How To Change Your Snapchat Username!
Social media sites have changed a lot about how we live our lives overall. With the evolution of the popular social media and messaging platforms such as WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat, and more it is extremely easy now to communicate with others. We use these platforms to share instant updates about our lives and send pictures and messages to our friends and family. Snapchat is one such famous instant photo messaging application that became extremely famous for the privacy features it offered. Here’s how to update and change the Snapchat display name or username on your smartphone
Highlights of the Story
- Among all the social media networks and instant messaging Snapchat was able to make it big in the market given all the privacy features that it offered
- Snapchat allows users to send disappearing images and videos to other users that expire after being viewed once
- Snapchat offers a secure medium of communicating as there is no trail left behind for the images and photos you send to others
We see new social media, instant messaging and multimedia platforms emerge very often and it is extremely difficult for a new app to make it big in the market and garner attention from users and media. Snapchat is one app that was very successful in getting the attention and staying atop of it with its immense importance to the privacy of users. Snapchat allows users to send and receive disappearing images, videos, and texts thereby enhancing the privacy of users and ensuring that no trail is left behind for your online social activity.
At the time of creating a new Snapchat account, users need to enter details such as username, password, display name, and other details. The app also gives suggestions for setting username and after setting up a new account you might not find an option for editing your username easily on Snapchat.
Most people presume that changing the username on Snapchat is a cakewalk until they actually go ahead and try to make that change. If you think that you will be able to change the username of your Snapchat account easily by navigating to the settings and clicking edit on your username then you are wrong, there is much more complication than you might have imagined
There is no such way for changing and updating the Snapchat username so easily. Snapchat doesn’t let the users change this detail about their account for security reasons. You will have to stick to the current username as long as you have the account. Luckily, there is an easy way to substitute your Snapchat username with a custom display name. If you find the process challenging, then this post shows you the easiest 2 ways of dealing with this issue and changing your Snapchat username.
There are two simple methods to help the users change their Snapchat username with a simple trick.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 40000
Change Snapchat Username with Custom Display Name
While this doesn’t exactly change the username of your account it is one of the best ways that help users change their Snapchat display name. Snapchat allows the users to choose a display name that appears to their friends and other users when they try to add you as a friend. It is possible to change the display name easily whenever you feel like and it will be visible to all your contacts including the existing ones. The username might be the same for your account, but your display name will be updated to the new one you select.
Also Read: How To Add Music To Instagram Stories!
- Login to the Snapchat app and tap on the tiny ghost icon present in the top left corner of the screen to access your profile
- In the top right corner of the screen, you will find the gear icon to go to the settings
- The initial settings are related to your username, tapping on it will not change anything, instead, you will be able to share your Snapchat username with the other apps
- Now tap on the name option and you will be able to edit your first name and last name from their fields, you can also choose to leave the last name field empty.
- Once you hit the save button the changes will be made effective and your friends will now see the name that you have saved
Change the Snapchat Username using the Email ID
The previous method mentioned above is relatively easier and did not involve the creation of a new account, this method stated below is very different. It allows you to change the Snapchat username using an alternate account created using a different email address, follow the steps below to understand the process and change your username.
Also Read: Get Set Go: Best Travel Apps On Android
- Open the Snapchat app and access your profile, got to the settings and scroll down to find the Log Out option and tap on it
- After you have successfully logged out of the application, tap on the Sign-up button and enter the required details while using a different email address from the one that you have used before
- Now go to the profile and tap on the Add Friends option and choose Add from Contacts, hit the continue option and wait for a while
- In the next pop-up window that opens you select Ok and enable the Snapchat to access your contacts
- Now add the contacts from your preference and log into your Snapchat account to access your profile
- You can now select My Friends option to choose any user for their Snapchat username to popup
- Now you can add the necessary friends from your old account by username and then delete the old account
- You can go to accounts.snapchat.com using a web browser and log in with your Snapchat credentials
- From the next menu, you can select the Delete My Account option and enter the details again to confirm
- After your account is deleted successfully you can tap on the Signup button and create a new account by entering the new username of your choice
- After your account is set up you can login to your account and Add Friends from your contacts or using their usernames
- iQOO 7 Camera Review - Stock Camera Vs Gcam Comparison
- iQOO 7 Extreme Gaming Test - PUBG, COD Mobile, and Asphalt 9 Gameplay
- All truths revealed about the most-awaited 5G availability in India
- Mi 11X Pro vs OnePlus 9R vs iPhone 11 Full Comparison
- 25 most interesting questions with the gaming beast, iQOO 7 5G