How To Download YouTube Videos For Free
YouTube has billions of hours of video that is regularly uploaded by millions of users across the world. YouTube has been the go-to destination for watching videos since 2005. There are sometimes we find a video that we wish to download on our computers but unfortunately, YouTube doesn’t officially allow viewers to download the videos from their website. Luckily for us, there are a few workarounds to enable this and allow us to download the videos from the YouTube website or using a third-party application.
Highlights of the Story
- YouTube is the go-to destination for uploading and viewing videos by small to medium size content creators
- YouTube streams billions of hours of content and has a massive base of content creators and viewers across the platform
- While YouTube doesn’t allow viewers to download the video from their website, there are a few ways to download the video and view it.
YouTube is a famous video streaming owned by Google and offers several billion hours worth of content for people to watch for education and entertainment. YouTube offers lots of content on their website but does not give an option to download the videos, luckily, there are a few ways that we can download these details and maintain them on our computer. This guide shows you the different ways of downloading the videos from YouTube to your smartphone or computer.
While there are a few ways to download these videos from YouTube, it is important to know that YouTube doesn’t allow it officially, and using the videos for anything other than personal viewing might not be allowed. According to Google’s terms of services, users are not allowed to reproduce, download, distribute, transmit, or broadcast any of the content without proper permission.
Watching videos offline by downloading them to your computer reduces the revenue for Google and video creators and thus we recommend only download the video if it is absolutely necessary.
Also read: Best Mobile Phones Under 50,000
There are many options to download videos from YouTube, but we wanted to have some requirements that are fulfilled with the app to be chosen in this list. It is important for users to be able to download 4K videos from YouTube even in the free version and have an option to give an audio file or MP3 format output for those who want it. Privacy is of the highest importance and thus the app should not be collecting personal data beyond the basic details.
How to Download YouTube Videos on Smartphone or Tablet
Downloading a YouTube video is more complicated on smartphones than on computers. However, if you do not want to share a video file and only need the YouTube video for offline access then you can easily do the same using the official YouTube app. The official YouTube app allows you to download videos for offline viewing, but these videos are stored within the YouTube application and you will not be able to share it with other users.
- Open the YouTube app
- Use the search icon to look for the video of your choice or open the video from other sections
- Look for the download button under the title of the video
- Click on the Download button and choose the resolution of download, the YouTube app will tell you approximately how much space it will take up on your smartphone
- Select the resolution to begin the download, once the download is complete you will be notified
- You can open the library section in the app and choose the Downloads tap to view your downloaded videos on the YouTube app offline.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 40000
How to Download YouTube Videos on Desktop
There is third party software where you will get the best control for downloading online videos. The steps to download videos using this software are generally easy and you just need to paste the URL of the YouTube video into the program, then you can select the resolution that you wish to download in. Most software these days support downloading videos even in 8K resolution or at least 4K resolution if the video is uploaded to the standards. Most software offer download in MP4 or MKV formats based on the resolution of the software. In this guide, we will be using WinX YouTube downloader for the process.
WinX YouTube downloader allows downloads from 300+ websites and there is no adware, spyware, or malware in the software making it one of the best clean options. The software comes with a clean interface and has ads in the premium service during the install.
- Copy the link of the YouTube video or playlist that you wish to download
- Open the WinX tool and the analyzer tool will check all the options and show you what is available
- The tools select the default option as 1920 x 1080 or FullHD in MP4 format. You can select a higher or lower resolution in different formats that are available
- You can also navigate the settings to set a default option of your liking.
- Once you have chosen the configuration of your choice you can hit the download button to start the download.
- The download option does not support closed captions but supports most of the video streaming sites.
How To Download YouTube Videos On Android – Alternate Method
There is no official way of downloading a YouTube Video on your smartphone and playing it on another video player. Luckily, there are some reliable apps that allow you to do just that. Videoder is one such app that supports YouTube, Facebook, and several other video streaming services. The app comes with a very well-designed UI and has been in the market for several years now. The Videoder app also comes with an inbuilt AdBlocker so that you can browse the web without intrusive advertisements and download the media of your choice without any hassle. The app works very responsively and downloads videos at a resolution and format of your choice at very high internet speeds compared to other options.
- Open the Videoder app and select the video streaming site that you want to download the video from
- In this case, we will be using YouTube, click on the YouTube icon to open the mobile website
- Search for the video that you want to download and tap on it
- The app will present you with a list of options including Audio and Video formats at different resolutions and bitrates
- Select the resolution and format that you want to download the video in
- A new pop-up box will ask you to confirm the download location
- Confirm the download location and tap on Start download to begin the download process
- You will find the videos in the download section of the app and you will be able to play it from your gallery or other video streaming apps
- Why You Must Sell Your Samsung Galaxy S9 Now?Mon, 13 Jul'20Few reasons why this is the right time to sell one of the most popular and loved flagship device, the Samsung Galaxy S9.
- A funny interview with a mobile phone reseller who makes the video fun with his Punjabi accent.
- Best Not So Popular Non-Chinese AppsThu, 2 Jul'20Let us discuss a few applications which are the best not so popular non-Chinese apps. You must have these apps on your smartphones.
- How To Make A Wifi Signal Booster At Home?Sat, 9 May'20While we are all locked at home, we are using our Wifi a lot. We all want high-speed internet and if the speed of wifi goes down, all of us start to panic. Are you looking for tips on how to improve your wifi signal? Few simple household hacks can make your life easier. Watch…
- Cashify 21Day Lockdown Challenge: Week 2 & 3 RoundUpThu, 16 Apr'20Staying indoors doesn’t mean you can’t keep yourself active, productive, and have some fun. So here’s presenting #CashifyChallenge where each day of the #21DayLockdown we’ve been challenging people to make good use of their time at home. From push-ups to plank and keeping surroundings clean, take a look at the best of these challenges from…
You May Also ReadView All
iQOO, which emerged as a wild-card entry into this emerging smartphone market, gained a very solid reputation with just a single handset. With just the iQOO 3 available in the market, we are expecting a bunch of new offerings from the company in the coming months. Since the brand is new, buyers tend to neglect the powerful price to the performance that the company is offering. To get a deeper look inside, we have combined this IQOO price list for you which would let you check IQOO devices and their variants available in India right now. With a very small product line-up presently and the iQOO Z1 5G on the way, the decision to choose or wait for the right model is not difficult. Hence, our comprehensive
collection of IQOO price list 2020 will allow you to see all IQOO mobiles price in India. Here you will also find complete IQOO mobile specifications so you can easily look at the highlights like a big battery, a powerful chipset or a great camera. The list will be followed by an honest review of each device by our Cashify experts so you know exactly how the phone performs in the real world.
Lenovo, although struggling with poor smartphone sales over the past years, offers some of the decently crafted devices in the Indian market. The devices often bring satisfactory performance at a justifiable price tag. With numerous devices offering the trendiest features in its portfolio, we have combined this Lenovo mobile price list for you so you can analyse specifications and prices of all Lenovo devices available in India right now. Lenovo has smartphones mostly in the budget to the mid-range segment, so our Lenovo price comparison becomes necessary to help consumers make the correct decision when they are choosing a smartphone to invest in. So, here’s a detailed collection of Lenovo phones which would make you clear about the devices that the company offers when you see all Lenovo mobiles price in India. This complete Lenovo price list includes each and every device to help you take a closer look at what the handset offers. You can also see Lenovo mobile phone
specifications along with our Cashify expert review of each Lenovo mobile to you know exactly how the device delivers in real-life usage along with all its pros and cons.
Huawei sub-brand Honor has a lot of smartphones in its portfolio. With Honor routinely adding new devices and updating the smartphone line-up, users get puzzled when they think of getting an upgrade for their existing device. To help you make the right decision, we present you with a specially designed, detailed Honor price list 2020 for those of you planning to buy an Honor device as your next smartphone. With numerous smartphones at a very similar price range, our carefully designed Honor price list will also follow up with a very detailed and honest review by Cashify’s experts after you click on a particular phone so that you can analyse the differences between various devices. With the help of this list, you can obtain a full Honor price comparison of all the company’s devices that are in the market right now.
You will also get to know the upgrades in different models along with Honor’s latest price list India along with their respective RAM/storage variants. A quick look at these Honor specifications of a device gives you an idea about the hardware and software offerings and would get you aware about those devices which are in the market right not but not known to you.
The Taiwanese brand, Asus is one of the most prominent Smartphones brands in India. With the alluring Stock-alike UI and timely updates, the brand has recently gained a decent popularity in the Indian markets. With a focus on budget and mid-range smartphones, they offer a perfect blend of hardware and overall features. So, here is the Asus price list of handpicked Asus smartphones in India for you. This would allow hopping into with precise Asus specifications to ease out the choosing factor for you. It covers all dimensions from budget series, i.e. Zenphone to Budget Flagship ‘6z’ and most loved, the ROG series. It may make it effortless for the user to analyze the best model according to the requirements and price constraints. Asus price list India also contains all the relevant systematised information like different models, storage variants, etc. To get rid of the haunting confusion, you may go through the Expert Review from Cashify for all smartphones in the Asus price comparison and get an overview of the in-hand and out of the box experience and ease your selection process with the listed Pros and Cons.
Google has been creating Android which runs almost all the phones ever since smartphones came into the market. Google started creating its own smartphones and entered the flagship segment with the finest and refined variants from the brand in the Google Pixel Series. There are always 3 to 4 variants for every new series launched, like Google Pixel 3, Google Pixel 3XL, Google Pixel 3A, Google Pixel 3A XL, all differing by size and specs a little here and there. To make it all easier for the user to understand the best model
to choose from according to the requirements, we have speculated a detailed Google price list 2020 for the buyers. This list can be helpful in letting you know about the Google devices launched in the market and obtain a detailed Google price comparison for them. There are a lot of devices in the Google Pixel range which never make to the Indian market and there are other devices that have a major price difference in terms of storage options and availability. It can become impossible in that case to pick the best for you. This Google price list will assist you to choose one for you by letting you check out detailed expert reviews curated especially by Cashify’s experts keeping in mind the user’s requirements. This list includes information on the different models, storage variants and Google’s latest price list after analysis on the needs and budget of the consumers. The list also shares the details, internals and Google specifications of the devices you have an eye on.
Below are the top Google Mobile Phone in India:
- How To Change Alexa Language To Hindi!30 Jun 2020