How To Make And Receive Calls From Your Laptop Or PC!
During the pandemic, as more and more people work from home it is common to have a very simple setup. If you use your personal computer a lot throughout the day and wish to even take or make calls from your PC, then it is now possible with the new Phone app from Microsoft. This app tries to bring the functionality that Apple has had for a while now. An iPhone user can take calls from their Mac as long as they are connected to the same iCloud account and now with the new Phone app from Microsoft and a compatible Android smartphone you can get the same access on your Android smartphone.
Table Of Contents
- 1How to Make or Receive Calls from PC
- 2At last
Highlights of the Story
- For users how to spend a lot of time on their PC or Computer, the prospect of taking and making calls from the computer is a very appealing one
- This feature was enabled in the Apple ecosystem for a while now and you could take calls from a Mac if you have an iPhone
- Microsoft now brings this functionality to Windows and Android with its all-new Phone app.
Microsoft’s new “Your Phone Companion” app for Android lets you see incoming notifications, calls, messages, and photos on your PC. From now on, you can make and receive calls on your PC without using your smartphone. In addition, the app can seamlessly transfer calls between your PC and phone for whatever reason.
The setup isn’t complicated, but there are a few requirements to be aware of before proceeding. The first step is to need a PC running on Windows 10 version 1803 or higher. You can use any desktop, laptop, or table based on ARM or x64 for this feature. You will also need an Android smartphone with version 7.0 or higher. While the process by itself isn’t complicating, it certainly is lengthy.
Also read: Best Mobile Phones Under 50,000
How to Make or Receive Calls from PC
First, you will need to install the app on both your Android smartphone and your PC.
- The first step is to download the app on your phone from the Google Play Store
- The next step is to download the Your Phone app from the Microsoft Store to your PC. If the app is already on your PC, search the apps list first.
- To enable this, go to the Account section of the Settings app and sign in with a Microsoft account.
- Once the app is on your Smartphone you can open it and sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Once downloaded, open the app and sign in with your Microsoft account. For the app to work properly, you must grant it access to your contacts, phone logs, text messages, and media.
- Connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network, then open the Phone App on your PC.
- If your phone isn’t set up properly, you’ll have to sign in twice between Android and iOS.
- A persistent notification will appear on your phone asking you to confirm and allow the connection.
- In the “Your Phone Companion” app on your PC, click the Calls tab at the bottom of the list.
You can use your computer to make essential calls instead of your phone while working on your PC or laptop. You can focus on your job without constant interruptions from phone calls and texts. Calling from a computer or PC is possible, as is accepting and declining calls using direct push buttons. Calls may get transfer between computers and cell phones using this function.
It helps you make and receive phone calls, send text messages and accept or reject incoming calls. If you have a laptop and a smartphone, you can download the app.
If you’re looking to sell phone online, or want to recycle old phone, try out Cashify’s service. It’s the market leader in the recommerce business and provides the best buyback value for your old device.
For this option to work properly you will need to enable Bluetooth on your smartphone and connect it to your PC, The app on your PC will prompt you to pair and connect your smartphone to the PC and then you will be good to go. To connect your phone, you will have to enable pairing in your Android phone and look for the PC in your settings, here enable Bluetooth and tap on Pair a new device and connect to the PC.
Follow similar steps on the PC and go to the Bluetooth & Other devices setting and Add Bluetooth or Another device, select Bluetooth and tap on the connect options on your smartphone. It should show the same PIN on both the devices and you can confirm that you are connecting to the correct device.
Open the calls section in the Your Phone section of the app on the PC and you will get a notification on the phone that will need approval. Once you have approved this notification, you will be able to see the recent calls on your PC and also have a be able to make calls. Make sure that your headset, speaker, and microphone settings are configured correctly on your PC and you will be able to make and receive calls easily from the comfort of your PC.
- Today, we will be talking about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T 5G which is the first 5G phone offered by Redmi. However, is this a complete budget package? We will explore the features of this phone to know the answer to this question. Let us start with the design of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T…
- OxygenOS has been my favourite Android skin so far since its initial introduction in 2015. It’s been more than 6 years now and I can’t get around with the fact that it will soon be gone. By the next iteration of Android, we might not see OxygenOS, well maybe the name might still survive, but…
- We are going to talk about 5 reasons to buy Tecno Camon 18 in our first impressions, which makes it a great buy for its price point.
- We are going to talk about the 5 reasons why you should buy OnePlus 9R in 2022 at an effective price of Rs 36,999
- There are some things you can do from your end to prevent OnePlus Nord 2 from overheating more than it shouldn’t.