Smartphone Brands Could Devise Strategies To Push Sales When Coronavirus Epidemic Subsides
Almost every brand needs to develop strategies in order to cope up with the losses dealt due to near-zero sales and halted manufacturing.
Highlights of the Story
- The sales could become worse possibly due to hike in smartphone prices due to the revised GST that came into effect on April 1.
- Smartphone launches are either postponed or indefinitely cancelled.
According to the latest report by The Economic Times, smartphones brands are likely to splurge discounts and deals and plenty of new phones to launch pushing their strategies aggressively to take advantage of the pent up demand globally once the COVID-19 pandemic is sorted and the restrictions on manufacturing and selling on non-essential commodities like smartphones at this moment is taken away.
Now that major smartphone brands have delayed the launch of their smartphones such as Vivo V19, Xiaomi Mi 10, Oppo Enco M31, Realme Narzo series where the stocks are currently on hold. Further, the research director at Counterpoint Research Neil Shah said that if the situation comes to normalcy by the end of this month, many OEMs will resume their major launches while devising marketing strategies and pricing to push sales.
However, it is expected that the market won’t come to normalcy just like that and organic growth will take time and for the time being, people might stick to buying refurbished phones which are new-like and cheap while conserving cash at the end to purchase essential commodities. It is also to be noted this situation in place, a large number of people might lose their jobs and so on which is one of the reasons why they might not be able to pull off buying phones.
According to Counterpoint Research, the world’s smartphone shipments are expected to fall by 3% while another research company Canalys estimated it at 4.2% which is by far a huge difference from the expected 6-8% rise in the overall shipment.
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.