How To Setup A VPN An Windows, Android, iOS, Or Chrome OS!
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network and offers a relay or a proxy for the data through another network allowing you to hide your personal location and some other details. A VPN can also enhance your privacy and security by preventing yourself from being tracked. The easiest way to set up a VPN on any platform is to use the app of the provider. Most major providers offer apps for different devices, you can easily sign in with your username, password, and other required details if any and you should be good to go.
Highlights of the Story
- VPN helps shield your true identity over the internet and enhances your privacy on a public network
- VPN allows you to access region-restricted content by choosing the country and relaying your internet through it
- VPN can also be used to safeguard the internet traffic when you connect to your organization services
VPN is a virtual private network and works by offering a relay or by proxying data through another network and thus allowing you to hide your personal IP Address, location and some other details. A VPN can enhance your privacy and security by preventing your network usage being tracked by your ISP or other users. The easiest way to set up a VPN on most platforms is generally to use the app from the VPN provider, you can easily download it, log in with your username, password and other details and you will be good to go.
However, not all providers offer apps on every platform and there are times that a VPN provider has an app for Windows but not for Android or iOS. If you want to set up VPN manually there here’s how to do it on Android, Chrome OS, macOS, iOS, and Windows.
How to set up a VPN on Android
Setting up a VPN on Android is easy, head to the Settings app and open the Wireless & Networks section, here select the more option and tap on the “+” icon to the top-right corner. Type in all the required info given by your VPN provider and hit the “Save” button to finish the setup. The settings menu might look a little different than the steps mentioned depending on the manufacturer and version of Android. The VPN option could be in a different folder, but you can always use the search option to find it easily.
- Head to the Settings > Wireless & Networks > More
- Tap on the “+” icon to the top right corner
- Enter the VPN Credentials that you received from your provider
- Hit the “save” button to finish the process
How to set up VPN on Windows 10
To set up VPN on Windows you will need to use PPTP protocol, go to the Network Settings then choose VPN, not click on Add a VPN connection. When the new windows pop up, choose the Windows (built-in) option from the VPN Provider drop-down menu and “Point to Point Tunnelling Protocol (PPTP)” from the VPN type menu. Then fill out all the fields including username, password, server name, and others, you can easily get these details by contacting your VPN provider.
You can select “Remember my sign-in info” option so that you do not have to log in each time, and you will be able to use VPN, now select Save. The last step is to choose your VPN connection from the list and click on the Connect button and then go ahead with your browsing.
- Go to the Network Settings > VPN > Add a VPN connection
- Enter all the required info in the window
- Select Windows (built-in) from the VPN Provider drop-down menu
- Select PPTP from the VPN type menu
- Select the “Remember my sign-in info” option
- Click save and then choose the VPN, then click the “Connect” button.
How to set up VPN on iOS
Setting up a VPN on iOS isn’t very difficult, go to the Settings app on the iOS device and then navigate to the General > VPN > Add VPN Configuration section. Now tap on the Type option and select PPTP protocol, now go back to the previous screen and fill up all the required details provided by your VPN provider. Then tap on the Done option and toggle the status switch on and you are ready to get started.
- Navigate to the General section of the Settings app and Select VPN
- Choose Add VPN Configuration and select Type as PPTP Protocol
- Then head back to the previous screen and enter the info including username, password and the server name that you received from your VPN provider
- Click on “Done” and then toggle the status switch on to start using the VPN.
How to setup VPN on Chrome OS
To set up a VPN on Chrome OS, the first step is to import a CA certificate on the Chromebook if your VPN uses it. First, procure the certificate form your provider and store it on your computer, then head to chrome://settings/certificates by entering it in the address bar of the Chrome Browser. Then click on the “Authorities” tab to the top of the page and press on “Import”, then choose the CA certificate and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Procure the CA certificate from your VPN provider, store it on your computer
- Then head to the Chrome browser and type chrome://settings/certificates into the address bar
- Click on the “Authorities” tab to the top of the page
- Now click on the “Import” option and choose the CA certificate downloaded, then follow the instructions displayed on-screen to complete the set up.
After the above process, click on the account photo to the bottom right corner and open Settings, now select Add connection option under the Network section. Here select the Add OpenVPN/L2TP option and type in the required details given by your VPN provider and select Connect.
- Time To Sell Your OnePlus 6 NowFri, 31 Jul'20In this video, we tried to list 5 reasons why you have to change your old OnePlus 6 with a brand new phone.
- Top 5 Fitness Apps for Home WorkoutFri, 31 Jul'20Here we have discussed the top five fitness apps that will help you to maintain fitness at home.
- Make A LightBox at Home in 3 Simple StepsMon, 20 Jul'20Now create this photo lightbox at your home with some of the recyclable products.
- Redmi Note 5 Pro: Top Reasons To SellTue, 14 Jul'20In this article, we have discussed the best 5 reasons to sell your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro:
- Top 5 Reasons To Sell Your Old iPhone 6 or iPhone 6STue, 14 Jul'20We have discussed five reasons to sell your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6S
- How To Record Calls On iPhone!23 Jul 2020
You May Also ReadView All
With leaks and rumors floating around, it’s time to take a look at the most anticipated new phones coming in 2020. We already know the big trends of 2020: 5G is coming, along with it will come bigger batteries in our smartphones, faster speeds, more and better cameras that allow you to zoom further, capture ultra-wide images and get more detail in pictures. Of course, 2020 will also be a hugely important year for foldable phones, an experiment barely launched in 2019, foldable phones should prove their worth in 2020 and compete against traditional smartphones.
With the amount of task processing that today’s smartphone SoC has to accomplish, a good battery backup is a must to have. If your usage also involves a fair amount of gaming, using navigation and the likes, 4000mAh battery mobiles are what you need. 4000mAh battery phones in India have topped the sales rank because of the fact that a fully charged phone will last well for the whole day long depending on how heavily a user uses it. Especially 4000mAh battery phones are mostly bought as the prices are nominal for most individuals. Cashify could help you bridge the premium amount by selling the old phone and receiving the sold amount with just one click at your doorstep. We have sorted out a list of the best 4000mAh battery phones that would be appropriate for users across the globe. With Cashify’s compare option, you can differentiate prices and features easily. Our meticulously created list of Samsung smartphones with battery 4000mAh in India will provide you the most convenient way to compare prices with each other. With a single click on the name label against any phone in the list, you will be taken to the detailed specification of that phone along with a comprehensive review from the Cashify’s review experts. You can compare upto three phones at a time.
Not only this, but you could also sell your refurbished or old phone at a phenomenal cashback price from us with just a single click. Detailed specifications and expert reviews can be found on click over the mobile name in the below mentioned 4000mAh battery mobile list. Be assured, Cashify being the market leader in selling/ buying your old smartphone – you have landed at the right place to make a choice of 4000mAh battery mobile phone in India you always wanted.
Panasonic has been a mediocre performer in the Indian smartphone market for a while now. Although the company has introduced just a few smartphone models, buyers tend to neglect them often. To get a deeper look inside, we have combined this Panasonic price list for you which would let you compare prices of Panasonic devices and their variants available in India right now. With a very small product line-up, the decision to choose the right model with the right variant is not difficult. Hence, our comprehensive collection of Panasonic price list 2020 will allow you to see all Panasonic mobiles price in India. Here you will also find a complete Panasonic mobile specifications so you can easily look at the highlights like a big battery, a powerful chipset or a great camera. The list also contains Panasonic latest price in India. You will also be directed to an honest review of each device by our Cashify experts so you know exactly how the phone performs in the real world with all its pros and cons.
Lava is a budget Indian smartphone manufacturer. We have curated a list of Lava mobiles price list for our customers so they can compare and contrast the cost of various Lava products available in the market. Lava caters to a notable market of consumers, from ultra-budget phones to mid-range ones. Our carefully compiled list of Lava phone prices is made to ensure that you can conveniently find out the prices of different models and compare them with each other. If you click any phone’s name you will be taken to the complete Lava mobile specifications of that phone along with a brief review by Cashify’s experts. Further, if you want you can also compare Lava mobiles to see exactly what the differences are between up to three products at the same time. Going through this list could also help you find out about certain phones that you might not be aware of.