OPPO A5 2020
- SIM Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Expandable Memory microSDXC (dedicated slot)
You May Also Explore
Most Compared Phones
- Apple iPhone 6S Plus₹29,990VSApple iPhone 6S₹22,490Know More
- LG V35 ThinqVSApple iPhone 6S₹22,490Know More
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro₹14,990VSRealme 3 Pro₹12,999Know More
- OnePlus 6T₹30,990VSSamsung Galaxy S10e₹46,990Know More
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7₹9,999VSOPPO K1₹13,990Know More
- LG G7 Plus ThinQ₹20,999VSApple iPhone 6S Plus₹29,990Know More
- OPPO F9₹17,890VSOnePlus 6₹34,999Know More
- Apple iPhone XR₹47,500VSApple iPhone 6S Plus₹29,990Know More
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8₹43,965VSGoogle Pixel 2₹21,697Know More
- OnePlus 6T₹30,990VSApple iPhone XR₹47,500Know More
- OPPO A5s₹8,989VSApple iPhone XR₹47,500Know More
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5GVSOnePlus 7 Pro₹39,999Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSRealme 5 Pro₹14,999Know More
- Tecno Spark Power 2₹9,999VSMotorola One Fusion Plus₹17,499Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSApple iPhone 11 Pro Max₹111,600Know More
- Samsung Galaxy A31₹19,999VSSamsung Galaxy A71₹30,999Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSSamsung Galaxy S10 5GKnow More
- Samsung Galaxy M20₹11,499VSSamsung Galaxy M11₹11,178Know More
- Motorola One Action₹10,999VSMotorola Moto G8 Power Lite₹8,999Know More
Memory & Storage
Beneath the surface lies a massive 5000mAh battery with support for reverse charging, which is one of the strong points of this device. Also, on the surface, we get a shiny back with a quad-camera setup and a front with a 6.5-inch screen.
- Massive 5000mAh battery
- Presence of headphone jack
- Reverse Charging Support
- Dual SIM + MicroSD card slots available
- Android 9 comes pre-installed and no update to Android 10 given
- Lack of FHD or FHD+ screen
- No 128GB storage option
Oppo seems to extend its mid-range smartphone lineup by releasing the Oppo A5 2020. Oppo A5 2020 is a budget-oriented mid-range device with an aggressive price to go with satisfactory internals matched up with ample camera setup. It has many features like 6.5-inch Nano-Waterdrop Sunlight Screen with 3D Aesthetic Design, Ultra-Wide Quad Camera with Ultra Night mode 2.0, dual speakers with Dolby Atmos, and a 5000mAh battery with reverse charging. Available in Dazzling White and Mirror Black, the Oppo A5 2020 has one storage option of 64GB and two memory options of 3GB and 4GB.
Also Read: OPPO A9 2020 Price in India
Oppo A5 2020 Price In India
Oppo A5 2020 comes in India at a price tag of ₹14,990 and ₹15,990 for the 3GB and the 4GB RAM variants respectively. Released in October 2019, this device is available to purchase from Flipkart, Amazon, and other online and offline retailers.
Oppo A5 2020 shares its design with its bigger sibling, the Oppo A9 2020. We get a shiny plastic back with a fingerprint scanner and a quad-camera setup; while on the front we got a 6.5-inch display with the front camera tucked away in the teardrop-shaped notch. The power and the volume buttons can be seen on the right and the left sides of the device respectively. On the bottom of the device the microphone, the headphone jack, the loudspeaker, and the USB Type-C port is present. The phone weighs in at 195g which is acceptable considering the 5000mAh battery fitted in the device.
The display on Oppo A5 2020 is a 6.5-inch 720 by 1600 pixels HD+ display. It has an 89% screen-to-body ratio but still has a huge chin on the bottom of the device. The screen has an advertised peak brightness of 480 nits and can output over 16 million colours. The look of the display is a bit outdated with a teardrop notch on the top which houses the front camera. But all in all, this should be sufficient for everyday usage by the average users.
Powering this phone is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 which is an octa-core processor that clocks up to 2.0GHz and is built on the 11nm process. There is a 64GB of UFS 2.1 storage and 3GB/4GB Dual Channel memory LPDDR4x RAM. The storage on this one expands up to 256GB via the dedicated microSD card slot provided.
Oppo A5 2020 comes with Android 9 out of the box with Oppo’s in-house ColourOS 6.0 layered on top of it. There is no update to Android 10 given as of yet by Oppo.
Oppo A5 2020 boasts a 12MP rear quad camera and an 8MP front camera. The rear cameras consist of a 12MP wide sensor, an 8MP ultrawide sensor and the rest are both 2MP sensors for depth and other effects. Features like a photo mode, video mode, professional mode, panorama, portrait, night scene, time-lapse photography, slow motion, etc. are included with the camera. This is paired up with an LED flashlight for lighting purposes. The rear camera can record videos up to 4k at 30fps and also has gyro-EIS for video stability.
The front camera is an 8MP sensor with video recording support of up to 1080P at 30 fps.
The main strength of the device is a massive 5000mAh battery with up to 10W of charging capacity. Oppo claims that this device can last a whole day on a single charge. Another feature to include is the reverse charging support. It can be used to charge another phone with a typical USB cable and an OTG cable.
Oppo A5 2020 is a prominent smartphone in the sub ₹20,000 price range. A massive battery, a big screen, and a powerful processor with an added advantage of a quad camera setup make this phone a great contender. But the HD+ screen and the outdated Android OS make things a bit ambiguous. In short, this phone is a must to check out if you’re buying a smartphone under ₹20k.