How To Disable MIUI 12 Ads Using A Single Toggle Switch!
MIUI by Xiaomi is notoriously known for adware and multiple system apps come with advertisements built-in. These advertisements are considered disturbing by many users and it doesn’t seem fair to have those ads after paying a full price for the smartphone. A lot of users have complained in the past about the unfair advertising practices in the MIUI software, despite the sentiment of the customers. Brands like Xiaomi, Oppo, Realme, and more continue to include ads in their System apps and UI. These ads not only irritating but sometimes also raise privacy concerns. Luckily, there are steps you can take to turn off advertisements in the System UI in MIUI 12, in this article we will be seeing how it is done.
Table Of Contents
- 1How to Remove MIUI Ads in a Single Toggle Switch
Highlights of the Story
- MIUI is the default Android Skin found on the Xiaomi smartphones and it is in its 12th version
- MIUI is known for the notorious ad placement throughout the software which is not just considered disturbing but can also raise privacy concerns
- Luckily these ads can be reduced and even removed with a few steps and check out the process
Xiaomi is one of the biggest smartphone manufacturers in the world right now, especially in the budget segment. The brand sells millions of smartphones every year and is very famous for the performance of its smartphones even at a low price point.
In the recent few years, Xiaomi has developed a lot of disinterest from users because of the ads that are displayed in the System UI of the software. Unfortunately, this was a quick trend to adopt for other budget smartphone manufacturers as well and we now see other brands such as Realme display ads in the System apps sometimes.
Ads are common in MIUI, these are intrusive and spoil the user experience. There are even users who have walked away from Xiaomi phones in the past for this exact reason, but Xiaomi doesn’t seem to stop the adverts as they are making it the main source of Xiaomi’s profit. After Xiaomi announced that they will be limiting their hardware-based profits to just 5% meaning that the company is forced to make the rest of the money through some other source.
The company has previously revealed that the ads in MIUI will be reduced especially the inappropriate ones. We can finally see MIUI 12 get rid of these ads and the latest version MIUI 12 will have an option to easily turn it off.
Also read: Mobile Phones With The Best Display
How to Remove MIUI Ads in a Single Toggle Switch
In the previous versions of MIUI, removing ads was a very lengthy process that involved navigating through many menus to find the right options. The process has been overly simplified right now and users are given the option to disable these ads in just three steps.
- To remove the ads in MIUI 12 open the Settings page and then click on the account option
- Toggle off the option to disable the ads system-wide
Once you have followed the steps given above you will no longer see advertisements across, he system UI. In the earlier MIUI variants, you would have had to opt-out of the user experience program, refuse the transfer of diagnostic data, turn off personalized content settings on all the Mi Apps. Luckily all these steps are no longer needed, and you can just follow the three steps above to get the work done. You can also uninstall the bloatware that comes pre-installed on Xiaomi devices and disable the promoted apps, this will reduce the unwanted app notifications.
- iQOO smartphones are doing well in the market because they have an understanding of the desires of an Indian consumer, a good smartphone at a reasonable price. Read this article if you are confused about which phone to buy between iQOO Neo 6 and iQOO 7. Also read: New OnePlus Phone Tipped To Launch With…
- If you frequently travel on Delhi Metro, you must have noticed that the internet does not work well during peak hours and when the metro goes through underground tunnels. We tested both Jio and Airtel while travelling from Noida to Gurugram. Although this is not a scientific experiment, we tried to be as fair as…
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…
- iPhone 13 is a charming device with excellent specs, but what if you can get the same hardware in a compact size; enter Apple iPhone 13 Mini. This pocket size performance packed mobile phone is a charmer when it comes to features, looks and usability. So, if you’re confused about whether you should buy the…