How To Mirror Android Phone’s Screen To Chromecast Or Built-in Chromecast Android TV!
Chromecast was launched by Google several years ago now and we have even seen a second iteration of the same along with a 4K compatible version. Also, most modern Android TV’s now come with Chromecast built-in and allow users to stream directly to the TV without the need for an external dongle. Chromecast allows users to share an app, photo, YouTube video, or even the smartphone screen to the TV display wirelessly as long as they are on the same Wi-Fi network. The ease of use of Chromecast has led to widespread adoption and now most major apps, smartphones, and TV’s come with in-built support.
Highlights of the Story
- Chromecast is a Wi-Fi-connected wireless streaming HDMI dongle that can be connected to a regular HDMI TV to enable smart features
- Most modern Android TV’s and smartphones come with support for Chromecast and allow you to stream the photos, videos and more without the need for an additional dongle
- Chromecast also allows you to stream the contents of the screen wirelessly to the TV without the need of an HDMI cable or anything
While Chromecast dongles have been available for a while now and have helped in converting a regular TV to a Smart TV and allowing the easy and wireless streaming of content, most modern Android TV’s come with Chromecast built-in further increasing the ease and reducing the reliance on external hardware. Google’s smart home ecosystem integrates Android TV, Chromecast, Google Home assistant and more to improve the experience of the user. If you bought a TV from a popular brand in the recent few years then there are high chances that your Smart TV has Chromecast built-in.
Also Read: How To Change Your Snapchat Username!
Chromecast allows you to mirror the smartphone screen to the TV, while the exact process might vary from device to device and will keep evolving. You can easily find the cast/screen mirroring option in the quick access navigation section. In case you are looking for a way to stream local content from your phone or mirror your smartphone’s display to show unsupported content on a bigger TV screen then here are some steps you can follow.
Also Read: How To Save Battery Life On iPhone!
How to Mirror Android Phone’s Display to Chromecast using Cast Option
- The first step is to ensure that both, the TV and the Chromecast are plugged into a power supply, also ensure that the Chromecast is set up and connected to a Wi-Fi network
- Make sure that the smartphone you want to mirror or cast is also connected to the same Wi-Fi.
- Open the Quick Settings panel of the control center of the Android smartphone and look for the cast option. This might also be called as screen mirroring in some cases
- If you do not find this case tile, you can tap on the option to edit or customize the quick setting tiles arrangement and then drag the relevant option to your required position
- Once you tap on the Cast option it will automatically look and detect the supported devices in the nearby proximity and devices connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- Choose the device of your choice and confirm the casting of the display to begin the mirroring process.
While this is an extremely simple option, there are some situations when this feature might not work as intended. In such cases you might want to use the Google Home app that was used for the setup of Google Home or Chromecast, this app will allow you to cast your display to the TV using Chromecast.
How to Mirror the Display to Chromecast using the Google Home App
- Start off by ensuring that the devices are connected to a power supply and the Chromecast is connected to a Wi-Fi of your choice, this should be the same Wi-Fi that you stream the content from
- Your Chromecast or Smart Android TV will either be listed under the home or “Other cast devices” option, look for the device that you want to cast to.
- When you locate the TV or Chromecast that you want to mirror the display to, select the “Cast my screen” option listed as a suggestion to the bottom, tap on this choice and your casting will begin to display your smartphone screen.
Also read: Mobile Charging Jack Repair
- Why You Must Sell Your Samsung Galaxy S9 Now?Mon, 13 Jul'20Few reasons why this is the right time to sell one of the most popular and loved flagship device, the Samsung Galaxy S9.
- A funny interview with a mobile phone reseller who makes the video fun with his Punjabi accent.
- Best Not So Popular Non-Chinese AppsThu, 2 Jul'20Let us discuss a few applications which are the best not so popular non-Chinese apps. You must have these apps on your smartphones.
- How To Make A Wifi Signal Booster At Home?Sat, 9 May'20While we are all locked at home, we are using our Wifi a lot. We all want high-speed internet and if the speed of wifi goes down, all of us start to panic. Are you looking for tips on how to improve your wifi signal? Few simple household hacks can make your life easier. Watch…
- Cashify 21Day Lockdown Challenge: Week 2 & 3 RoundUpThu, 16 Apr'20Staying indoors doesn’t mean you can’t keep yourself active, productive, and have some fun. So here’s presenting #CashifyChallenge where each day of the #21DayLockdown we’ve been challenging people to make good use of their time at home. From push-ups to plank and keeping surroundings clean, take a look at the best of these challenges from…
You May Also ReadView All
iQOO, which emerged as a wild-card entry into this emerging smartphone market, gained a very solid reputation with just a single handset. With just the iQOO 3 available in the market, we are expecting a bunch of new offerings from the company in the coming months. Since the brand is new, buyers tend to neglect the powerful price to the performance that the company is offering. To get a deeper look inside, we have combined this IQOO price list for you which would let you check IQOO devices and their variants available in India right now. With a very small product line-up presently and the iQOO Z1 5G on the way, the decision to choose or wait for the right model is not difficult. Hence, our comprehensive
collection of IQOO price list 2020 will allow you to see all IQOO mobiles price in India. Here you will also find complete IQOO mobile specifications so you can easily look at the highlights like a big battery, a powerful chipset or a great camera. The list will be followed by an honest review of each device by our Cashify experts so you know exactly how the phone performs in the real world.
Lenovo, although struggling with poor smartphone sales over the past years, offers some of the decently crafted devices in the Indian market. The devices often bring satisfactory performance at a justifiable price tag. With numerous devices offering the trendiest features in its portfolio, we have combined this Lenovo mobile price list for you so you can analyse specifications and prices of all Lenovo devices available in India right now. Lenovo has smartphones mostly in the budget to the mid-range segment, so our Lenovo price comparison becomes necessary to help consumers make the correct decision when they are choosing a smartphone to invest in. So, here’s a detailed collection of Lenovo phones which would make you clear about the devices that the company offers when you see all Lenovo mobiles price in India. This complete Lenovo price list includes each and every device to help you take a closer look at what the handset offers. You can also see Lenovo mobile phone
specifications along with our Cashify expert review of each Lenovo mobile to you know exactly how the device delivers in real-life usage along with all its pros and cons.
Huawei sub-brand Honor has a lot of smartphones in its portfolio. With Honor routinely adding new devices and updating the smartphone line-up, users get puzzled when they think of getting an upgrade for their existing device. To help you make the right decision, we present you with a specially designed, detailed Honor price list 2020 for those of you planning to buy an Honor device as your next smartphone. With numerous smartphones at a very similar price range, our carefully designed Honor price list will also follow up with a very detailed and honest review by Cashify’s experts after you click on a particular phone so that you can analyse the differences between various devices. With the help of this list, you can obtain a full Honor price comparison of all the company’s devices that are in the market right now.
You will also get to know the upgrades in different models along with Honor’s latest price list India along with their respective RAM/storage variants. A quick look at these Honor specifications of a device gives you an idea about the hardware and software offerings and would get you aware about those devices which are in the market right not but not known to you.
The Taiwanese brand, Asus is one of the most prominent Smartphones brands in India. With the alluring Stock-alike UI and timely updates, the brand has recently gained a decent popularity in the Indian markets. With a focus on budget and mid-range smartphones, they offer a perfect blend of hardware and overall features. So, here is the Asus price list of handpicked Asus smartphones in India for you. This would allow hopping into with precise Asus specifications to ease out the choosing factor for you. It covers all dimensions from budget series, i.e. Zenphone to Budget Flagship ‘6z’ and most loved, the ROG series. It may make it effortless for the user to analyze the best model according to the requirements and price constraints. Asus price list India also contains all the relevant systematised information like different models, storage variants, etc. To get rid of the haunting confusion, you may go through the Expert Review from Cashify for all smartphones in the Asus price comparison and get an overview of the in-hand and out of the box experience and ease your selection process with the listed Pros and Cons.
Google has been creating Android which runs almost all the phones ever since smartphones came into the market. Google started creating its own smartphones and entered the flagship segment with the finest and refined variants from the brand in the Google Pixel Series. There are always 3 to 4 variants for every new series launched, like Google Pixel 3, Google Pixel 3XL, Google Pixel 3A, Google Pixel 3A XL, all differing by size and specs a little here and there. To make it all easier for the user to understand the best model
to choose from according to the requirements, we have speculated a detailed Google price list 2020 for the buyers. This list can be helpful in letting you know about the Google devices launched in the market and obtain a detailed Google price comparison for them. There are a lot of devices in the Google Pixel range which never make to the Indian market and there are other devices that have a major price difference in terms of storage options and availability. It can become impossible in that case to pick the best for you. This Google price list will assist you to choose one for you by letting you check out detailed expert reviews curated especially by Cashify’s experts keeping in mind the user’s requirements. This list includes information on the different models, storage variants and Google’s latest price list after analysis on the needs and budget of the consumers. The list also shares the details, internals and Google specifications of the devices you have an eye on.
Below are the top Google Mobile Phone in India:
- How To Change Alexa Language To Hindi!30 Jun 2020