How To Make A YouTube Song As Your Ringtone On Android?
We all do use ringtones on our smartphones, while there are multiple websites which sell premium ringtones for a price, did you know that you could create one for yourself from the Youtube Videos for free?. Yes Creating them from youtube videos is quite simple and doesn’t consume much time. Keep reading this article to know more.
Highlights of the Story
- Ringtones are pieces of sound produced by smartphones to notify for a new call, message and more
- Ringtones can be changed, there are a lot of apps and websites over the internet selling Ringtones for steep prices.
- Creating a new ringtone for our smartphone is quite easy and can be done in multiple ways.
YouTube has slowly become the biggest source of entertainment and hosts just about any song or music that you can find on the internet. This makes it a perfect choice to look for songs or ringtones to download if you do not find it elsewhere.
YouTube allows you to play different videos on the app on your smartphone without any hurdles. However, it does not allow you to stream just the audio while skipping the audio unless you have a premium subscription or YouTube Music enabled. This also means that you can not download these audio tracks as native music files for offline listening or settings as your ringtone on a smartphone. This can be an issue if you have a specific song of your choice that you like a lot and wish to customize your smartphone and set it as a ringtone.
While YouTube doesn’t officially provide a way to download a video in the audio format, there are workarounds that allow you to download music or ringtone of your choice from a YouTube video. This can be especially helpful if you do not find the ringtone on popular ringtone portals or other websites or if the song you are looking for is not available on other streaming platforms for download.
We all do have ringtones set on our smartphones, Ringtones are pieces of sound used by smartphones to indicate a certain action, for an example: You get notified when you get a call or an incoming message by a sound that our smartphone produces. There are a lot of apps and websites out there from where one can purchase mobile ringtones available online but better be aware of their steep price. More interestingly, one can convert a music video on YouTube and turn them into ringtone at no cost within no matter of time.
Yes, you’ve heard it right. Converting a Youtube video to a ringtone is quite simple and can be done in multiple methods. So now you don’t need to buy ringtones from somewhere else when you can make one for yourself for free. Read the whole guide below to discover how to use YouTube audio clips and urn into mobile phone ringtones, but before that let’s talk about Why YouTube is one of the best sources to get the audio files for making a ringtone. And in this article, we will discuss how to make a youtube song your ringtone on android.
Why YouTube Is The Best Source For Ringtones:
YouTube houses one of the biggest collection of videos, music, songs and a lot more even including movies while also keeping the quality of the video and the song bitrate intact. Downloading videos from youtube in either format is very simple and doesn’t require many efforts. Also, there are a lot of 3rd party applications which support downloading from youtube, trimming videos online and more. So with all these compiled into the application, there isn’t a doubt why we should choose YouTube over the others.
How to make a Youtube song your ringtone on Android?
Step 1: Convert YouTube Videos to MP3 Format:
- So firstly, go head over to youtube and search for the video you want to convert and use as your ringtone.
- Click on the Share Button, select Copy Link or Copy URL and continue to the next step.
- Now open Chrome or any browser on your Android and head over to https://ytmp3.cc/. Paste the Link over in the box
- Now Hit, convert and wait for the process to be completed.
- Now you have the mp3 file of the video and you can now download this audio file.
Also Read: How To Record Screen On Any Android Device
Step 2: Trim the MP3:
Now, this method can be done in two ways, either you can trim it over online, or download an Android application and do the same process.
Method 1 to Trim the MP3: Using a web browser
- Open Chrome or any other browser on your Android smartphone and head to https://mp3cut.net/.
- Select Choose File, and select the Youtube Converted File which we just converted in the last step
- Wait for it to get uploaded, now Select the part you want to make the ringtone, make sure to time it about approximately 15-20 seconds.
- Now Select Trim and hit continue. Now the download link will be generated.
Method 2 to Trim the MP3: Using Android Apps
Via Application #1: MP3 Cutter and ringtone maker
“MP3 Cutter and ringtone maker” is a free app available on the Google Play Store and performs various tasks including trimming MP3 files, merging them, mixing two audios and a lot more. While this app shows up some ads, but due to the functionality it performs, the ads can be overseen. Overall with all these features packed into a single app, this is our app of choice for this process.
- Head over to the Google Play Store and search for “MP3 Cutter and Ringtone Maker” from InShot INC and download it. (The Download Link is given below)
- Open up the application and Select MP3 Cutter, allow the permissions and now choose the converted file.
- Drag the play head and time the audio exactly as per your needs.
- Select the Continue button on the top, adjust the settings and click on convert
- Now the finally the Youtube song your ringtone.
Download MP3 Cutter and Ringtone Maker
Via Application #2: Timbre: Cut, Join, Convert Mp3 Audio & Mp4 Video
One of the oldest apps in this field, Timbre also performs multiple tasks such as trimming audio, merging, converting formats for both MP3 and MP4 format files. This is quite similar to the previous app, and can be used to perform the tasks mentioned below.
- Go to the Play Store and Search for Timbre: Cut, Jin and Convert MP3 Audio find and download it.
- Once done, open the application, allow the permissions.
- In the Audio Menu, search for Cut and now pick the audio file we converted.
- Select the range of the audio you want to cut, and click on the Trim button.
- The Audio will now be saved at the destination storage.
Step 3: Set it as Ringtone:
Now here comes the final step, now once your Ringtone is ready, all you need to do is set it as the default ringtone. And to do that;
- Head over to the Settings Menu
- Search for Sound and Vibration
- Under the Phone Ringtone Menu, search for Phone Ringtone
- Now click on the SIM Name, and select the new Audio File.
- Your new ringtone is now set.
YouTube comes with some of the best songs, ringtones, and music overall, and using the above method it becomes extremely easy to set your favorite music from YouTube as your ringtone on your smartphone. There are multiple ways of doing the same, but we’ve covered some of the easiest and safest methods of doing the same. It is important to understand that this might still be considered as copyright infringement under some laws if the music or song you are trying to download is copyrighted, we suggest you take your own precaution and check for copyright protection to avoid issues.
That’s it, now you will be able to make your own ringtones anytime and anywhere.
Changing the default ringtone is easier on Android than on iOS and other OS devices. Apowersoft with its simple application converts instantly YouTube videos to ringtones without any charges and allows downloading from multiple video and music sites apart from YouTube for converting them into ringtones.
This is an online based application and does not need any installation, furthermore its completely free with no registration fee and membership. For converting YouTube videos into ringtones using this awesome application apart from “mp3 cutter and ringtone maker application”, go through the following procedure:
- Go to the YouTube application and copy the URL of that video containing the required soundtrack.
- Go to your mobile browser and open Apowersoft Free to MP3, after that go to the search bar and paste the URL right there followed by clicking on the Convert option.
- After enabling the online launcher by trailing the instructions, Apowersoft tool will initiate the audio conversion and will save the MP3 file on your PC.
- After the tool successfully saves the required ringtone, transfer the saved MP3 ringtone from your PC to your Android Phone by simply connecting it to your PC. Then go to your Music Library and set it as your ringtone.
Also Read: POCO Launcher Tips And Tricks
Update (January 2021)
Here is another way through which you can do it.
- Go to YouTube and then copy the link of the video which you want to be made as your Android ringtone.
- From there, go to Audio cutter online and then paste the youtube link. Cut the audio which you want to hear as your ringtone.
- You can cut the audio with the help of the fade in and fade out box to make the sound more natural and harmonious.
- From there, choose to download the ringtone which you have cut in.
- Save the ringtone in your cloud and then you can use it in your Android device.
- iQOO 7 Camera Review - Stock Camera Vs Gcam Comparison
- iQOO 7 Extreme Gaming Test - PUBG, COD Mobile, and Asphalt 9 Gameplay
- All truths revealed about the most-awaited 5G availability in India
- Mi 11X Pro vs OnePlus 9R vs iPhone 11 Full Comparison
- 25 most interesting questions with the gaming beast, iQOO 7 5G