Oppo R15 Pro enters the cutthroat competition to become a mid-range marvel competing against several mid-range phones. Priced at Rs. 25,990, this upgraded version of the Oppo R15 comes with few changes that make it a capable phone but it is still far from an ultimate all-rounder.
The Oppo R15 Pro comes with a grand design and a fantastic display. The rear camera is quite powerful and captures detailed pictures. However, the phone falls short in terms of performance and battery. If you are not looking for intensive gaming, then this can be a great phone for the photographer in you.
Oppo R15 Pro will raise your eyebrows with its splendid design.These are some of its pros and cons:
- It has an eye-catching premium design.
- Superb AMOLED screen which produces great colours and is bezel-free.
- The rear camera is marvellous, clicking decent photos both in low light and ideal light conditions.
- The Oppo R15 Pro comes with a notch which can be distracting.
- The performance tends to get sluggish with heavy use.
- The selfie camera of the Selfie Expert is not as good as the rear camera.
- The battery is quite weak and ill-matched against the display.
- It comes with the older micro-USB and not the newer USB Type-C slot.
The Oppo R15 Pro is not a power-packer, but it arrives with amazing cameras and stunning design. If you are looking for a phone with decent performance but a great rear camera, then this is the phone to go for.
Oppo R15 Pro looks premium and has a great camera, but the Selfie expert fails when it comes to front camera quality and staggers in performance and battery life.
The Oppo R15 Pro arrives with a vibrant FHD+ display which can be clearly seen through the 6.28-inch screen in 1,080 x 2,280 resolution. It has an AMOLED screen which means that the deep blacks are very defined and can give you an immersive experience. to the 19:9 aspect ratio, the screen does not look oversized. The screen does not cause much visibility issues when you take it outside, but the harsh sun can make it hard to read.
The Oppo R15 Pro has a notched display, but the chassis that it comes in is quite handsome. It comes in Ruby Red and Cosmic Purple, and both these colours are quite brilliant to look at. There is an iridescent shimmer on these phones as it allows to let you play with the light in a certain way. This aspect of the phone makes it premium. However, the phone is on the slippery end as well, and so you have to be a bit careful while you are handling it. On the plus side, the phone sits comfortably in hand, and you do not feel the weight much. It is manageable with one hand, and that is definitely a plus. There is a small camera bump, but it is negligible. The facial recognition works very well, and the fingerprint scanner is placed on the rear panel and work snappily.
The Oppo R15 Pro arrives with the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor that was used in Oppo R11. It is a decent processor, but a change in the hardware was expected with the arrival of the Oppo R15 Pro. Benchmark scores put it at 5926 which is easily beaten by P20 Pro’s 6777. However, it can get you through multitasking without an issue, as the processor is decent enough to handle several tasks without entering a slowdown phase. The Adreno 512 GPU is not the best GPU for gaming. Light games can run smoothly on this set; yet, demanding games may result in frame drops and stuttering and is not recommended on this phone. Thanks to the stellar facial recognition system, the screen will turn on within 1.3 seconds. It’s near instantaneous if you use the rear-mounted fingerprint sensor instead.
Oppo R15 Pro has a camera set which is excellent. It comes with HDR capabilities that make it an excellent camera to use. The picture quality is clear, and there are enough details captured in it. The camera is also capable of capturing intricate details of difficult subjects, like clouds. One of the best features is the speed of the camera. It works fast and therefore can click images at a faster pace.
However, in low light, images do experience a bit of a loss, but that is not very significant. Even low-light photos capture enough details due to the superior cameras of R15 Pro.
Portrait mode works well when there is good lighting. You can also adjust the blur effect, and the skin smoothing beauty can be toggled on and off according to the user. As a whole, it gives the photographer enough independence.
The selfie camera, however, is not as good as the rear camera. There is a noticeable lack of definition, and the image appears a little low on colour sharpness. Even Beauty mode cannot get the true colour definition.
Oppo R15 Pro arrives with a weak 3,430 mAh battery. It is not a suitable battery for powering the display that it comes with. Battery tests put it at 6 hours 11 minutes of runtime while undergoing heavy use, which is quite low against P20 Pro’s 9 hours 46 minutes. However, the battery will be able to last you for an entire day, but you cannot expect anything more from this battery. It comes with fast charging and can get to 50% in 30 minutes, which is one of its saving graces. However, it comes with the older micro-USB port and not the USB-C port, which makes it a bit disappointing.
Oppo’s R15 Pro makes sure that it does well in most of the areas, coming with an AMOLED display, a great camera, and a premium design. However, the performance lags when it is put against the Snapdragon 800 series with which most of its competitors are fitted with. The battery on this set is also quite poor. While it does have fast-charging present, it comes with the older micro-USB which makes it a dated model. However, it is a capable phone and can be used by any average user without a problem. If you are going for a better battery, than Huawei P20 Pro is a wonderful phone, with better battery backup and excellent performance.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE, EDR
- Thickness0.31 inches
- Height6.16 inches
- Weight180 g
- ColorCeramic Black, Dream Mirror Red
- BuildFront glass, aluminum frame, ceramic back
- Width2.96 inches
- Display TypeAMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.28 inches
- Pixel Density401 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 5
- Display Resolution1080 x 2280 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19:09
- Screen to Body Ratio84.10%
- CPUOcta-core (4x2.2 GHz Kryo 260 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 260)
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 (14 nm)
- GPUAdreno 512
- OSAndroid 8.1 (Oreo) ColorOS 5
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage128 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Dual Camera16 MP, f/1.7, 25mm (wide), 1/2.6, 1.22 micron20 MP, f/1.7, 25mm (wide), 1/2.8, 1.0 micron
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p60/120fps, 720p240fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera20 MP, f/2.0, 20mm
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3430 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 20W (VOOC Flash Charge)
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Network SupportGSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- SIMHybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Water ResistantIP67 dust/water resistant (up to 1m for 30 mins)
- Announced On2018, March
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, April
Price / Buy
Get the best price for OPPO R15 Pro
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
- How To Filter Netflix Kids Shows By Title And Age!Tue, 28 Jul'20If you are sharing your Netflix account with your kids, you might want to consider filter out the content that they are allowed to watch. Netflix has a lot of amazing shows, however, a lot of them have an 18+ rating and even more of them that require parental supervision. The popular streaming service now allows users to filter out kid's shows by title and the audience age group. Users can also secure their Netflix profile with a simple but effective four-digit pin to prevent children from accessing adult profiles.
- Apple recently had its completely online WWDC Event in which they revealed their iOS 14 operating system for iPhones. This new software release soon made its way out as a developer beta and allowed users to try out the latest features added in this year’s release. iOS 14 comes with a new picture in picture mode that allows you to minimize a video in the form of a small floating thumbnail and use them alongside a full-screen application. While this feature was already present on Android devices for a few years now, here’s how iOS 14 does it better.
- If you use your iPhone for a lot of intense and heavy data, then it is very easy to rack up the iCloud storage and run out of the free limit. It is highly recommended to have all your data backed up to the cloud to ensure that you do not lose any data at any point. If you are getting an error form iCloud saying you do not have enough iCloud storage left, there still is a way to go ahead and backup your iPhone to the iCloud. No matter how careful you are with your iPhone, at some point you might end up damaging it or losing it, it is times like these when the iCloud backup comes in very handy.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9AAdd to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO A12₹9,990Add to compare
- OPPO Reno4 Pro₹34,990Add to compare
- Infinix Smart 4 Plus₹7,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreRealme C11₹7,499Add to compare