How To Share Location On WhatsApp!
We have all probably been in a situation where we go out with friends in a crowded place such as a mall, park or an exhibition center and get lost in it. These are situations where it would be very helpful if we could find the location of our friends and navigate our way to them. Luckily, WhatsApp comes with an option that allows you to share your location or your live location to a single user or a group of users.
Highlights of the Story
- WhatsApp is the most commonly used instant messaging platform and allows you to send messages, photos, videos, documents, and even your location to your contacts
- If you want to let your friends know where you are then you can share your location in a conversation or a group in WhatsApp
- This guide shows you how to share your location on WhatsApp using your iPhone or Android Device
If you are a smartphone user, then you most likely already use WhatsApp for your goto instant messaging needs. It is very likely that most of us have been in a place where it is difficult to give then location details to your friends over the phone, in such a situation it would be very useful to be able to share the location. While it is always possible to go to Google Maps and share your location with other users on any instant messaging platform. Fortunately, WhatsApp comes with native integration of Google Maps allowing you to easily share your current location with friends and family.
There is also an option in WhatsApp that allows you to share your live location to your friends and family in WhatsApp for a given duration, this allows you to update your contacts about your instant location in real-time. The WhatsApp Live location feature comes extremely handy when you want to update the friends of your travel and also enhances your safety when traveling alone at night or in remote areas.
WhatsApp Location Sharing and Live location sharing features both require you to have your Location Services turned on in your phone and you can easily navigate to the Settings app to turn it on. The Live Location feature allows you to restrict the users who can see your instant location and for how long the live location is updated. When the receiver opens the live location sent by another user, they can see their own location on the map as well, this allows them to get an understanding of how far or close both users are.
How to Share your Location on WhatsApp using an iPhone or Android
To get started with location sharing on WhatsApp in either Android or iOS you will first have to ensure that you have your location services turned on, navigate to the Settings app on your smartphone to enable this feature. Then navigate to the WhatsApp on your smartphone and open the user conversation or group chat where you wish to share your location.
Look down for the attachment’s icon beside the Camera icon in the message section. Tap on the Attachment icon and then Tap on the location option. Now the WhatsApp application will use the location services on your smartphone to locate you and show you the current location.
Also Read: How To Setup A VPN An Windows, Android, iOS, Or Chrome OS!
You are now presented with individual options to either “Send your current location” or “Share live location”, select the option of your choice and the WhatsApp messenger will send your location to the user you have selected. If you select the Share live location option then you will be allowed to choose between 15 minutes, 1 hour, and 8 hours options for the duration of which the live location sharing will be enabled and the app will continue to broadcast the live location to the user that you have selected.
Once you have shared the live location to the user, they will be able to access your location in real-time, there will also be a button to turn off sharing if you want to revoke the recipient’s access to your live location at any point.
- Open the Settings app and ensure your Location Services are turned on and enabled
- Navigate to the WhatsApp messenger and open the conversation where you wish to share your location or live location
- Tap on the Attachments icon beside the camera icon to the bottom of the screen
- Choose the location option
- You will now see your current location, either select “Send your current location” or “Share live location” based on your requirement
- If you select Share your live location open, then you will be able to select for how long the user can view your live location
- Once you are done and you wish to stop sharing your live location, go back to the sharing and click on the “Stop Sharing” option to prevent others from seeing your live location
The above method explains the steps you need to follow to ensure that your live location or your current location is shared with the user securely.
- 10 Tips To Keep Your Smartphone Battery Healthy
- Top 5 reasons which make the all-new Xiaomi Mi 11x Pro a flagship killer.
- Coming straight to the design of the Redmi Note 10 Pro MAX, there is Gorilla Glass 5 both on the front and the back. Although the rear doesn’t appear to be made of glass, it is actually glass. One thing that is amazing here is the fingerprint sensor, which is on the side rather than…
- Read out this to know if a smartphone can replace the DSLR camera. Vivo X60 Pro Plus quick review.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.