Top Common Problems With iOS 13 – How To Fix Them!
With every new release of software or hardware we encounter new issues and fixes to the previous issues, iOS 13 is no different and continues to be plagued with more glitches as we push deeper into 2020. Apple continues to fix the bugs in iOS 13 and solve the performance issues, but we see and hear complaints from iPhone users who have moved from iOS 12 to iOS 13 and from older versions of iOS 13 to iOS 13.5. There are several bugs, and some are noticeable only to a subset of users, luckily, we have compiled a list of the common problems that iOS 13 users are facing and how to fix them.
Highlights of the Story
- iOS 13 is plagued with software bugs and performance issues despite multiple releases from Apple in an attempt to fix bugs
- There are many common problems encountered by users including Wi-Fi issues, Bluetooth issues, UI lag and more
- Luckily most of the issues mentioned above are common and have simple fixes as outlined in this article
Every software update comes with solutions to the older issues and a few new ones as well. iOS 13 continues to plague iPhone users as we push deeper into 2020. Despite multiple fixes being issued by Apple for iOS, we hear more complaints about users moving from iOS 12 to iOS 13 and even iOS 13 users moving from older versions to iOS 13.5 and newer. Users have reported a varied list of issues including Abnormal Battery drain, Bluetooth problems, UI Lag, Crashes, and more. There are also other issues that have been carried over from iOS 12 to iOS 13.
While some of these issues require a software update from Apple to fix and some more require a visit to the Apple Store, there are other issues that can be easily fixed in a matter of minutes. If you haven’t already tried, then it might be a good option to try updating to the latest version of iOS 13 to see if the previous bugs have been fixed. Apple’s software updates almost always bring new fixes to bugs and it is certainly worth considering if you are facing any software issues.
There are some steps you can take to fix some of the common issues on iOS 13. If you are noticing battery drain, connectivity problems, or anything else that you feel might be a software issue then follow this guide to find a possible solution.
Also Read: Top New Smartphone Roundup: May 2020
How to Fix iOS 13 Installation Issues
If your iOS 13 installation gets stuck in between, and this happens quite often while upgrading a software. The fix for this is easy and you should be able to get it out easily. You might want to perform a hard reset to get out of the stuck situation. To do so on older iPhone models you can hold the power button and the home button at the same time until the device reboots. If you own an iPhone 8 then press the volume up and release, then hold the power button for about 5 to 10 seconds until the device resets. If you own an iPhone X or newer smartphone then you will need to press the volume up, volume down and then the side button on the right corner of the device until the device reboots.
If you feel that the download is taking longer than usual you might want to wait a few minutes and try again. You can also check with your router, restart the device, and if nothing else works then you can visit the service page of Apple to see if there is an outage.
How to Fix iOS 13 Battery Issues
If your iPhone is draining faster than normal, there are a few things you can try. If you are experiencing extreme battery drain after installing the update of iOS 13, there are a few fixes you can try.
- Restart the phone to see if the battery life has improved, there might be an app that is misbehaving that might cause the issue
- If your phone is giving issues and there is a newer version of iOS 13 then consider updating to see if the issue is fixed
- Check for App updates, there might be an update to the Apps you are using which might fix the issue
- Try to Reset All the Settings to see if it works, you can find this in the General section of the Settings app
- Try using the Screen Time feature to see if it could help you conserve battery
- iOS 13 comes with a Low Power Mode that helps you conserve battery by shutting off services such as Automatic Downloads, Hey Siri, and more. Give this mode a try.
- You can Turn on Optimized Battery Charging that can help you reduce the battery aging
How to Fix iOS 13 Bluetooth or Wi-Fi Issues
If you are facing a Bluetooth connectivity issue to connect your iPhone, then there are a few steps you can take. The first step you can take is to forget the Bluetooth connection on your device. To do so, head over to the Settings app on the iPhone, tap on Bluetooth and select the connection using the “I” icon in the circle. Tap on the Forget this Device option and then try reconnecting the device to see if the connection succeeds.
Also Read: Get Set Go: Best Travel Apps On Android
If this doesn’t work, then you can try resetting the network settings on your iPhone. Go to the General section of the Settings app and tap on the Reset option, choose the Reset Network Settings option. This will take a few seconds to complete and it will cause your iPhone to forget all the known Bluetooth devices. It will also cause the device to forget all known Wi-Fi devices, so it is a better choice to keep your passwords handy.
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.