How To Use Facebook’s Messenger Rooms Video Chat Feature!
Facebook’s new group video chat feature Messenger Rooms is now available and is ready to compete with services such as Cisco WebEx, Google Meet, Zoom, and others as more and more people turn to video chat during the coronavirus pandemic. Facebook’s new video chat service allows users to invite up to 50 people to join a call even if the users do not have a Facebook account. There is no time limit on the calls makes it a very prospective option for users. Messenger rooms arrive at a time when people are looking for alternatives for Zoom due to the multiple security and privacy issues that it is being plagued with.
Highlights of the Story
- The new Messenger Rooms feature from Facebook supports group video calls with up to 50 users even if they are not on Facebook
- This allows users to choose from yet another option if they are looking for a Zoom alternative given the multiple privacy and security concerns that have sparked up in and around Zoom
- The Messenger Rooms feature does not come with a time limit that is imposed by Softwares like Zoom in the free version
Facebook Messenger Rooms began rolling out to a few markets in May and recently expanded to a global rollout. This new product from Facebook allows users to be a part of the video call without even having a Facebook account. The Messenger Rooms offers support for as many as 50 users and does not come with any time limit, making it a much better choice for many users.
Facebook Messenger Rooms aims to compete with the offerings of Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, and others who are offering simple video conferencing tools for business and personal users.
According to the company, more than 700 million accounts participate in voice or video calls every day on the Facebook messenger platform and WhatsApp, and this number has doubled in many areas after the beginning of the Coronavirus pandemic. Messenger Rooms privacy protections allow you to see who is in your room and lock it to prevent unwanted members to add to the group video conference.
When the room is unlocked users will be able to join the call using the link, but the creator has the ability to start the call. The creator of the room has better control and can control who joins the call or even remove participants at any time.
Also read: Best Oppo Mobile Phones
How to Create a Facebook Messenger Room
To create a Messenger room from your phone, make sure that you have the latest version of both Facebook and the Messenger installed from App Store or Google Play Store. Once you have the latest versions installed then you can proceed with the steps given below.
- Open the messenger app and then tap on the People tab to the bottom right of the screen
- Tap on the Create a Room option and select the people that you want to join
- To share a room with other people that do not have a Facebook account you can send them a personalized link to the room, you can also share the room in your News Feed, Groups or Pages and invite users to join
The users can join a room from their phone or computer, there is no separate software that needs to be downloaded on a computer and it will start working right away. Facebook is planning to integrate the Rooms with Instagram Direct, WhatsApp for a better integration.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 20000
- Is Google Pixel 4A a good pick in 2021? Should you invest in it right now? Read to know more.
- IPL Live Streaming Free Online: Best Free Ways to Watch IPL 2021 Cricket Matches on Your Mobile PhoneBest Free Ways to Watch IPL 2021 Cricket Matches for Free
- Read this to know the top five reasons to buy the all-new Vivo X60 Pro Plus.
- How To Save Your Smartphone From Water Damage During Holi
- Recently OPPO launched its latest smartphone, OPPO F19 Pro+ 5G. Speaking of the name first, Oppo could have used some other short and crisp name and yes there is 5G also. Here is a quick review of the all-new OPPO F19 Pro+ 5G in just 2 minutes. Design As for the design, there has been…