With a good look and a promise to deliver, the LG Q7 Plus is a phone that can grace the midrange market with the LG potential. Priced at Rs. 17,990, the phone is hardy from its exterior and comes with a few excellent features too.
With a military standard hardy design, the phone has a great battery and capable display paired with it. However, the cameras and performance of the phone are not up to the mark, thereby delivering a mediocre phone in the midrange market.
LG Q7 Plus comes off as a sturdy phone. It has a few pros and cons:
- The phone comes with a robust design.
- It has an IP68 rating of waterproof and dustproof as well as military standard shock resistance.
- It has a potent battery life that chugs through the entire day.
- The phone has a mediocre Display with poor contrast ratio.
- The system performance on this phone is below average.
The cameras on this phone produce poor images both in daylight and low-light situations.
Overall, the phone is quite average. While it can handle daily tasks, the phone does not stand in the fierce competition of its competitors. It is not a recommended model.
The LG Q7 Plus is a mixed bag with the LG-promised hardy design, but mediocre display, performance and cameras, making it an overall disappointment.
LG Q7 Plus has a 5.5-inch IPS screen. It comes with a resolution of 2160×1080 pixels and an average brightness level that goes around 420 cd/m². It is not a display suitable for mid-range handsets. The brightness distribution on this phone is also quite average with about 89%. LG Q7 Plus’ screen has a contrast ratio of 743:1 and a black value of 0.58, both of which are below average. Outdoors, the phone can be used well, but harsh sunlight can diminish legibility to a high degree. The phone has satisfying viewing angles and does not distort at extreme angles.
LG Q7 Plus is placed in a metal case which has an acrylic-glass like finish. One primary camera, along with a fingerprint sensor, is placed on the rear panel of this handset. The phone has metal sides which hold the secure physical buttons on it. As per protection and durability, the phone has IP68 certified water and dust proofing. Plus, the phone is also shock resistant with MIL-STD 810G military standard. However, the phone tends to attract scratches too. While twisting the case, the phone helped together and showed that it is quite sturdy. It also has a headphone jack making it an excellent find for traditionalists.
LG Q7 Plus is powered by a MediaTek MT6750 chipset along with an ARM Mali T860 MP2 GPU which keeps the system chugging. Plus, the phone has 4GB RAM as well. However, the low-tier processor does start to act up. While essential apps can run well, and you can even engage in multitasking, intensive tasks may slow down the phone. The touch response is also a bit jittery. The GPU can run games well, as long as they are low-tier. Fluid performance from games like Asphalt 8 can only be expected at low settings. Even web browsing tends to be a bit slow.
LG Q7 Plus arrives with a 16 MP primary camera and an 8 MP selfie camera. The selfies turn out to be quite decent, though, due to the fixed focus, the subject can get blurry. There is a portrait mode, but it just adjusts the sharpness level of the background. The primary camera can collect enough details during daylight to get you solid shots. The QLens AI is also integrated, which recognise the content of the image. The details are a bit blurry when the panorama is concerned, but there were some clear distinctions recognisable with colour differences between dark and light areas. Close-us are rich are detailed, but the colours look pale. In dim conditions, the phone performs worse and delivers poor quality of images.
Videos were of similar quality with the image stabiliser doing an excellent job to control handshakes.
The LG Q7+ has a 3000 mAh battery which can offer you an entire day’s worth of charge. It has a runtime of more than 10 hours, which is quite decent. So, with light to moderate use, you can expect it to keep chugging for a day easily. It can charge from 0-100% within 2 hours, which shows its fast-charging efficiency.
Q7 Plus is a mixed bag. It has a great battery and a decent hardy look, but that’s all that the phone has to offer. While the performance is passable, it does fall in the standards set by its competitors. The camera shots were quite average and did not impress at all. Even for an LG fan, this phone is not an ideal match. So, if you are looking for a hard performer along with a good decent camera, you should opt for other phones in the market.
- Bluetooth4.2, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.33 inches
- Height5.66 inches
- Weight145 g
- ColorLavender Violet
- ColorAurora Black, Moroccan Blue, Lavender Violet
- Width2.73 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Display Size5.25 inch to 5.5 inch
- Screen Size5.5 inches
- Display Resolution1080 x 2160 pixels
- Pixel Density442 ppi
- Screen to Body Ratio77.30%
- CPUOcta-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53
- OSAndroid 8.1 (Oreo)
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450
- RAM4 GB RAM
- GPUAdreno 506
- Storage64 GB
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 1 TB (dedicated slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, panorama, HDR
- Single Camera16 MP
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera8 MP, f/1.9, 1/4, 1.12 micron
- Audio FeaturesDTS: X Surround SoundActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Battery Capacity3000 mAh
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity2800 mAh to 3000 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 15W (Pump Express)
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USB2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- RadioStereo FM radio with RDS
- SIMSingle SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Water ResistantIP68 dust/water proof (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Announced On2018, May
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, June
Price / Buy
Get the best price for LG Q7 Plus
- Best Android One Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowWed, 19 Feb'20When you are out in the market for a new smartphone you expect the new smartphone should come with the least possible bloatware so that it can deliver the maximum performance. Right now this is only possible with Pixel devices from Google that offers clean stock Android version with no third-party app installed. And that’s…
- Galaxy A70e Renders Leaked!Tue, 18 Feb'20It seems Samsung is about to launch the successor to the Galaxy A70s by the name of Galaxy A70e. A few renders of the A70e have leaked and are doing the rounds on the internet. The leaks are courtesy of the famous leaker @OnLeaks. Based on information from him and the leaked renders, the phone…
- The Best Smartphones You Can Buy In India In 2020Mon, 17 Feb'20Smartphones and gadgets play an important role in one’s life in the current generations. One tends to use them for work, for casual usage, for gaming, media consumption, and whatnot. Life without a phone even for a day is like, life without food for a month. While there are a variety of phones available in…
- Samsung Galaxy S20 First ImpressionsMon, 17 Feb'20Samsung has launched a new trio of phones in the Galaxy S20 Series for the year 2020, these include the Galaxy S20, the S20 Plus and the Galaxy S20 Ultra with that hybrid 100x zooming capabilities. But that is not we will be focussing on here, while most of the people will be buying the…
- iQoo 3 AnTuTu Benchmark Scores Better Than iPhone 11?!Mon, 17 Feb'20The iQoo 3 is expected to launch in India on February 25th, the same day as its debut in China. It’ll also mark the entry of iQOO in India. The iQOO 3 is about to become India’s first Snapdragon 865 and 5G support. It’s expected to be a quick and powerful phone. This is now…
- OnePlus 8 Finally Shows Up On GeekbenchFri, 14 Feb'20A device with the codename IN2025 has gone through Geekbench and this might be the vanilla OnePlus 8. It’s powered by a Snapdragon 865 chipset (“kona”) just like the OnePlus 8 Pro, and therefore the Geekbench score of both the devices is similar. But notice the RAM – it’s 8GB while the professional model packed…
- Realme X50 Pro 5G To Have 65W(!) Fast ChargingFri, 14 Feb'20Since MWC has been canceled, Realme is holding a web launch event for the X50 Pro 5G on February 24. Earlier it was alleged to take the wraps off it in Barcelona at the conference. The phone has now been confirmed by Realme to have 65W fast charging, which uses the recently trademarked SuperDart brand.…
- Xiaomi Launches Mi 10 And Mi 10 Pro In ChinaThu, 13 Feb'20Xiaomi has finally launched the Mi 10 in China, which is a successor to the Mi 9 smartphone. The 5G device ships with the newest Android 10 OS. Read also: Redmi 8A Dual Launched in India Xiaomi Mi 10 Specifications and Features The latest Xiaomi Mi 10 features a curved 6.7-inch AMOLED display with 1,120…
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip First ImpressionsWed, 12 Feb'20Samsung has just unveiled its latest folding phone, and this comes with a completely new visual design, which has a mechanism pretty similar to the infamous Motorola Razr Fold. It features the new Ultra-Thin Glass has a better hinge mechanism and more, and also It is coming pretty soon to India. While there are some…
- How To Move Your Data From Android To iPhoneWed, 12 Feb'20Right Now there are only two major operating systems for a smartphone which are Android and iOS. And you get unlimited options if you want an Android device while iOS is only available on iPhones. So the people who have been using iOS and iPhones for a while are tempted to switch to Android devices…
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Poco X2₹15,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreOPPO F15₹19,990Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreSamsung Galaxy A71Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 6.2₹13,349Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreMotorola Razr 2019Add to compare
- 7.3spec scoreRealme 5i₹8,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Redmi K30Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreLG G8X ThinQAdd to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo V17₹22,990Add to compare
- 8spec scoreVivo Z1 Pro₹12,990Add to compare