How To Connect Huawei Smartwatch Or Fitness Tracker To Smartphone
Huawei has a good range of smartwatches and fitness trackers including the Watch GT 2e, there are also a few smartwatches and fitness trackers made by the sub-brand Honor. While the devices itself are pretty good and work pretty well, there was a recent change in how you connect these wearables to your smartphone, and this has made the prospect of buying Huawei fitness trackers and smartwatches less appealing. While most Android Wear-based smartwatches offer seamless connectivity, the offerings from Huawei have a few additional steps involved, this article will guide you through the process.
Highlights of the Story
- Huawei is one of the biggest smartphone manufacturers and also produces smartphones and accessories under the sub-brand Honor
- The brand manufactures and sells smartwatches and fitness trackers under the name of Huawei and Honor
- While Android wear devices offer a very simple connection to the smartwatch, the offerings from Honor have a different process to follow
Huawei manufactures and sells a good range of smartphones, smartwatches, and smart fitness trackers including the Watch GT2e and more devices manufactured under the sub-brand Honor. However, in recent times there was a change in how to connect these wearables to your smartphone and this made the prospect of owning and using these devices a little less appealing.
Also Read: Top New Smartphone Roundup: May 2020
The process was rather simple before with a streamlined flow, the current process requires the users to download as many as three apps on the Android phone and the worst part is that not all of these apps are available on the Google Play Store.
This small change certainly does make other companies and their offerings more tempting for many users as people are generally looking for extreme convenience while buying these wearables and these additional steps do add to the discomfort and length of the setup process.
If you already own a Huawei smartwatch or fitness tracker and intend to use it for the near future, then you are forced to go through this tedious process for setup. To improve clarity and reduce confusion we’ve compiled a guide for you on how to connect your Huawei smartwatch or fitness tracker to your smartphone.
Also Read: How To Unblock Yourself On WhatsApp!
How to Connect Huawei Smartwatch or Fitness Tracker to Smartphone
The first step involves that you have the wearable and phone in hand, head to the Google Play Store on the smartphone, and download the Huawei Health app. While most fitness trackers and smartwatches just require one client app on the smartphone, this is just the beginning of the ordeal if you are dealing with a Huawei smartwatch.
- Once you have the Huawei Health app installed you will need to download Huawei Mobile Services for it to work, you can luckily find this app on the Google Play Store. Unfortunately, this variant of the Huawei Mobile Services doesn’t work completely well and the only reasonable way to get it to work is by downloading a third app on your smartphone
- This third app is the Huawei AppGallery and this application is not available on the Google Play Store. This app is essentially a replacement for the Google Play Store on their smartphones given the Huawei ban restricts the company from using Google Play Store on their smartphones. You will need this app to download other apps on a Huawei smartphone and this app will also be needed to connect your smartwatch or fitness tracker from Huawei.
- To download the AppGallery you can go to Huawei’s website and click on the Install Now option, your web browser should now seek permission to download files if you haven’t already. Once the apk for the AppGallery is downloaded then you can install it on your smartphone, you will also need to agree to the permissions during this installation.
- Once the app is set up, use the search option to find ‘HMS Core’ and update it, this should take a short while to process and when it is done the Huawei Mobile Services that you previously downloaded will now be updated and you can use the Huawei Health app without an issue.
- Open the Huawei Health app and sign in with your Huawei ID, you can either create a new account or sign in via SMS to save time.
- Once you are in the Huawei Health app you can set up your wearable by going to the Devices section in the bottom menu and tapping on the Add option and following the instructions you see on screen.
With this step, you should be able to set up your Huawei smartwatch or fitness tracker and have it connected to your smartphone. It does feel like multiple steps just to get your wearable device to work compared to other similar processes of Apple Watch or a Wear OS smartwatch and we hope that Huawei simplifies the process soon. If you have a Huawei smartwatch then you have no choice but to follow the tedious process outlined above to connect the smartwatch or fitness tracker to work on your smartphone.
Also Read: Get Set Go: Best Travel Apps On Android
While Huawei does offer good smartwatches for the price, we are increasingly seeing other options in the budget segment including offerings from Amazfit, Realme, and more that are easier to set up compared to this multiple step process from Huawei. The convenience is generally of prime importance for most users when they are in search of a smartwatch or wearable to track their fitness. This puts the Huawei smartwatches and fitness trackers in a bad spot as the process is extremely complicated when compared to most others setup instructions of other watch manufacturers.
- Time To Sell Your OnePlus 6 NowFri, 31 Jul'20In this video, we tried to list 5 reasons why you have to change your old OnePlus 6 with a brand new phone.
- Top 5 Fitness Apps for Home WorkoutFri, 31 Jul'20Here we have discussed the top five fitness apps that will help you to maintain fitness at home.
- Make A LightBox at Home in 3 Simple StepsMon, 20 Jul'20Now create this photo lightbox at your home with some of the recyclable products.
- Redmi Note 5 Pro: Top Reasons To SellTue, 14 Jul'20In this article, we have discussed the best 5 reasons to sell your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro:
- Top 5 Reasons To Sell Your Old iPhone 6 or iPhone 6STue, 14 Jul'20We have discussed five reasons to sell your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6S
- How To Record Calls On iPhone!23 Jul 2020
You May Also ReadView All
iQOO, which emerged as a wild-card entry into this emerging smartphone market, gained a very solid reputation with just a single handset. With just the iQOO 3 available in the market, we are expecting a bunch of new offerings from the company in the coming months. Since the brand is new, buyers tend to neglect the powerful price to the performance that the company is offering. To get a deeper look inside, we have combined this IQOO price list for you which would let you check IQOO devices and their variants available in India right now. With a very small product line-up presently and the iQOO Z1 5G on the way, the decision to choose or wait for the right model is not difficult. Hence, our comprehensive
collection of IQOO price list 2020 will allow you to see all IQOO mobiles price in India. Here you will also find complete IQOO mobile specifications so you can easily look at the highlights like a big battery, a powerful chipset or a great camera. The list will be followed by an honest review of each device by our Cashify experts so you know exactly how the phone performs in the real world.
Lenovo, although struggling with poor smartphone sales over the past years, offers some of the decently crafted devices in the Indian market. The devices often bring satisfactory performance at a justifiable price tag. With numerous devices offering the trendiest features in its portfolio, we have combined this Lenovo mobile price list for you so you can analyse specifications and prices of all Lenovo devices available in India right now. Lenovo has smartphones mostly in the budget to the mid-range segment, so our Lenovo price comparison becomes necessary to help consumers make the correct decision when they are choosing a smartphone to invest in. So, here’s a detailed collection of Lenovo phones which would make you clear about the devices that the company offers when you see all Lenovo mobiles price in India. This complete Lenovo price list includes each and every device to help you take a closer look at what the handset offers. You can also see Lenovo mobile phone
specifications along with our Cashify expert review of each Lenovo mobile to you know exactly how the device delivers in real-life usage along with all its pros and cons.
Huawei sub-brand Honor has a lot of smartphones in its portfolio. With Honor routinely adding new devices and updating the smartphone line-up, users get puzzled when they think of getting an upgrade for their existing device. To help you make the right decision, we present you with a specially designed, detailed Honor price list 2020 for those of you planning to buy an Honor device as your next smartphone. With numerous smartphones at a very similar price range, our carefully designed Honor price list will also follow up with a very detailed and honest review by Cashify’s experts after you click on a particular phone so that you can analyse the differences between various devices. With the help of this list, you can obtain a full Honor price comparison of all the company’s devices that are in the market right now.
You will also get to know the upgrades in different models along with Honor’s latest price list India along with their respective RAM/storage variants. A quick look at these Honor specifications of a device gives you an idea about the hardware and software offerings and would get you aware about those devices which are in the market right not but not known to you.
The Taiwanese brand, Asus is one of the most prominent Smartphones brands in India. With the alluring Stock-alike UI and timely updates, the brand has recently gained a decent popularity in the Indian markets. With a focus on budget and mid-range smartphones, they offer a perfect blend of hardware and overall features. So, here is the Asus price list of handpicked Asus smartphones in India for you. This would allow hopping into with precise Asus specifications to ease out the choosing factor for you. It covers all dimensions from budget series, i.e. Zenphone to Budget Flagship ‘6z’ and most loved, the ROG series. It may make it effortless for the user to analyze the best model according to the requirements and price constraints. Asus price list India also contains all the relevant systematised information like different models, storage variants, etc. To get rid of the haunting confusion, you may go through the Expert Review from Cashify for all smartphones in the Asus price comparison and get an overview of the in-hand and out of the box experience and ease your selection process with the listed Pros and Cons.
Google has been creating Android which runs almost all the phones ever since smartphones came into the market. Google started creating its own smartphones and entered the flagship segment with the finest and refined variants from the brand in the Google Pixel Series. There are always 3 to 4 variants for every new series launched, like Google Pixel 3, Google Pixel 3XL, Google Pixel 3A, Google Pixel 3A XL, all differing by size and specs a little here and there. To make it all easier for the user to understand the best model
to choose from according to the requirements, we have speculated a detailed Google price list 2020 for the buyers. This list can be helpful in letting you know about the Google devices launched in the market and obtain a detailed Google price comparison for them. There are a lot of devices in the Google Pixel range which never make to the Indian market and there are other devices that have a major price difference in terms of storage options and availability. It can become impossible in that case to pick the best for you. This Google price list will assist you to choose one for you by letting you check out detailed expert reviews curated especially by Cashify’s experts keeping in mind the user’s requirements. This list includes information on the different models, storage variants and Google’s latest price list after analysis on the needs and budget of the consumers. The list also shares the details, internals and Google specifications of the devices you have an eye on.
Below are the top Google Mobile Phone in India: