How To Make And Receive Calls From Your Laptop Or PC!
During the pandemic, as more and more people work from home it is common to have a very simple setup. If you use your personal computer a lot throughout the day and wish to even take or make calls from your PC, then it is now possible with the new Phone app from Microsoft. This app tries to bring the functionality that Apple has had for a while now. An iPhone user can take calls from their Mac as long as they are connected to the same iCloud account and now with the new Phone app from Microsoft and a compatible Android smartphone you can get the same access on your Android smartphone.
Highlights of the Story
- For users how to spend a lot of time on their PC or Computer, the prospect of taking and making calls from the computer is a very appealing one
- This feature was enabled in the Apple ecosystem for a while now and you could take calls from a Mac if you have an iPhone
- Microsoft now brings this functionality to Windows and Android with its all-new Phone app.
Microsoft has released a new “Your Phone Companion” App for Android that allows you to see the incoming notifications, calls, messages, and photos on your Windows PC. The application was unveiled bare bones and now comes with a very useful ability to make and receive calls on your PC without reaching for your smartphone. The app can seamlessly transfer calls between your PC and phone in case you want to switch back to your mobile for whatever reason.
The setup for this isn’t very difficult although there are a few requirements that you will have to take note before diving into the steps. The first step is that you will need a PC running on Windows 10 version 1803 or higher. You can use any kind of desktop, laptop, or table either based on ARM or x64 for this feature. You will also need an Android smartphone with version 7.0 or higher. While the process by itself isn’t difficult, it certainly is lengthy.
Also read: Best Mobile Phones Under 50,000
How to Make or Receive Calls from PC
To get started with the process you will need to set up the Android smartphone and your PC to talk to each other and for this, you will need the app installed on both the devices.
- The first step is to download the app on your phone from the Google Play Store
- The next step will involve downloading the Your Phone app on your PC form the Microsoft Store, the app might already be installed on your PC so it might be a better option to search the apps list first
- Make sure that you are signed in with a Microsoft account on your PC, you can go to the Account section of the Settings app to enable this
- Once the app is installed on your Smartphone you can open it and sign in with your Microsoft account. You will need to agree and give it permission to access your contacts, phone logs, text messages, and media for the app to work perfectly
- After you sign in on both the device, they are ready to begin communication, make sure that both the devices are on the same Wi-Fi network and then open the Phone App on your PC
- If your phone is not set up properly then you will be asked to select between Android and iOS, this might mean that you have not signed in with the same account on both the devices
- Once you have the Phone and PC link established then you will get a persistent notification on your mobile which will ask you to verify the connection and allow it on your smartphone
- At this point your phone should show up in the “Your Phone Companion” app on the PC and will include tabs for Calls at the bottom of the list, you can go the tab to make and receive calls.
For this option to work properly you will need to enable Bluetooth on your smartphone and connect it to your PC, The app on your PC will prompt you to pair and connect your smartphone to the PC and then you will be good to go. To connect your phone, you will have to enable pairing in your Android phone and look for the PC in your settings, here enable Bluetooth and tap on Pair a new device and connect to the PC.
Follow similar steps on the PC and go to the Bluetooth & Other devices setting and Add Bluetooth or Another device, select Bluetooth and tap on the connect options on your smartphone. It should show the same PIN on both the devices and you can confirm that you are connecting to the correct device.
Open the calls section in the Your Phone section of the app on the PC and you will get a notification on the phone that will need approval. Once you have approved this notification, you will be able to see the recent calls on your PC and also have a be able to make calls. Make sure that your headset, speaker, and microphone settings are configured correctly on your PC and you will be able to make and receive calls easily from the comfort of your PC.
- Why You Must Sell Your Samsung Galaxy S9 Now?Mon, 13 Jul'20Few reasons why this is the right time to sell one of the most popular and loved flagship device, the Samsung Galaxy S9.
- A funny interview with a mobile phone reseller who makes the video fun with his Punjabi accent.
- Best Not So Popular Non-Chinese AppsThu, 2 Jul'20Let us discuss a few applications which are the best not so popular non-Chinese apps. You must have these apps on your smartphones.
- How To Make A Wifi Signal Booster At Home?Sat, 9 May'20While we are all locked at home, we are using our Wifi a lot. We all want high-speed internet and if the speed of wifi goes down, all of us start to panic. Are you looking for tips on how to improve your wifi signal? Few simple household hacks can make your life easier. Watch…
- Cashify 21Day Lockdown Challenge: Week 2 & 3 RoundUpThu, 16 Apr'20Staying indoors doesn’t mean you can’t keep yourself active, productive, and have some fun. So here’s presenting #CashifyChallenge where each day of the #21DayLockdown we’ve been challenging people to make good use of their time at home. From push-ups to plank and keeping surroundings clean, take a look at the best of these challenges from…
You May Also ReadView All
iQOO, which emerged as a wild-card entry into this emerging smartphone market, gained a very solid reputation with just a single handset. With just the iQOO 3 available in the market, we are expecting a bunch of new offerings from the company in the coming months. Since the brand is new, buyers tend to neglect the powerful price to the performance that the company is offering. To get a deeper look inside, we have combined this IQOO price list for you which would let you check IQOO devices and their variants available in India right now. With a very small product line-up presently and the iQOO Z1 5G on the way, the decision to choose or wait for the right model is not difficult. Hence, our comprehensive
collection of IQOO price list 2020 will allow you to see all IQOO mobiles price in India. Here you will also find complete IQOO mobile specifications so you can easily look at the highlights like a big battery, a powerful chipset or a great camera. The list will be followed by an honest review of each device by our Cashify experts so you know exactly how the phone performs in the real world.
Lenovo, although struggling with poor smartphone sales over the past years, offers some of the decently crafted devices in the Indian market. The devices often bring satisfactory performance at a justifiable price tag. With numerous devices offering the trendiest features in its portfolio, we have combined this Lenovo mobile price list for you so you can analyse specifications and prices of all Lenovo devices available in India right now. Lenovo has smartphones mostly in the budget to the mid-range segment, so our Lenovo price comparison becomes necessary to help consumers make the correct decision when they are choosing a smartphone to invest in. So, here’s a detailed collection of Lenovo phones which would make you clear about the devices that the company offers when you see all Lenovo mobiles price in India. This complete Lenovo price list includes each and every device to help you take a closer look at what the handset offers. You can also see Lenovo mobile phone
specifications along with our Cashify expert review of each Lenovo mobile to you know exactly how the device delivers in real-life usage along with all its pros and cons.
Huawei sub-brand Honor has a lot of smartphones in its portfolio. With Honor routinely adding new devices and updating the smartphone line-up, users get puzzled when they think of getting an upgrade for their existing device. To help you make the right decision, we present you with a specially designed, detailed Honor price list 2020 for those of you planning to buy an Honor device as your next smartphone. With numerous smartphones at a very similar price range, our carefully designed Honor price list will also follow up with a very detailed and honest review by Cashify’s experts after you click on a particular phone so that you can analyse the differences between various devices. With the help of this list, you can obtain a full Honor price comparison of all the company’s devices that are in the market right now.
You will also get to know the upgrades in different models along with Honor’s latest price list India along with their respective RAM/storage variants. A quick look at these Honor specifications of a device gives you an idea about the hardware and software offerings and would get you aware about those devices which are in the market right not but not known to you.
The Taiwanese brand, Asus is one of the most prominent Smartphones brands in India. With the alluring Stock-alike UI and timely updates, the brand has recently gained a decent popularity in the Indian markets. With a focus on budget and mid-range smartphones, they offer a perfect blend of hardware and overall features. So, here is the Asus price list of handpicked Asus smartphones in India for you. This would allow hopping into with precise Asus specifications to ease out the choosing factor for you. It covers all dimensions from budget series, i.e. Zenphone to Budget Flagship ‘6z’ and most loved, the ROG series. It may make it effortless for the user to analyze the best model according to the requirements and price constraints. Asus price list India also contains all the relevant systematised information like different models, storage variants, etc. To get rid of the haunting confusion, you may go through the Expert Review from Cashify for all smartphones in the Asus price comparison and get an overview of the in-hand and out of the box experience and ease your selection process with the listed Pros and Cons.
Google has been creating Android which runs almost all the phones ever since smartphones came into the market. Google started creating its own smartphones and entered the flagship segment with the finest and refined variants from the brand in the Google Pixel Series. There are always 3 to 4 variants for every new series launched, like Google Pixel 3, Google Pixel 3XL, Google Pixel 3A, Google Pixel 3A XL, all differing by size and specs a little here and there. To make it all easier for the user to understand the best model
to choose from according to the requirements, we have speculated a detailed Google price list 2020 for the buyers. This list can be helpful in letting you know about the Google devices launched in the market and obtain a detailed Google price comparison for them. There are a lot of devices in the Google Pixel range which never make to the Indian market and there are other devices that have a major price difference in terms of storage options and availability. It can become impossible in that case to pick the best for you. This Google price list will assist you to choose one for you by letting you check out detailed expert reviews curated especially by Cashify’s experts keeping in mind the user’s requirements. This list includes information on the different models, storage variants and Google’s latest price list after analysis on the needs and budget of the consumers. The list also shares the details, internals and Google specifications of the devices you have an eye on.
Below are the top Google Mobile Phone in India:
- How To Change Alexa Language To Hindi!30 Jun 2020