. However, if you are not a gamer, then you could go for Xiaomi Mi 9 for a lower battery but similar specification – minus the aggressive gamer-inspired design.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- Thickness0.35 inches
- Height6.44 inches
- Weight205 g
- ColorBlack, Silver, Blue
- BuildGlass front, aluminum back, aluminum frame
- Width2.95 inches
- Display TypeAMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.39 inches
- Pixel Density403 ppi
- Display Resolution1080 x 2340 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19.5:9
- Screen to Body Ratio81.70%
- CPUOcta-core (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 485 3x2.41 GHz Kryo 485 4x1.78 GHz Kryo 485)
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm)
- GPUAdreno 640
- OSAndroid 9.0 (Pie)
- Expandable MemoryNo
- RAM/Internal Storage256 GB, 8/12 GB RAM, 128 GB, 6/8 GB RAM
- Dual Camera48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2, 0.8 micron12 MP, f/2.2, (telephoto), 1.0 micron, 2x optical zoom
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p30fps, 720p120fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera20 MP, f/2.0, 0.9 micron
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity4000 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 27W
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USB2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Network SupportGSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2019, March
- StatusAvailable. Released 2019, March
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Xiaomi Black Shark 2
- Monthly Round-up Of Smartphones Launched in August 2020!Sat, 26 Sep'20The August month of 2020 was full of exciting launches of new mobile phones. There were 15 new launches in total and some took the market by surprise and filled people with excitement while others didn't have such an impact. Here are all the new smartphones that were announced in August 2020.
- Bluetooth Headsets have become quite common over the recent few years given the fact that most premium smartphones have decided to stop including the 3.5mm audio jack. Several smartphone manufacturers have launched Wireless headsets of their own to capture a fair share of the market. However, one question that has not been answered for several years is how does one decide between Bluetooth Headphones or True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds.
- Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!Sun, 20 Sep'20We all have grown up playing racing games all our life and these games are still very popular which is why these racing games are evergreen and everyone loves them. With smartphones becoming more and more powerful in recent times with highly powerful processors and GPUs, gaming on smartphones is much more fun than ever. And racing games being favorite of all here we list out the Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!
- Best Emulators For Playing Console Games On Android!Sat, 19 Sep'20The classic console games were a lot of fun back then and we enjoyed playing these on our consoles a lot. These games included Super Mario, Contra, Pokemon, Pac-MAN etc. Fortunately we have some emulators on Android that ca run these same classic console games on our Android smartphone, and here are the Best Emulators For Playing Console Games on Android!
- How To Watch IPL 2020 For Free On Your Mobile Phone?Tue, 15 Sep'20Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Top 5 Flagship Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowMon, 14 Sep'20When most people are buying a new smartphone, they consider a lot of factors to ensure that they make the right purchase decision for themselves, the price segment is an important aspect for purchase for the vast majority of the users. However, if you are not one among them and want the absolute best smartphone experience that money can buy, then we have compiled a list of the top 5 flagship smartphones that offer the most premium experience at a price.
- Top 5 Smart Watches You Can Buy In India Right Now!Thu, 10 Sep'20Smart Watches is a segment of the technology and wearable space that has seen a massive rise in the past few years, we’ve seen multiple iterations of the original Apple Watch over the years and also several Android Wear watches that have good integration with the Android smartphones. Samsung, Huami, Fitbit, and other brands have also launched multiple smartwatches that run on Tizen and other proprietary operating systems with good integration with both Android and iOS.
- 10 Best Apps To Learn Cooking On Android!Fri, 4 Sep'20Though there are hundreds of cooking apps to choose from, these cooking apps are top-rated and highly recommended owing to their unique features and also ease of use. All these apps have made everything handy, easy to follow, and quick. These apps also try to make the cooking experience more creative and enjoyable. Cooking apps are truly helpful not only for beginners but also for regular cooks. From breakfast to dinner, you can count on their recipes as they all provide irresistible recipes. You just need to get into the kitchen and follow them without any ifs or buts. They will surely lend a helping hand in the kitchen through their recipes.
- 10 Best Mobile Games That You Must Play In 2020!Fri, 4 Sep'20While everyone is staying home being safe, mobile gaming is something that has kept us entertained during this pandemic. Here we have listed out some of the best mobile games that you must not miss and should definitely try it out. All these games are free to download and are available on both Android and iOS app stores.
- Top 10 Best Gaming Phones In India – 2020 Edition!Thu, 3 Sep'20Gaming smartphones is a new segment that has recently developed into a massive interest for many, we have even started seeing several new devices come with budget gaming focussed processors such as the Snapdragon 765G by Qualcomm. However, if you are looking for the ultimate gaming smartphone then there’s more to consider than just the SoC on the smartphone, factors like the display, audio, and the overall software experience add up to offer the smoothest gaming experience. Here are the top 10 gaming smartphones to buy in 2020.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 8.3spec scoreOPPO Reno 10x Zoom₹41,990Add to compare
- 8spec scoreXiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro₹14,990Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreHuawei P20 ProAdd to compare
- 8.3spec scoreXiaomi Mi 9Add to compare
- 8.1spec scoreXiaomi Mi 9 SeAdd to compare
- 7.9spec scoreVivo X27Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreLenovo Z6 Pro₹31,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scorePOCO X3₹16,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme 7₹14,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreTecno Spark Go 2020₹6,499Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y20i₹11,490Add to compare
- 7.6spec scorePOCO M2₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreInfinix Note 7₹11,499Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 5.3₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.1spec scoreMotorola Moto E7 Plus₹9,499Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreRealme Narzo 20 Pro₹14,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreRealme Narzo 20A₹8,499Add to compare