- SIM Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Expandable Memory microSDXC (dedicated slot)
OPPO A9 2020
You May Also Explore
Most Compared Phones
- Apple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999VSApple iPhone 6S₹22,490Know More
- LG V35 ThinqVSApple iPhone 6S₹22,490Know More
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro₹14,499VSRealme 3 Pro₹12,999Know More
- OnePlus 6T₹30,990VSSamsung Galaxy S10e₹46,270Know More
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7₹10,939VSOPPO K1₹11,999Know More
- LG G7 Plus ThinQ₹18,999VSApple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999Know More
- OPPO F9₹17,890VSOnePlus 6₹34,999Know More
- Apple iPhone XR₹51,500VSApple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999Know More
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8₹39,990VSGoogle Pixel 2₹21,697Know More
- OnePlus 6T₹30,990VSApple iPhone XR₹51,500Know More
- OPPO A5s₹8,990VSApple iPhone XR₹51,500Know More
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5GVSOnePlus 7 Pro₹42,870Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSRealme 5 Pro₹13,999Know More
- Tecno Spark Power 2₹9,999VSMotorola One Fusion Plus₹16,999Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSApple iPhone 11 Pro Max₹115,100Know More
- Samsung Galaxy A31₹20,999VSSamsung Galaxy A71₹31,500Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSSamsung Galaxy S10 5GKnow More
- Samsung Galaxy M20₹11,499VSSamsung Galaxy M11₹11,799Know More
- Motorola One Action₹9,999VSMotorola Moto G8 Power Lite₹8,999Know More
Memory & Storage
Oppo A9 2020 has some good features such as the USB Type-C port, a reverse charging capability, sturdy stereo speakers and a 5000 mAh battery with upgraded RAM.
- Excellent battery life with 5000 mAh capacity
- Stereo speakers
- Good performance as a budget phone
- Slow charging speed
- Bulky to use
- Spammy notifications & bloatware
With the latest Oppo A9 2020, the Chinese smartphone manufacturer has tried everything to spice up the new A9 with a faster processor, larger battery & everything more compared to its predecessor, also called Oppo A9. The new A9 2020 launched alongside Oppo A5 2020 arrives with refresh specifications promising an enhanced performance thanks to the processor on-board, 8GB RAM storage, and a few other improved specs.
Oppo A9 2020 Price in India
Oppo A9 2020 price in India starts from Rs.15,990 for the 4GB+128GB model which is the base variant. The higher variant with double the RAM which is 8GB+128GB is available to purchase at Rs.18,490. Both the models are available to purchase from Amazon India.
Oppo has used a polycarbonate back panel in Oppo A9 2020 with a brilliant 3D-like gradient design which is glossy enough to mimic a glass back and yet remain subtle. Thanks to a few curved edges when you view the phone from its back, the overall thickness of the device looks slim The rear panel has a Corning Gorilla Glass 3+ for protection. The bottom of Oppo A9 2020 has a primary microphone, a speaker grille, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and a Type-C USB port which is an improvement over the micro USB port seen in the last-gen A9.
Three colour variants of Oppo A9 2020 are Marine Green, Vanilla Mint, and Space Purple.
Oppo A9 2020 won’t shy away from being too large as it features a large-sized 6.5-inch IPS LCD panel with 82.5% screen-to-body ratio, and 720×1600 pixels resolution. The device has a 270 PPI density which is comparatively low. Oppo A9 2020 with that low resolution might result in problems depicting images and texts. The bezels are quite visible around the corner as well as the chin. Moreover, Oppo A9 2020 has Widevine L1 DRM which makes streaming HD video content on the phone easier.
Oppo A9 2020 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 655 octa-core processor and assisted by the Adreno 610 GPU. These specs are paired with up to 8GB RAM and 128GB internal storage.
Oppo A9 2020 runs on Android 9.0 Pie-based ColorOS 6.0.1 UI. ColorOS 6 offers many customization options including tweaking the theme, whether or not you want an app drawer and how many rows of icons should it have. There are several other features as well such as the Smart Assistant, Game Space Optimiser, Oppo’s LockScreen Magazine, App Cloner. But, with all this, you do get to see a lot of bloatware.
The quad rear camera setup on the Oppo A9 2020 is amazing with its primary 48MP sensor which has a PDAF, assisted by an 8MP 119-degree ultra-wide sensor. The other two cameras are a 2MP sensor and a dedicated 2MP depth sensor. On the other hand, there is a 16MP sensor tucked in a waterdrop-shaped notch on the front.
Oppo A9 2020 hosts a giant 5,000 mAh Li-Po battery on-board which is almost 1,000 mAh larger than what the last Oppo A9 offers. It does have impressive battery life. Moreover, there is no significant change in the charging speed with Qualcomm QuickCharge 3.0. The cool thing that the Chinese manufacturer did with Oppo A9 2020 is the introduction to USB Type-C port instead of the old aged micro USB which is a great addition. There is also the provision of reverse charging.
Oppo did work on A9 2020 a lot and has improved a lot of things, but with a price tag at just Rs 15,990/-, you can expect a series of compromises. Starting from an HD+ display with low-resolution, the phone has a decent processor that can run intensive games on light settings only. Oppo A9 2020 has four cameras of which, two are just to add that quad-camera status. It stands a lot of competition from Realme X, Realme X and Redmi Note 9 Pro series in this price segment.