How To Change Notification Sounds On Your Android Device?
Notifications tones for android devices have become a unique identifying factor for the type of notification. But after a few weeks or months, the older notification tone does not sound good at all, and everyone starts getting thoughts in mind to get them changed.
Highlights of the Story
- There are hundreds of notifications that arrive every day on your smartphone and do you know more than 80% of smartphone users do not even change the default notification tone of their android devices.
- Most of the android device users think that they cannot change their notification sounds, hence which is the major reason because of which people don’t even try to change the notification sounds of their devices.
- But there are a total of two major ways with the help of which you can change notification sounds of your android device and those are firstly by using your System settings or with the help of file manager.
Are you using the same notification sound on your Android device that came with the default settings and now you just wanted to change the notifications sounds of your device as it’s been a long time using the same one?
If you said yes, but you don’t know how to change notification sounds on your Android device, then make sure to follow this post till the end. As here we are going to discuss every possible way for changing the notifications sounds on your Android device.
All about changing the notification sounds
One of the major advantages of using an Android device is that you can make several changes in your smartphones, and one of the major changes is that you would be able to keep different notification sounds for different contact numbers or different apps installed on your device.
Not only that you can even change the notification sounds for your WhatsApp notifications too.
How to change notification sounds on your Android device?
There are two different ways with the help of which you can change the notification sounds of your Android device, and those are as follows:
- Changing notification sound using System Settings
- Changing notification sound using Media Files
In the coming section, we are going to talk about the steps with the help of which you can change the notification sounds of your android device.
Changing notification sounds using System settings
Here we are going to have a look at the steps with the help of which you can change your android device notification sounds using system settings.
- In the first step, you need to unlock your android device and head towards the Settings menu. Click on it.
- Once you are inside the Settings menu, then find Sound and Vibration settings.
- Scroll down in the Sound and Vibration settings; you would be able to notice various options such as Message tone, Incoming call ringtone, Calendar alert ringtones, Notification ringtone.
- From these options, you can select the one for which you want to change the notification sounds.
- In case if you want to change the notification sound for Message tone, then click on it.
- Hence, at last, you can directly select a notification sound from all the available options.
Changing notification sound using Media files
Here is the next way with the help of which we can change our android device notification sounds using media files. For this particular method, you should have the particular ringtone stored in the internal storage of the device. In case if there is no media file, then firstly we should get one, and for that, we can directly head towards Google.com, or we can install some additional applications such as Zedge and many more to download some great notification sounds.
Once we have media files on our smartphone, then we are ready to get started with this method of changing notification sounds.
Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- In the first step, you would have to open the File Manager of your Android device.
- Right after that, you would be able to get two options regarding Internal Storage and SD Card.
- From those options, you can select the storage place where you have kept the Media Files.
- Directly get to the Media File.
- Select the file and click on More from the bottom options.
- From the More settings menu, you need to click on Set As.
- Under the Set As options, you can select the purpose (Incoming call Tone, Messages Tone, and more) for which you want to use this notification tone.
This was all about the ways with the help of which you would be able to change the notification sound of your android device. You can select any of the above methods accordingly.
Also Read: How To Record Screen On Any Android Device
- Time To Sell Your OnePlus 6 NowFri, 31 Jul'20In this video, we tried to list 5 reasons why you have to change your old OnePlus 6 with a brand new phone.
- Top 5 Fitness Apps for Home WorkoutFri, 31 Jul'20Here we have discussed the top five fitness apps that will help you to maintain fitness at home.
- Make A LightBox at Home in 3 Simple StepsMon, 20 Jul'20Now create this photo lightbox at your home with some of the recyclable products.
- Redmi Note 5 Pro: Top Reasons To SellTue, 14 Jul'20In this article, we have discussed the best 5 reasons to sell your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro:
- Top 5 Reasons To Sell Your Old iPhone 6 or iPhone 6STue, 14 Jul'20We have discussed five reasons to sell your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6S
- How To Record Calls On iPhone!23 Jul 2020
You May Also ReadView All
Gionee has become one of the best-emerging smartphone brands in India. With many smartphones in its portfolio, it often becomes confusing for buyers to decide which one to buy. No problem, we have compiled Gionee mobiles price list 2020 for you. With this you can easily do a Gionee price comparison of devices that are in the market right now. Our carefully inspected catalogue of the Gionee price list will surely allow you to decide and choose between different models, of each and every price segment. Furthermore, you can also click on any phone’s name to get the complete Gionee specifications of that device which would be pinned by an honest review by Cashify’s experts. This list would alert you of all major and key differences in various Gionee phones and would even help you make out the correct RAM and storage option for you. You can check specifications as per your priority such as a camera or battery department and also look at some not-so-popular Gionee phones that are available in India but not known to you.
Infinix offers a decent range of smartphones which give a great Android experience along with modern hardware. Infinix smartphone line-up is definitely growing with the company catering to budgets of almost all the users in the market. To help you decide your next smartphone, here is a combined Infinix mobile price list which would let you analyze specifications and prices of all Infinix smartphones available in India right now. Infinix’s smartphone line-up gets updated routinely thereby adding new features along with a more refined spec-sheet. Infinix price comparison would come into play to let you know the differences between various models and help you make the right choice. So, here’s a detailed collection of Infinix mobile phone specifications along with our Cashify expert review of each Infinix mobile to let you know exactly how the device delivers in real-life usage. The list also gets Infinix’s latest price India to help you choose the device according to the budget.
HTC, although struggling with poor smartphone sales over the past years, offers some decent devices in the Indian market. These phones often bring satisfactory performance at a justifiable price tag. With numerous devices in its portfolio, we have combined this HTC mobiles price list for you so you can analyse specifications and prices of all HTC devices available in India right now. HTC nowadays has smartphones mostly in the budget to mid-range segment, so our HTC price comparison helps consumers make the correct decision when they are choosing a smartphone to buy. Here’s a detailed collection of HTC phones which would make you clear about the devices that the company offers when you see all HTC mobiles price in India. This complete HTC price list includes each and every device to help you take a closer look at what the handset offers. You can also see HTC mobile phone specifications along with our Cashify expert review of each HTC mobile.
Micromax is one of the oldest smartphone brands which is now struggling with gloomy sales, mostly due to a lack of modern features and poor marketing. However, the brand does offer a decent price to performance ratio along with decent internals and acceptable modern hardware. Micromax smartphone line-up is definitely vast with the company focussing more on budget focussed consumers. To help you decide your next smartphone, here is a combined Micromax mobile price list which would let you analyze specifications and prices of all Micromax smartphones available in India right now. Micromax’s
smartphone line-up also gets new members added routinely thereby adding new features along with a better spec-sheet, at cheap and budget-friendly price tags. So, here’s a detailed collection of Micromax mobile phone specifications along with our Cashify expert review of each Micromax mobile to let you know exactly how the device performs in reality. Micromax price comparison would help you know the differences between various models and help you make the right investment. The list also gets Micromax’s latest price India to help you choose the device according to the budget.
Sony, although with an awful smartphone sales figure, offers impressive hardware quality and decent internals in their smartphones. With the brand suffering from a bad reputation in the smartphone market, the offerings made by Sony often fail to attract the crowd. But, with the company focussing on adding better and more competitive smartphones to its portfolio, users must take a look at these when planning to buy a new phone. To make this decision correct, we have a combined Sony mobile price list which would let you analyse specifications and prices of all Sony smartphones available in India right now. Sony price comparison would help you to know the differences between various models and help you make the right purchase. Sony presently has devices in the mid-range to a premium segment only, leaving a very small area to be looked upon. So, the list also gets Sony’s latest price India to help you choose the device which doesn’t drill a hole in your pocket. Here’s a detailed collection of Sony mobile phone specifications followed by an honest and detailed Cashify expert review of each Sony mobile to let you know exactly how the device delivers in real usage.