Realme C3, C2, Redmi 8 And Note 8 Price In India Increased Again
Disruptions in supply chain have led to increase in prices of smartphones for the second time after the GST hike in April.
Highlights of the Story
- Realme C2 and Realme C3 saw a price hike of Rs. 500 to all the variants.
- The updated prices can be seen on Flipkart and realme.com.
- Xiaomi too has hiked the prices of the Redmi 8, Redmi 8A and Redmi Note 8.
Almost every other smartphone in India saw a hike in their prices in April due to the increase in GST on smartphones from 12 percent to 18 percent. Not only big brands such as Apple or Samsung, but even smaller manufacturers and budget devices got a pull-up in their prices. And yet again, Realme and Xiaomi have elevated the costs for a few of their entry-level smartphones.
Talking about Realme, the company’s entry level Realme C3, which was priced at Rs 7,499 for the 3GB/32GB variant, is now priced at Rs 7,999 while the top 4GB/64GB model, which was priced Rs 8,499, is now listed at Rs 8,999. On the other hand, its predecessor, the Realme C2 price in India, which started at Rs 6,499 for the 2GB/32GB variant, is now listed for Rs 6,999 in India. These new, hiked pricing can now be seen on Flipkart and realme.com.
On the other hand, Xiaomi’s Redmi 8, which was earlier available for Rs 8,999, got a price hike of Rs 300, bringing its price to Rs 9,299 for the 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage variant. The Redmi 8A, which was previously available for Rs 6,999, is now listed at Rs 7,299 (2GB RAM + 32GB inner storage). The Redmi Note 8, also saw a revision in pricing as it is now available for Rs 11,499 (4GB variant) compared to the earlier pricing of Rs 10,999.
The Covid-19 pandemic which led to a nation-wide lockdown has hit adversely on the manufacturing and supply chain of smartphones, which is surely a contributing factor to the increase in prices of even budget devices. This is ironic as it was earlier expected that smartphone brands would be offering some attractive deals in order to boost their product sales post lockdown.
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.