Realme 2 Pro has come into the market with some groundbreaking developments, especially in design. As one of the few phones with dewdrop notch and almost invisible bezels, Realme 2 Pro comes at an unbelievable price of Rs 13,990 for 8GB RAM and 128GB storage space. It is a phone that promises to perform for you in style.
Despite having a great design, it does not come with Gorilla Glass which is a loss. However, the AI-assisted camera and moderate low-light images make it a good phone to go for an upgrade.
The 6.3-inch screen of Realme 2 Pro occupies about 90.8% of its front and is bound to draw eyes, but it’s not the only thing that the phone offers. It comes with a fantastic battery life and excellent performance making it a budget power phone. It knows what the user wants and has gone for both style and substance.
Realme 2 Pro is equipped with a Snapdragon 660 processor that helps in multitasking and gives you a smooth gaming experience. The 8GB RAM provides the required boost to remove any lagging in handling apps or gaming. Add to that, the 3,500 mAh battery which keeps chugging through the day without creating any ‘Low Battery Anxiety’ issue.
The display has FHD+ resolution and stands out for its vibrant colour display and high contrast. The large screen makes watching videos a great cinematic experience. However, even with FHD, the expected Netflix experience is absent due to the lack of certification.
For an affordable price, the phone comes with an impressive set of cameras. While you don’t get the recent low-light photography experience, the daylight images captured by this phone is pure bliss. It takes in enough light to capture details of the subjects making the image look lifelike. However, the AI beautify mode can go a bit aggressive but you can manually handle it.
On the whole, this is a stylish phone that does not lag in performance. At this range, this is one of the best phones to come into the market and has a competitive edge against budget flagships like Oppo A7. Compared to it, Realme 2 Pro grabs an easy win.
Realme 2 Pro has hit the delicate fusion of style and power with the innovative dewdrop display and one of the latest Snapdragon processors at an unexpected low range.
The 6.3″ IPS LCD screen is nice. It is equipped with FHD+ resolution and gives vibrant colour and good viewing angles. The high contrast is going to catch your attention too. The downside is that it does not have Widevine L3 certification – so you can’t stream FHD videos from Netflix.
Realme 2 Pro comes with a dewdrop notch – a progressive design decision to offer a larger screen space. It looks magnificent, along with the minimal top and bottom bezels that gives a premium touch to the phone – similar to the Oppo Find X and Vivo NEX.
However, you lose out on the Gorilla Glass. While there is an effective, glass-like laminated polycarbonate which gives it a glossy look, it is vulnerable to scratches. There’s no superfast Vooc charge or USB Type C – so these are compromises that come with an awesome design and excellent performance.
Realme 2 Pro is equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 AIE octa-core which is fantastic for multitasking. It does not slow down while loading heavy games and the gaming experience remains free of lag. There is minimal warming up which cannot be termed as overheating. Plus, it comes with a Game Space app which gives you the ability to block off notification or free up memory while firing up your game performance.
Realme 2 Pro is fitted with an 8GB RAM and storage that goes up to 128GB, ensuring a much more smoother gaming experience along with enhanced efficiency of the overall phone performance.
Realme 2 Pro has an excellent camera for the budget range. It packs a 16-megapixel main rear camera with a f/1.7 aperture which captures amazing details in daylight. There are no complaints about landscape photography where the camera makes a mark by capturing plenty of details, even smaller ones like leaves on a tree. However, fast-moving objects pose a problem especially due to the slight shutter lag, even though the autofocus is quick.
The second 2-megapixel sensor can be used for depth recognition. It does an excellent job in ‘Portrait Mode’ retaining the sharpness of the subject and incredible edge detection, even under artificial lighting. But the low-light images are a bit grainy.
The AI magic happens when you take a selfie. The 16MP front camera works with AI Deep Learning. As a result, while clicking a group selfie, the AI will try to make out the age, gender, and complexion of each person in the picture and engage in the customised enhancements for everyone. It might go a bit aggressive, so keep your thumbs active to enter manual mode.
4K Video recording might create a problem since it does not have stabilisation features. In low light, the video becomes a bit grainy. The AI in the Beautify Mode might go a bit over-the-top with the effects.
Couple that with an astounding 3,500 mAh battery which, as promised by the company, keeps the phone going through the entire day. It is one of the best budget flagship product which sprints ahead in the performance department.
The Realme 2 Pro packs a lot of power and comes in style. As one of the few reasonably priced phones with a dewdrop notch, it competes with the water-drop notch of Oppo A7. However, it comes at a cheaper range and tops A7 with a much better performance by including Snapdragon 660 and a better camera. There are some compromises that the company has made, especially with the decision to not include the Gorilla Glass, but the company has compensated it with a pre-fitted screen guard. At a range of Rs 13,990 onward, it is a budget performance phone that is, as the company states, ‘Max Power, Max Style’. If you are looking for an upgrade but have a tight budget, this is a cheap phone with great performance just for you.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.33 inches
- Height6.17 inches
- Weight174 g
- ColorBlack, Deep Blue, Light Blue
- BuildPlastic body
- Width2.91 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.3 inches
- Pixel Density409 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 3
- Display Resolution1080 x 2340 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19.5:9
- Screen to Body Ratio84.00%
- CPUOcta-core (4x2.0 GHz Kryo 260 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 260)
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 (14 nm)
- GPUAdreno 512
- OSAndroid 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie) ColorOS 6
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage128 GB, 8 GB RAM or 64 GB, 4/6 GB RAM
- Dual Camera16 MP, f/1.7, 1/2.8, 1.12 micron2 MP, depth sensor
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p30fps, 720p240fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera16 MP, f/2.0
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3500 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 10W
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2018, September
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, October
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Realme 2 Pro
Get the best price for Realme 2 Pro
- Top 5 Smartphones In 2020 With Best Cameras!Thu, 13 Aug'20Smartphones have come a long way in the past few years in terms of their optic performance. These days the smartphones are capable of delivering some really good photos without much additional effort or equipment. These smartphones are extremely portable and use powerful AI and processing abilities to give the best possible image output. If you are looking to purchase a new smartphone with good optics overall and want the best possible output, this article shows you some of the best available options that help you ditch your primary camera in favor of the smartphone for quick photo runs.
- Top 10 Non-Chinese Smartphones To Buy In 2020!Thu, 13 Aug'20Several new smartphones are launched each month in India and a lot of them are manufactured in China. This includes smartphones from brands like Xiaomi, Oppo, Realme, Vivo, and OnePlus. In the past few months, there has been a lot of talk about the anti-china movement in India with users striving to reduce the usage of Chinese goods. In the wake of this movement, a lot of users are shifting to smartphones that have less reliance on China, if you are one among them then this list is for you. We have curated a list of some of the best smartphones that you can buy in 2020 that are not Chinese.
- Technological advancement is something that’s increasing at a lightning-fast speed. We just purchase the flagship phone of a company and just after a few days or months, a better smartphone with much better specs is released in the market. Universal Flash Storage (UFS) has improved a lot from the time it was first introduced. But who knows what else is there in the company's mind and what amazing innovations we might see in the upcoming UFS chips. Here we Explain all the Different types of UFS storages and does it make any difference in Performance.
- iPhones have been around for many years now and have eventually acquired a massive share in the market over the years, this has also helped the brand gain a lot of trust and loyalty from its repeat customers. If you are reading this article, the chances are that you might also be having an iPhone right now, however, iPhones tend to heat at times because of a bad software patch or the processor working way more than the required amount. The average operating temperature of an iPhone is significantly lower than some of the other phones due to safety concerns.
- Top 5 iOS Style Launchers For Android!Sun, 9 Aug'20While most users own an Android smartphone it is very likely they wish to get the experience of an iPhone. If you are one of those who like iPhone over Android but cannot afford one, you can use one of the below iPhone launchers to make your Android phone look like iPhone. Android comes with a lot of customization options in the UI using launchers and more, some of these launchers can bring an iPhone style interface to your Android phone at ease. The iPhone launchers give Android a very similar look by adding a similar wallpaper, replacing icons, and more.
- The Best Ways To Sell Your Old iPhone In 2020!Thu, 6 Aug'20The one thing about technology is that with each passing year, there certainly is an upgrade making the new better in terms of experience, endurance, and more. If you have an iPhone that you have been using for a few years and wish to upgrade now, you might want to sell off the old device and get whatever money you can for it. There are multiple places where you can sell or recycle your smartphone in exchange for cash or vouchers thereby making it easier for you to buy your new dream smartphone.
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 8.1₹14,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreMotorola Moto G7 PlusAdd to compare
- 7.7spec scoreHonor Play₹11,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreVivo V9 Youth₹12,800Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Z3Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreHonor 8X₹14,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreNokia 6.1 Plus₹9,275Add to compare
- 8spec scoreMotorola P30Add to compare
- 8spec scoreOPPO A9₹11,990Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreNokia 7 Plus₹12,999Add to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹6,499Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9A₹9,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra₹104,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Note 20₹77,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 9 Prime₹9,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare