How To Make And Receive Calls From Your Laptop Or PC!
During the pandemic, as more and more people work from home it is common to have a very simple setup. If you use your personal computer a lot throughout the day and wish to even take or make calls from your PC, then it is now possible with the new Phone app from Microsoft. This app tries to bring the functionality that Apple has had for a while now. An iPhone user can take calls from their Mac as long as they are connected to the same iCloud account and now with the new Phone app from Microsoft and a compatible Android smartphone you can get the same access on your Android smartphone.
Highlights of the Story
- For users how to spend a lot of time on their PC or Computer, the prospect of taking and making calls from the computer is a very appealing one
- This feature was enabled in the Apple ecosystem for a while now and you could take calls from a Mac if you have an iPhone
- Microsoft now brings this functionality to Windows and Android with its all-new Phone app.
Microsoft has released a new “Your Phone Companion” App for Android that allows you to see the incoming notifications, calls, messages, and photos on your Windows PC. The application was unveiled bare bones and now comes with a very useful ability to make and receive calls on your PC without reaching for your smartphone. The app can seamlessly transfer calls between your PC and phone in case you want to switch back to your mobile for whatever reason.
The setup for this isn’t very difficult although there are a few requirements that you will have to take note before diving into the steps. The first step is that you will need a PC running on Windows 10 version 1803 or higher. You can use any kind of desktop, laptop, or table either based on ARM or x64 for this feature. You will also need an Android smartphone with version 7.0 or higher. While the process by itself isn’t difficult, it certainly is lengthy.
Also read: Best Mobile Phones Under 50,000
How to Make or Receive Calls from PC
To get started with the process you will need to set up the Android smartphone and your PC to talk to each other and for this, you will need the app installed on both the devices.
- The first step is to download the app on your phone from the Google Play Store
- The next step will involve downloading the Your Phone app on your PC form the Microsoft Store, the app might already be installed on your PC so it might be a better option to search the apps list first
- Make sure that you are signed in with a Microsoft account on your PC, you can go to the Account section of the Settings app to enable this
- Once the app is installed on your Smartphone you can open it and sign in with your Microsoft account. You will need to agree and give it permission to access your contacts, phone logs, text messages, and media for the app to work perfectly
- After you sign in on both the device, they are ready to begin communication, make sure that both the devices are on the same Wi-Fi network and then open the Phone App on your PC
- If your phone is not set up properly then you will be asked to select between Android and iOS, this might mean that you have not signed in with the same account on both the devices
- Once you have the Phone and PC link established then you will get a persistent notification on your mobile which will ask you to verify the connection and allow it on your smartphone
- At this point your phone should show up in the “Your Phone Companion” app on the PC and will include tabs for Calls at the bottom of the list, you can go the tab to make and receive calls.
For this option to work properly you will need to enable Bluetooth on your smartphone and connect it to your PC, The app on your PC will prompt you to pair and connect your smartphone to the PC and then you will be good to go. To connect your phone, you will have to enable pairing in your Android phone and look for the PC in your settings, here enable Bluetooth and tap on Pair a new device and connect to the PC.
Follow similar steps on the PC and go to the Bluetooth & Other devices setting and Add Bluetooth or Another device, select Bluetooth and tap on the connect options on your smartphone. It should show the same PIN on both the devices and you can confirm that you are connecting to the correct device.
Open the calls section in the Your Phone section of the app on the PC and you will get a notification on the phone that will need approval. Once you have approved this notification, you will be able to see the recent calls on your PC and also have a be able to make calls. Make sure that your headset, speaker, and microphone settings are configured correctly on your PC and you will be able to make and receive calls easily from the comfort of your PC.
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.