Top Common Problems With iOS 13 – How To Fix Them!
With every new release of software or hardware we encounter new issues and fixes to the previous issues, iOS 13 is no different and continues to be plagued with more glitches as we push deeper into 2020. Apple continues to fix the bugs in iOS 13 and solve the performance issues, but we see and hear complaints from iPhone users who have moved from iOS 12 to iOS 13 and from older versions of iOS 13 to iOS 13.5. There are several bugs, and some are noticeable only to a subset of users, luckily, we have compiled a list of the common problems that iOS 13 users are facing and how to fix them.
Highlights of the Story
- iOS 13 is plagued with software bugs and performance issues despite multiple releases from Apple in an attempt to fix bugs
- There are many common problems encountered by users including Wi-Fi issues, Bluetooth issues, UI lag and more
- Luckily most of the issues mentioned above are common and have simple fixes as outlined in this article
Every software update comes with solutions to the older issues and a few new ones as well. iOS 13 continues to plague iPhone users as we push deeper into 2020. Despite multiple fixes being issued by Apple for iOS, we hear more complaints about users moving from iOS 12 to iOS 13 and even iOS 13 users moving from older versions to iOS 13.5 and newer. Users have reported a varied list of issues including Abnormal Battery drain, Bluetooth problems, UI Lag, Crashes, and more. There are also other issues that have been carried over from iOS 12 to iOS 13.
While some of these issues require a software update from Apple to fix and some more require a visit to the Apple Store, there are other issues that can be easily fixed in a matter of minutes. If you haven’t already tried, then it might be a good option to try updating to the latest version of iOS 13 to see if the previous bugs have been fixed. Apple’s software updates almost always bring new fixes to bugs and it is certainly worth considering if you are facing any software issues.
There are some steps you can take to fix some of the common issues on iOS 13. If you are noticing battery drain, connectivity problems, or anything else that you feel might be a software issue then follow this guide to find a possible solution.
Also Read: Top New Smartphone Roundup: May 2020
How to Fix iOS 13 Installation Issues
If your iOS 13 installation gets stuck in between, and this happens quite often while upgrading a software. The fix for this is easy and you should be able to get it out easily. You might want to perform a hard reset to get out of the stuck situation. To do so on older iPhone models you can hold the power button and the home button at the same time until the device reboots. If you own an iPhone 8 then press the volume up and release, then hold the power button for about 5 to 10 seconds until the device resets. If you own an iPhone X or newer smartphone then you will need to press the volume up, volume down and then the side button on the right corner of the device until the device reboots.
If you feel that the download is taking longer than usual you might want to wait a few minutes and try again. You can also check with your router, restart the device, and if nothing else works then you can visit the service page of Apple to see if there is an outage.
How to Fix iOS 13 Battery Issues
If your iPhone is draining faster than normal, there are a few things you can try. If you are experiencing extreme battery drain after installing the update of iOS 13, there are a few fixes you can try.
- Restart the phone to see if the battery life has improved, there might be an app that is misbehaving that might cause the issue
- If your phone is giving issues and there is a newer version of iOS 13 then consider updating to see if the issue is fixed
- Check for App updates, there might be an update to the Apps you are using which might fix the issue
- Try to Reset All the Settings to see if it works, you can find this in the General section of the Settings app
- Try using the Screen Time feature to see if it could help you conserve battery
- iOS 13 comes with a Low Power Mode that helps you conserve battery by shutting off services such as Automatic Downloads, Hey Siri, and more. Give this mode a try.
- You can Turn on Optimized Battery Charging that can help you reduce the battery aging
How to Fix iOS 13 Bluetooth or Wi-Fi Issues
If you are facing a Bluetooth connectivity issue to connect your iPhone, then there are a few steps you can take. The first step you can take is to forget the Bluetooth connection on your device. To do so, head over to the Settings app on the iPhone, tap on Bluetooth and select the connection using the “I” icon in the circle. Tap on the Forget this Device option and then try reconnecting the device to see if the connection succeeds.
Also Read: Get Set Go: Best Travel Apps On Android
If this doesn’t work, then you can try resetting the network settings on your iPhone. Go to the General section of the Settings app and tap on the Reset option, choose the Reset Network Settings option. This will take a few seconds to complete and it will cause your iPhone to forget all the known Bluetooth devices. It will also cause the device to forget all known Wi-Fi devices, so it is a better choice to keep your passwords handy.
How to Fix iOS 13 Cellular Data Problems
If your device suddenly starts showing “No Service” and you can not connect to your LTE connection, then here are a few steps you can take. The first thing to do is to check if there is a cellular network issue with your provider, if you do not have any such issues then you can restart the device before proceeding with the following steps. If you are unable to make a difference by using the Aeroplane Mode, Restarting the device, or by toggling the Cellular Data then follow these steps.
- Go to the Settings app and then tap on the Cellular option
- Tap on the Cellular Data Options and then Tap on Enable LTE
- Toggle it Off and then leave it off for a minute
- Then Toggle it back on
- You can even try toggling the Airplane mode and this might fix the issue.
How to Fix iOS 13 FaceTime Issues
FaceTime is the built-in voice and video calling service from Apple, if you are facing issues on FaceTime you can check if there are any problems over form the Apple end. If FaceTime has a green symbol next to it then the issues are on your end. First, make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network or to cellular.
- Head over to the Settings app and then tap on the FaceTime app
- If you notice a message that says, “Waiting for Activation”, turn the FaceTime option off and then toggle it back on
- Try restarting the phone and make sure your Cellular is connected and working if you have issues only with Cellular Data connectivity.
- Best Not So Popular Non-Chinese AppsThu, 2 Jul'20Let us discuss a few applications which are the best not so popular non-Chinese apps. You must have these apps on your smartphones.
- How To Make A Wifi Signal Booster At Home?Sat, 9 May'20While we are all locked at home, we are using our Wifi a lot. We all want high-speed internet and if the speed of wifi goes down, all of us start to panic. Are you looking for tips on how to improve your wifi signal? Few simple household hacks can make your life easier. Watch…
- Cashify 21Day Lockdown Challenge: Week 2 & 3 RoundUpThu, 16 Apr'20Staying indoors doesn’t mean you can’t keep yourself active, productive, and have some fun. So here’s presenting #CashifyChallenge where each day of the #21DayLockdown we’ve been challenging people to make good use of their time at home. From push-ups to plank and keeping surroundings clean, take a look at the best of these challenges from…
- Cashify 21Day Lockdown Challenge: Week 1 RoundUpTue, 7 Apr'20Staying indoors doesn’t mean you can’t keep yourself active, productive, and have some fun. So here’s presenting #CashifyChallenge where each day of the #21DayLockdown we’ve been challenging people to make good use of their time at home. From push-ups to plank and keeping surroundings clean, take a look at the best of these challenges from…
- How To Change Alexa Language To Hindi!30 Jun 2020
You May Also ReadView All
Panasonic has been a mediocre performer in the Indian smartphone market for a while now. Although the company has introduced just a few smartphone models, buyers tend to neglect them often. To get a deeper look inside, we have combined this Panasonic price list for you which would let you compare prices of Panasonic devices and their variants available in India right now. With a very small product line-up, the decision to choose the right model with the right variant is not difficult. Hence, our comprehensive collection of Panasonic price list 2020 will allow you to see all Panasonic mobiles price in India. Here you will also find a complete Panasonic mobile specifications so you can easily look at the highlights like a big battery, a powerful chipset or a great camera. The list also contains Panasonic latest price in India. You will also be directed to an honest review of each device by our Cashify experts so you know exactly how the phone performs in the real world with all its pros and cons.
Lava is a budget Indian smartphone manufacturer. We have curated a list of Lava mobiles price list for our customers so they can compare and contrast the cost of various Lava products available in the market. Lava caters to a notable market of consumers, from ultra-budget phones to mid-range ones. Our carefully compiled list of Lava phone prices is made to ensure that you can conveniently find out the prices of different models and compare them with each other. If you click any phone’s name you will be taken to the complete Lava mobile specifications of that phone along with a brief review by Cashify’s experts. Further, if you want you can also compare Lava mobiles to see exactly what the differences are between up to three products at the same time. Going through this list could also help you find out about certain phones that you might not be aware of.
- Everything You Need To Know About iPadOS 14!25 Jun 2020