How To Unblock Yourself On WhatsApp!
WhatsApp is commonly used by most people to exchange messages and is perhaps the most used instant messaging platform in the world right now. WhatsApp enables users to communicate with friends and family with ease just by having their phone number. While this very much adds to the convenience of users, it also means that anyone with your phone number can contact you. While WhatsApp does come with a feature to block unnecessary conversations, it is possible to overcome this block using some workarounds.
Highlights of the Story
- WhatsApp allows users to send and receive messages by just having the users mobile number
- This makes it extremely convenient to contact users and send messages but comes at the cost of getting messages from users that we don’t want
- WhatsApp comes with a feature to block users that you do not want to contact, luckily there is a workaround to bypass this and continue texting
It is an openly accepted truth that most of us, if not all of us have at least been in one situation when we sadly realize that we have been blocked from contacting a contact on WhatsApp.
There are many ways to find out if you have been blocked on WhatsApp, if your messages are not going through and are being stuck in sent or if your calls to the user are not saying “Ringing” over an endured duration then it is likely that you have been blocked by them on WhatsApp.
Also Read: How To Know If You Are Blocked On WhatsApp!
There is no shame in getting blocked by someone on Social Media, however, if you are looking for a solution to get yourself unblocked then there’s a quick hack to get this done.
One of the easiest solutions is to delete your WhatsApp account, uninstall the app, and then re-install the app to set up a new account. Deleting and setting up a fresh account does the trick for most users and this can be a lifesaver if you have been blocked by someone that you absolutely need to contact.
Also Read: How To Share Location On WhatsApp!
How to Unblock yourself on WhatsApp!
- The first step starts by deleting your account, open the WhatsApp messenger on your smartphone and look for the Settings section of the app in the top-right corner
- Tap on the Settings option and then navigate to the Account section of the app that is located immediately next to the key icon below your profile
- Once you are in the account section, go ahead and tap on the delete my account option
- A pop-up will now appear which will tell you that you will be removed from all WhatsApp groups and your messaging history will be erased
- Now you will have to select the country that your phone number is associated with your account and then tap on the orange “Delete my account” button to the bottom of your screen
- This action will then be confirmed on the next page of the application
- Once you have deleted your account, go ahead and remove the WhatsApp messenger app and restart the device
This action will delete all the temporary cache files from your device, while it is not a mandatory step, it is good to stay safe to ensure that your trick works without any issues. Once the above steps are completed you can then open Google Play Store and search for the WhatsApp messenger app, open the listing of the app, and hit on the Install button to begin the installation.
Once the download is complete then tap on the open button and the WhatsApp messenger will open in the setup screen. You will need to accept the Terms and Conditions of WhatsApp and you will be prompted to set up a new account. When you have to input the necessary fields, you will then have to verify your phone number through an OTP sent as a text message. Your new account will then be unblocked from all the contacts who had previously blocked you on WhatsApp.
While the above-mentioned solution is pretty easy for most users and solves the problem, most users might not want to jeopardize their entire account just to be able to talk to one person. While the above method does work with a high level of confidence, it is important to know that using the Account Deletion method results in you being removed from every participating group on WhatsApp. You will need to request an Admin of each group to add you back to the group manually once you are removed.
Alternatively, you can ask a mutual friend to create a group with you and the user who has blocked you, after this group is created your friend who is the mediator in this situation can leave the group allowing you and the other user to have a conversation despite being blocked. This will still prevent you from making calls to the other user but at least offers some medium of communication.
WhatsApp is the most commonly used instant messaging application and has the most number of users on it when compared to the other platforms, this also means that it attracts a lot of attention from unwanted places. This also results in genuine users getting blocked by other users assuming it to be spam.
If for some reason you have been blocked by an important contact and it is of extreme importance for you to reach them and using the above workarounds can turn out to be very useful.
- I recall my first hands-on experience with a Tecno smartphone was in 2018. From then till now, Tecno has significantly grown in India. I have had friends coming up to me talking about their Tecno smartphones. Today, we have one such promising smartphone from the brand, it’s their all-new Tecno Spark 7. For those who…
- Is Google Pixel 4A a good pick in 2021? Should you invest in it right now? Read to know more.
- IPL Live Streaming Free Online: Best Free Ways to Watch IPL 2021 Cricket Matches on Your Mobile PhoneBest Free Ways to Watch IPL 2021 Cricket Matches for Free
- Read this to know the top five reasons to buy the all-new Vivo X60 Pro Plus.
- How To Save Your Smartphone From Water Damage During Holi