How To Record Screen On Any Android Device
Screenshots have been available on Android smartphones for a while now, however, recording the Screen video isn’t something known to most people right away. For a long time, there have been a few third-party applications that have allowed users to record the display of the smartphone but until recent times there hasn’t been a native feature.
Highlights of the Story
- Smartphones have supported Screenshots on Android natively for the past few years
- Recording the screen on Android was possible through third party applications for a few years now
- Smartphone manufacturers have now started natively integrating screen recording on Android Smartphones
Screen recording can be very helpful and allows you to make tutorials and how-to guides or maybe just recording your demo. It can also be used to show off your gaming skills on YouTube or other streaming services, there are many reasons why one would want to record the display and it is increasingly becoming a native feature baked into the OS. For those smartphones that don’t have the feature built-in, there are third-party apps to save the day, follow the guide below to record your screen on any device.
Screen recording feature debuted on Android around the same time as it became standard on iOS, prior to this most applications required root access to be able to record the screen of your Android device. Luckily Android has been considerate to listen to its users and slowly bring native support to some of the most demanded features and prevent users from using risky workarounds.
Also Read: Top 5 Screen Recorder Apps For Android
How o Record Screen on Android – Native Feature
Android 10 Q comes with Native Screen Recording baked into the smartphones; however, a few OEMs have worked on including this feature on some of the older versions. This feature and the functionality varies from device to device and the steps might vary a little. Some of the brands that have included Screen Recording are as follows.
How to Record Screen on OnePlus and Samsung Devices
OnePlus has introduced a screen recording feature with OnePlus 7 Pro and can be used as follows:
- To start off, you will need to add the Screen Recorder option to the Quick Settings Menu, click on the pencil icon to the end of the Quick Settings panel to edit the arrangement and then drag the Screen Recorder button to a location of your choice.
- Then click on the Screen Recorder toggle in the Quick Settings to get started
- Once the Screen Recording pop up is toggled you can tap on the red record button to begin the recording of your screen
- There will be a gear icon that opens the settings of the recording and here you can set the resolution, video orientation and audio source of the recording.
How to Record Screen on Xiaomi Devices
Most Xiaomi Smartphones come with a Xiaomi’s pre-installed MIUI screen recorder app.
- You can find the screen recorder in the tools folder either in the home page or the app drawer based on your arrangement
- Open the application and tap on the gear icon to the top right corner to set or change the settings like video resolution, quality, and orientation among other options.
- Now go back and tap on the red record button to the bottom right, then select the start option to begin the recording of your screen.
How to Record Screen on Huawei and Honor Devices
- Huawei and Honor have built-in screen recording feature in their EMUI software
- You will find a screen recording toggle in the Quick Settings menu similar to the case of OnePlus
- You can also enable screen recording easily by pressing and holding the power button and the volume key simultaneously
- Repeat either of the above steps to end the screen recording and to store it on the device
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.