The trio of phones announced by Nokia in the Spring of 2017 have left a significant mark on the entire Smartphone Ecosystem. Nokia 5 is the middle child – amongst the Nokia 3 and 6 – of that poignant and entrepreneurial endeavour. The Nokia 5, Tempered Blue, 16GB (2GB RAM) runs for Rs. 8,999. It comes with a 5.2 inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display with 720 x 1280 pixels at 282 PPI (pixels per inch). This flagship is powered by Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430 Octa-core processor and comes with 2/3GB RAM. It also has 32/64 gigs of internal storage that can be expanded up to 400GB with a microSD card. The phone runs Android 8.1 and a 2000mAh non-removable battery. It measures 149.7 x 72.5 x 8 mm and weighs 160gm. Further, it also houses a 13 MP primary camera on the rear and an 8 MP front shooter for selfies.
The phone comes with a sleek design and a dependable long battery life. The Nokia 5 has its shortcomings though, having neither a highly efficient processor chipset nor an IP68 rating for dust and water resistance.
|Sleek-looking exterior||No Water or dust resistance|
|Snapdragon 430 processor|
|Long battery life|
The phone that brings you the features of a flagship at a very low price.
The Nokia 5 has a 5.2 inch IPS LCD screen covered by Gorilla Glass. This display runs a 720p resolution which is not too bad for your day-to-day use but better can be expected in this price range.
The phone is made of solid aluminium, unlike the plastic builder the Nokia 3. It comes in a matte black finish, with rounded edges and a curved back, giving a smoother vibe than the sharp-edged Nokia 6. Nokia has included a front mounted fingerprint sensor that acts as a home key. It’s surrounded by two well-labelled backlit touch keys for navigation.
The 16 gigs of internal storage can be pretty tight and Nokia has addressed that with the inclusion of an expandable memory through a microSD card. Just like its brothers, on the Nokia 5, there is no dust or water resistance. Further, all three of the Nokia phones use micro USB ports instead of the now commonplace Type C ports. The Nokia 5 has a single speaker at the bottom which is distortion-free and loud enough at max volume. With a 3.5 mm jack, you can plug in headphones and listen to the built-in FM radio as well.
Just like the Nokia 6, the Nokia 5 runs a Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor chipset with a 3 GB RAM. Although the phone performs better in efficiency tests than even the Nokia 6, primarily owing to its less demanding screen resolution, it falls on par with other mid-range competitors.
The Nokia 5 has a 13 MP main camera with a f2.0 aperture. Pictures are nice, sharp, and detailed, and there’s little visible noise. However, we are left wishing for a wider dynamic range because of the inconvenient use of the HDR mode, which works as an improvisation to counter the problem.
The 8 MP selfie cam has an autofocus a feature which is hard to find in this price range. The Nokia 5 records video at 1080p at 30 frames per second. However, there’s no 60 fps option. Videos have a lot of detail, textures look natural, and the final footage is quite good.
The Nokia 6 survives with a battery of 2000 mAH power which, as is turns out, is another feature it shares with the Nokia 5. Charging is relatively slow as you get about 1/4 of the battery in 30 minutes. The Nokia 5 runs on the latest Android OS with a Nokia overlay.
At the end of the day, the Nokia 5 is a decent phone. But is it a better deal than the Nokia 6, owing to the small gap in price between the two? With the Nokia 6, you get a higher resolution screen, more internal memory, stereo speakers and a faster charging battery.
On the other hand, the Nokia 5 has a longer battery life, a better camera and it offers you a chance to save up and not spend on the exorbitant the price tags that other smartphones carry.
- Bluetooth4.1, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.31 inches
- Height5.89 inches
- Weight160 g
- ColorTempered Blue, Silver, Matte Black, Copper
- BuildFront glass, aluminum body
- Width2.85 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.2 inches
- Pixel Density282 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass (unspecified version)
- Display Resolution720 x 1280 pixels
- Screen to Body Ratio68.70%
- CPUOcta-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset GPQualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430 (28 nm)
- GPUAdreno 505
- OSAndroid 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage16 GB, 2/3 GB RAM
- Single Camera13 MP, f/2.0, 1/3, 1.12 micron
- Back Camera FeaturesDual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera8 MP, f/2.0, 1/4, 1.12 micron
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3000 mAh
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS
- SIMSingle SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2017, February
- StatusAvailable. Released 2017, July
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Nokia 5
Get the best price for Nokia 5
- Monthly Round-up Of Smartphones Launched in August 2020!Sat, 26 Sep'20The August month of 2020 was full of exciting launches of new mobile phones. There were 15 new launches in total and some took the market by surprise and filled people with excitement while others didn't have such an impact. Here are all the new smartphones that were announced in August 2020.
- Bluetooth Headsets have become quite common over the recent few years given the fact that most premium smartphones have decided to stop including the 3.5mm audio jack. Several smartphone manufacturers have launched Wireless headsets of their own to capture a fair share of the market. However, one question that has not been answered for several years is how does one decide between Bluetooth Headphones or True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds.
- Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!Sun, 20 Sep'20We all have grown up playing racing games all our life and these games are still very popular which is why these racing games are evergreen and everyone loves them. With smartphones becoming more and more powerful in recent times with highly powerful processors and GPUs, gaming on smartphones is much more fun than ever. And racing games being favorite of all here we list out the Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!
- Best Emulators For Playing Console Games On Android!Sat, 19 Sep'20The classic console games were a lot of fun back then and we enjoyed playing these on our consoles a lot. These games included Super Mario, Contra, Pokemon, Pac-MAN etc. Fortunately we have some emulators on Android that ca run these same classic console games on our Android smartphone, and here are the Best Emulators For Playing Console Games on Android!
- How To Watch IPL 2020 For Free On Your Mobile Phone?Tue, 15 Sep'20Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Top 5 Flagship Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowMon, 14 Sep'20When most people are buying a new smartphone, they consider a lot of factors to ensure that they make the right purchase decision for themselves, the price segment is an important aspect for purchase for the vast majority of the users. However, if you are not one among them and want the absolute best smartphone experience that money can buy, then we have compiled a list of the top 5 flagship smartphones that offer the most premium experience at a price.
- Top 5 Smart Watches You Can Buy In India Right Now!Thu, 10 Sep'20Smart Watches is a segment of the technology and wearable space that has seen a massive rise in the past few years, we’ve seen multiple iterations of the original Apple Watch over the years and also several Android Wear watches that have good integration with the Android smartphones. Samsung, Huami, Fitbit, and other brands have also launched multiple smartwatches that run on Tizen and other proprietary operating systems with good integration with both Android and iOS.
- 10 Best Apps To Learn Cooking On Android!Fri, 4 Sep'20Though there are hundreds of cooking apps to choose from, these cooking apps are top-rated and highly recommended owing to their unique features and also ease of use. All these apps have made everything handy, easy to follow, and quick. These apps also try to make the cooking experience more creative and enjoyable. Cooking apps are truly helpful not only for beginners but also for regular cooks. From breakfast to dinner, you can count on their recipes as they all provide irresistible recipes. You just need to get into the kitchen and follow them without any ifs or buts. They will surely lend a helping hand in the kitchen through their recipes.
- 10 Best Mobile Games That You Must Play In 2020!Fri, 4 Sep'20While everyone is staying home being safe, mobile gaming is something that has kept us entertained during this pandemic. Here we have listed out some of the best mobile games that you must not miss and should definitely try it out. All these games are free to download and are available on both Android and iOS app stores.
- Top 10 Best Gaming Phones In India – 2020 Edition!Thu, 3 Sep'20Gaming smartphones is a new segment that has recently developed into a massive interest for many, we have even started seeing several new devices come with budget gaming focussed processors such as the Snapdragon 765G by Qualcomm. However, if you are looking for the ultimate gaming smartphone then there’s more to consider than just the SoC on the smartphone, factors like the display, audio, and the overall software experience add up to offer the smoothest gaming experience. Here are the top 10 gaming smartphones to buy in 2020.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.9spec scorePOCO X3₹16,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme 7₹14,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreTecno Spark Go 2020₹6,499Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y20i₹11,490Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreInfinix Note 7₹11,499Add to compare
- 7.6spec scorePOCO M2₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 5.3₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.1spec scoreMotorola Moto E7 Plus₹9,499Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Z Fold2₹149,999Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreRealme Narzo 20 Pro₹14,999Add to compare