Top 5 Meditation Apps To Keep You Calm During These Tough Times!
The current situation around the world is extremely stressful with people losing their jobs and livelihoods being destroyed. The one thing people crave for the most during these difficult times is peace of mind. We’ve seen people retort to depression and stress in less than ideal ways that have left an everlasting scar in the minds of friends of the family of the victim. Most of us rely on what we already know to calm our minds and refocus on the most important things. Most people often claim that even just a minute or two of mindful thinking and meditation is all that’s needed to lower the levels of stress and to recharge the brain.
Highlights of the Story
- Stress and Depression are two extreme situations that can have a long-term effect on a body
- Meditating and thoughtful thinking for as less as even just 1 or two minutes can help relax the mind, lower the stress levels and make you feel more rejuvenated
- There are several apps on the Google Play Store that help you feel better by helping you relax your mind
Most users feel stressed out due to their work schedule or other personal and professional problems. People often rely on meditation and what they already know to calm their minds and help them refocus on what is needed. Most users have agreed that just a minute or two of mindful breathing and meditation can help lower the stress levels, rejuvenate the body and get them ready for the task in hand.
Most people consider Yoga as a very difficult task and thus feel overwhelmed just by the thought of it. Luckily, you do not need yoga to practice meditation and mindfulness, there are hundreds of smartphone apps such as Calm that can help you teach and practice guided meditation. Several types of research have found that these practices can help reduce stress and improve the quality of living.
With so many options available, there can be difficulty in making the right choice. Here are five apps that offer different types of meditations and mindful exercises. While most of them offer free services there are more details subscription options. These apps offer sessions ranging from one to 30 minutes so it is very likely you will find something that will suit your needs and schedule.
This app comes with multiple meditations and mindful breathing exercises out of which 16 of them are made available for free. This also includes a 7-day program for beginners and includes soothing sounds of nature such as that of rain and mountain lake that help users relax in a noise environment. There is also a free 21-day program allowing users to focus on managing stress and also calming the anxiety. The options are many and there are sessions ranging from 3 minutes to 30 minutes.
The premium plans come with a lot of additional options for a cost of $60 per year (Approx. Rs 4,500/year). These in-depth programs cover common topics such as having a better relationship with yourself, engaging, and adopting a healthy sleep cycle, and more.
Buddhify uses a unique approach by matching the meditation based on the need of the hour. Buddhify comes with guided meditation sessions for 14 different activities and encourages users to take a work break to deal with difficult and taxing situations. Irrespective of the current emotional and mental state, there is generally at least one meditation exercise to help you get through it. Buddhify is one of the best options for those who are already acquainted with mindfulness and do not need additional motivation to get started.
This app has become one of the very popular apps after its launch way back in 2012. The guided meditations are offered by the founder who was a former Buddhist monk. Besides the simple instructions, the meditations of Headspace also teach you simple breathing and body awareness exercises to keep your body engaged and free from fatigue. The Headspace app comes with minute-long meditations for instances where you wish to energize your body very quickly.
Also Read: Get Set Go: Best Travel Apps On Android
There are also options to help you focus on specific issues such as anxiety, focus, and stress. The app comes with a guided sleep meditation to help you get a full night’s rest while sleeping at the night. Headspace is extremely ideal if you are just getting started and wish to establish a routine.
The Aura app focuses on short bursts and lasts three, seven, or ten minutes making it an ideal choice for people on the go. The subscription comes with access to more than 1,000 guided meditation and mindful exercises. Aura is a great choice for people who enjoy analytics and asks you questions after each session about your current mood to build a graph that tracks your mood over days. Aura helps you stay on track by sending meditation reminders during the day.
Also Read: How To Add Music To Instagram Stories!
Aura has a limited free plan so if you plan to invest some money in the app then it is truly worth the money costing only $30(Rs 2250) a year or $60(Rs 4500) for the lifetime subscription. The app helps by giving your mind the regular daily break that it needs to remain focused and energized.
Stop, Breathe, and Think
This app is very different from the other options and needs more structure and motivation to meditate. The app also explains how mindfulness works as a science and encourages you to think about applying what you learn from the mediation to every other aspect of your life for the best outcome. The app comes with a progress page that tracks the number of days that you have meditated and records the emotional state before and after each session helping you track the progress. You can also earn stickers with your progress making it a fun way to stay motivated.
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…