How To Install Android 10 On Your Smartphone!
Last year in August, Google rebranded Android, and this included the plans to stop using dessert names in future Android releases. The latest versions of Android no longer use dessert names and is simply called as Android 10. This update might take several months to reach a few devices but if you are a Pixel smartphone owner then you can download the latest update since the day of the release. Several other manufacturers including OnePlus, Xiaomi, Samsung, and more have shipped out updates to the latest Android 10 based software for some of their smartphones.
Highlights of the Story
- Android stopped using dessert names for their software releases and future updates will be directly addressed with their version numbers
- Android 10 was released a long time ago now and has eventually made way to most common smartphones especially the flagships
- If you have not yet received the update on your smartphone then here are a few steps that you can follow to get the latest version of Android on your smartphone
Android has been the operating system of choice for most smartphone users and it has come a long way since it was first launched. The latest version of Android comes with several additional features, bugs, and security enhancements to make the experience smooth. Android 10 has been available to the users to download on their smartphones for a very long time, although the software was initially made available only for Pixel devices, it soon made its way to several OnePlus, Samsung, Xiaomi, and other smartphones. If you own a smartphone that is compatible with Android 10 officially, here are a few ways that you can download the update and install it manually.
Method 1: Downloading the OTA Update
This is the easiest way of updating the software on an Android smartphone. This method comes in-built while using the smartphone and doesn’t require you to reinstall any apps or settings on your smartphone for a very seamless transition. To upgrade your smartphone to Android 10 you will first have to ensure that your smartphone supports Android 10 and an update has been released by the manufacturer, this can be checked easily online with a Google Search.
To update the Android 10 on your compatible Pixel, OnePlus or Samsung smartphone, head over to the settings menu on your smartphone and Select System. Here look for the System Update option and then click on “Check for Update” option. If your smartphone manufacturer has already released an update for your smartphone then it should be automatically downloaded, the smartphone will then prompt you to reboot the device to apply the update. Once your smartphone successfully reboots then you will be running Android 10 in no time.
If your smartphone manufacturer has already announced an update but you have not received an OTA update yet, then you can flash a factory image on OnePlus and Pixel devices. It is important to know that the method below will delete all the data on the internal SD card of the smartphone.
Method 2: Flashing your Smartphone with Android 10
Flashing the Android 10 software on your smartphone takes much longer and is not as straight forward as the previous method. If you don’t want to install the over-the-air update for some reason or have not received the OTA update yet, then you can use this method to sideload the factory image on your smartphone manually.
Step 2.1: Download the Required Files
You can generally find the required files for your smartphone online on the manufacturer’s website, several manufactures like Google, OnePlus and a few others post the official OTA files online and you can download the software using the website.
You will need a compatible Pixel, OnePlus, or another smartphone that you already have downloaded OTA images for. You can download the files from the above-given link and copy it to your smartphone to flash the device with the latest software.
Alternatively, if you have downloaded the factory images for your smartphone then follow the guide below to wipe the smartphone and install the latest Android on your smartphone.
You will need the Android SDK installed on your PC or Mac with ADB and Fastboot. You will need 7Zip or a similar too for handling the compressed files and for extracting them, the bootloader of the device will also need to be unlocked before you can proceed with the installation.
Step 2.2: Unlocking the Bootloader
This is where the process gets a little more complicated, the first thing you have to do is to unlock your phone bootloader by using the step-by-step instructions listed below. The process is simple and does not require too much technical knowledge. Unlocking the bootloader will wipe the data on the device and it is better to take a backup before you begin the process.
- To begin the process, turn on the Developer Options by going to the About Phone and tapping on the Build Number seven times
- You will then have to enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock on your device in the Developer options section of the Settings app
- Now plug in your smartphone to the computer using a USB cable and open the command prompt window on the computer
- Reboot the smartphone into bootloader mode by typing “adb reboot bootloader”
- When the device is in the bootloader mode you can type ”fastboot flashing unlock”
- You will now see a confirmation on the screen, use the volume key to highlight yes and then press the power button to select it and start the bootloader unlock process
- After the device is unlocked, your device will reboot into the bootloader mode again, you can type “fastboot reboot” to finish the process and boot the device.
Step 2.3: Flashing Android 10
After the device bootloader is unlocked, flashing can be simple, follow the instructions below to install Android 10 on your smartphone by flashing it.
- Open the bootloader on the smartphone to test and ensure that the device and PC are connected type “fastboot devices”, this should display the serial number of the connected device
- Download the factory image for your smartphone and use 7zip software to extract the files, you will have to extract the compressed file twice to get access to the required files.
- Copy all the files and paste them in the platform-tools folder of the Android SDK on your computer
- You should now find two flash-all files if you are a Windows user click on the one that has a gear logo reading Windows Batch File to the right. Linus users can use flash-all.sh for the same purpose.
- A window should now pop-up to show the installation, make sure your device has enough power before you go ahead with this step and keep the device plugged in
- After the installation is finished, the device should automatically reboot and then you can safely disconnect your smartphone from the computer.
- Time To Sell Your OnePlus 6 NowFri, 31 Jul'20In this video, we tried to list 5 reasons why you have to change your old OnePlus 6 with a brand new phone.
- Top 5 Fitness Apps for Home WorkoutFri, 31 Jul'20Here we have discussed the top five fitness apps that will help you to maintain fitness at home.
- Make A LightBox at Home in 3 Simple StepsMon, 20 Jul'20Now create this photo lightbox at your home with some of the recyclable products.
- Redmi Note 5 Pro: Top Reasons To SellTue, 14 Jul'20In this article, we have discussed the best 5 reasons to sell your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro:
- Top 5 Reasons To Sell Your Old iPhone 6 or iPhone 6STue, 14 Jul'20We have discussed five reasons to sell your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6S
You May Also ReadView All
With leaks and rumors floating around, it’s time to take a look at the most anticipated new phones coming in 2020. We already know the big trends of 2020: 5G is coming, along with it will come bigger batteries in our smartphones, faster speeds, more and better cameras that allow you to zoom further, capture ultra-wide images and get more detail in pictures. Of course, 2020 will also be a hugely important year for foldable phones, an experiment barely launched in 2019, foldable phones should prove their worth in 2020 and compete against traditional smartphones.
With the amount of task processing that today’s smartphone SoC has to accomplish, a good battery backup is a must to have. If your usage also involves a fair amount of gaming, using navigation and the likes, 4000mAh battery mobiles are what you need. 4000mAh battery phones in India have topped the sales rank because of the fact that a fully charged phone will last well for the whole day long depending on how heavily a user uses it. Especially 4000mAh battery phones are mostly bought as the prices are nominal for most individuals. Cashify could help you bridge the premium amount by selling the old phone and receiving the sold amount with just one click at your doorstep. We have sorted out a list of the best 4000mAh battery phones that would be appropriate for users across the globe. With Cashify’s compare option, you can differentiate prices and features easily. Our meticulously created list of Samsung smartphones with battery 4000mAh in India will provide you the most convenient way to compare prices with each other. With a single click on the name label against any phone in the list, you will be taken to the detailed specification of that phone along with a comprehensive review from the Cashify’s review experts. You can compare upto three phones at a time.
Not only this, but you could also sell your refurbished or old phone at a phenomenal cashback price from us with just a single click. Detailed specifications and expert reviews can be found on click over the mobile name in the below mentioned 4000mAh battery mobile list. Be assured, Cashify being the market leader in selling/ buying your old smartphone – you have landed at the right place to make a choice of 4000mAh battery mobile phone in India you always wanted.
Panasonic has been a mediocre performer in the Indian smartphone market for a while now. Although the company has introduced just a few smartphone models, buyers tend to neglect them often. To get a deeper look inside, we have combined this Panasonic price list for you which would let you compare prices of Panasonic devices and their variants available in India right now. With a very small product line-up, the decision to choose the right model with the right variant is not difficult. Hence, our comprehensive collection of Panasonic price list 2020 will allow you to see all Panasonic mobiles price in India. Here you will also find a complete Panasonic mobile specifications so you can easily look at the highlights like a big battery, a powerful chipset or a great camera. The list also contains Panasonic latest price in India. You will also be directed to an honest review of each device by our Cashify experts so you know exactly how the phone performs in the real world with all its pros and cons.
Lava is a budget Indian smartphone manufacturer. We have curated a list of Lava mobiles price list for our customers so they can compare and contrast the cost of various Lava products available in the market. Lava caters to a notable market of consumers, from ultra-budget phones to mid-range ones. Our carefully compiled list of Lava phone prices is made to ensure that you can conveniently find out the prices of different models and compare them with each other. If you click any phone’s name you will be taken to the complete Lava mobile specifications of that phone along with a brief review by Cashify’s experts. Further, if you want you can also compare Lava mobiles to see exactly what the differences are between up to three products at the same time. Going through this list could also help you find out about certain phones that you might not be aware of.