Xiaomi & Realme Updated Price List After GST Rate Increase In India
There’s a massive jump in terms of smartphone prices that took effect on the onset of April 1st.
Highlights of the Story
- Most manufacturers have officially announced or updated their websites which now reflect the new and revised prices.
- This also includes big names such as Apple and Samsung.
- You will now have to shell out a couple thousand bucks extra for the same device if you plan to buy after the lockdown.
Apparently, the GST Council of India decided to raise the GST rates on mobiles phones by 50% which is now at 18% from its original 12%. This has sparked a row of concern among interested customers since the phones they were able to buy are now expensive. Apple, Xiaomi, Vivo, Samsung, Realme, and others have already updated their price list.
Talking about Realme, there’s a relief since it stated that there won’t be any changes to the prices of its new Narzo series which includes a Narzo 10 and Narzo 10A. The company decided to let go the increased GST rate by absorbing it although other smartphones under its lineup are still affected with the increase rate and here’s what you will be paying for Realme smartphones.
|Phone||Old MOP||New MOP|
|Realme 6 Pro||16,999||17,999|
|Realme X2 Pro||29,999||29,999|
|Realme X2 Pro Master Edition||34,999||36,999|
Apart from that, Xiaomi which has been selling its smartphones with less than 5% margin too has increased the price tags on its smartphones and here’s what the new price list looks like.
|Redmi Note 9 Pro Max||–||–||16,499||17,999||19,999||–|
|Redmi Note 9 Pro||–||13,999||–||16,999||–||–|
|Redmi K20 Pro||–||–||–||–||–||29,999|
|Redmi Note 8 Pro||–||–||15,999||16,999||18,999||–|
|Redmi Note 8||–||10,999||–||13,999||–||–|
|Redmi Note 7 Pro||–||10,999||12,999||13,999||–||–|
|Redmi 8A Dual (2GB/32GB)||6,999|
|Redmi 8A Dual (3/32GB)||7,999|
|Redmi 8A (2GB/32GB)||6,999|
|Redmi 8A (3GB/32GB)||7,499|
|Redmi 7A (2/16GB)||6,499|
|Redmi 7A (2/32GB)||6,699|
|Redmi Go (1GB+16GB)||4,999|
- Here is the third video of our ongoing series of best smartphone deals 2020. With Amazon and Flipkart’s biggest annual sale underway, we bringing you a series of YouTube videos so you know exactly how to claim these offers and don’t miss out on the absolute best ones. In the video below, we’ll tell you…
- In this continuation of our series of the best Flipkart smartphone deals 2020, we have brought you another video explaining just how you can buy the iPhone XR for under 20,000. Flipkart has been surprising everyone this year with its massive discounts on smartphones, and with Cashify you’ll find out about all the latest and…
- As we all already know by now, Flipkart’s Big Billion Days and Amazon’s Great Indian Festival are upon us. And we all know what that means. Discounts raining everywhere! However, it can get quite confusing among so many offers that exactly what is the best smartphone deal. In order to help you solve that problem,…
- Vivo V20 is a mid-range smartphone, which is an impeccable deal from the brand and starts in India at a price of Rs.24,990.
- Your smartphone is always prone to security risk by hackers. Read and watch this to know how you can keep yourself safe.
Latest ReviewsView All
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is a top-of-the-line flagship device and a great companion for anything and everything you can think of.
- Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime does make a strong contender since it has a few specs of the Note 9 series as well while arriving at a most affordable price tag.
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.